Re-add Sec-Antag spawn balancing thing

AmoryBlaine

Hey, so, this is getting crazy. Nearly every round is Sec antags. I'd prefer no antags, to Sec antags. You can usually tell when the round is Mercs because Sec is empty. Perhaps we should set it so Merc requires less players as Mercs. Maybe two Mercs, or hell, even one. Having every 15-20 person round with 5 Sec characters end up taking all 4 of them, or 5 if it's raiders, is a bit of a killer for story and plot diversity. I don't know, there's just got to be some way to stop this. It makes joining after the start of a round hell for someone like me, since I end up joining a skeleton crew for Sec against all of Sec as antags.

I'm pretty sure there was an old PR from last year that made Sec only have a 50% chance for onstation antags. Was that also reverted along with the newer PRs? I don't believe it actually caused problems, and it kept uncreative security-traitor powertrips at a minimum.

46 minutes ago, GreenBoi said:

I'm pretty sure there was an old PR from last year that made Sec only have a 50% chance for onstation antags. Was that also reverted along with the newer PRs? I don't believe it actually caused problems, and it kept uncreative security-traitor powertrips at a minimum.

It was reverted because it was causing most off-station antag modes to simply not fire, as far as I know.

29 minutes ago, Carver said:

I stand by that the correct solution will always be "never let someone roll antag two rounds in a row, and especially not in the same round (on different characters)". Would overall solve most 'Officer Doe is always an antag' problems.

Not a bad idea, but honestly the unique antag population of Aurora is low enough you'd see a massive uptick in extended rounds.

13 hours ago, Wildkins said:

Not a bad idea, but honestly the unique antag population of Aurora is low enough you'd see a massive uptick in extended rounds.

I'm not against this, as in the end it may encourage other people to try antag roles. Solves itself quite cleanly and reduces the repetition/annoyance of 'X is always an antag'.

• Gem locked this topic