Ban Request - BurgerBB

17 minutes ago, BoxWulf said:

I don't think the IR is OOC, if you read what I write instead writing to retaliate, you would understand that. YOU seem to have the two mixed up because I hadn't mentioned your bullshit IR OOCly until you mentioned it as being factual when it's not.

I don't want an apology for you being abrasive, I want an apology from you lying about me and my actions to get another player in trouble as a result of your own personal vendetta that the ENTIRE community is well aware of with your incessant posting all over the fucking place.

"I don't know who you are" learn who people are before you make complaints against them that admonish their character and who they are, that's such blatant entitlement. 

I can't even believe you wrote that in good conscience, imagine filing complaints about people and just being like "Wait, who? LOL." 

I look forward to see what administrative action you incur this time, Burger. 

I really don't know what to say here because I'm starting to get confused here. Let me just repeat everything to avoid confusion because I think we're not going anywhere with this.

I don't know who your character is. I don't know who you play. I don't know the username "BoxWulf" from anywhere and I don't think I've seen you in OOC. I don't know anything about you, but that shouldn't stop me from ahelping someone or making a complaint.

I've ahelped people before for doing what I know to be beginner's mistakes because there is an off chance that they might be griefing. I've done this for 3 years and as far as I know, admins don't mind if I do this because they rather have a false positive than a negative that isn't reported. Yeah, I feel like an asshole when doing it. I'm sure admins have made a note of me saying "Yeah I don't mean to be an asshole." or "I don't know if this is an issue." as a bad habbit because I always like to let admins know that I am unsure of something and would like their input. I feel like an asshole reporting you but in the context of a complaint, I think it was the right thing to do.

It's rude. But it's true. I don't care enough about you to hate you. I don't hate you. I don't think you're a bad person. I just see you as another player on the server and that's it. If I had an lasting OOC issue with you, I would voice it. And honestly given your claims here,  I am starting to have an issue with you. I never lied in the player complaint. I do recall that you made some remarks alongside the other unathi that I found as offensive. That is what I remember so that it what I put in the complaint.

8 minutes ago, Haydizzle said:

I will note that. As I said before, thank you for the timely replies, and I will try to get other instances posted to not sound as baseless.

I need to know if this is instances that you saw or that instances that other people talked about.

22 minutes ago, Haydizzle said:

Stuff that I saw is what I aim to post. If I hear about something, the best I can do is encourage the person who spoke of it to post about it themselves.

The thing that I want to get across here to you, the people reading this thread, and to the people handling it is that since I've gotten back from my 6 month ban, people have undergone a significant effort to get me re-removed from the server. New shit has been made up. Lies have been spread. Screencaps of out of context quotes have been shared and posted. Mountains have been made out of molehills. People still bring up things that have happened 2 year ago that were already dealt with by administrators and that I have apologized or shown improvement about.

This isn't me excusing my poor behavior. I can go over the line, and when I do, I am always apologize an express my sympathy even if they spit in my face. I do not do this because I do not want to suffer the consequences, I do this because that is how I expect others to act towards me as well. I expect people to call me out when I behave wrongly. I expect people to call me out when I do something bad. I expect people to actually point out and provide criticism on the actions that I have done.

But this thread as made me deeply concerned about the motives and honestly state of how we solve problems here. I am deeply concerned about people posting in here because of rumors shared. I am deeply concerned that there are people who shit on me because I write paragraphs. I am deeply concerned that I never get player complaints, but only ban requests. I am deeply concerned that no one has commented on my character feedback posts about the characters I play. I am deeply concerned that the only time I ever hear about these issues is during threads like these. I am deeply concerned that not once anyone has messaged me on discord about issues they have with me. I am deeply concerned about how most of the "evidence" about my poor conduct is the fact that I have been listening to staff and making staff/player complaints. I am deeply concerned about the unfortunate reason that this thread exists.

57 minutes ago, BurgerBB said:

The thing that I want to get across here to you, the people reading this thread, and to the people handling it is that since I've gotten back from my 6 month ban, people have undergone a significant effort to get me re-removed from the server. New shit has been made up. Lies have been spread. Screencaps of out of context quotes have been shared and posted. Mountains have been made out of molehills. People still bring up things that have happened 2 year ago that were already dealt with by administrators and that I have apologized or shown improvement about.

This isn't me excusing my poor behavior. I can go over the line, and when I do, I am always apologize an express my sympathy even if they spit in my face. I do not do this because I do not want to suffer the consequences, I do this because that is how I expect others to act towards me as well. I expect people to call me out when I behave wrongly. I expect people to call me out when I do something bad. I expect people to actually point out and provide criticism on the actions that I have done.

But this thread as made me deeply concerned about the motives and honestly state of how we solve problems here. I am deeply concerned about people posting in here because of rumors shared. I am deeply concerned that there are people who shit on me because I write paragraphs. I am deeply concerned that I never get player complaints, but only ban requests. I am deeply concerned that no one has commented on my character feedback posts about the characters I play. I am deeply concerned that the only time I ever hear about these issues is during threads like these. I am deeply concerned that not once anyone has messaged me on discord about issues they have with me. I am deeply concerned about how most of the "evidence" about my poor conduct is the fact that I have been listening to staff and making staff/player complaints. I am deeply concerned about the unfortunate reason that this thread exists.

Every time I’ve talked to you about your behavior outside of these posts you’ve gone off on me. You’ve called me a cunt. You’ve called me retarded. You never apologized. 

You don’t take feedback, you create conflict if anyone tries. The issue has never been your characters and has always been your OOC attitude. 

12 minutes ago, Resilynn said:

Every time I’ve talked to you about your behavior outside of these posts you’ve gone off on me. You’ve called me a cunt. You’ve called me retarded. You never apologized. 

You don’t take feedback, you create conflict if anyone tries. The issue has never been your characters and has always been your OOC attitude. 

You're referring to a situation where you openly harassed and shittalked me for several days, and I was telling you to knock it off each time with a stronger and harsher tone. You made a staff complaint about it because the moderator in question didn't see a reason to punish either of us. The complaint was marked as resolved with punishment given to you for attempting to provoke me and punishment towards me for taking the bait, being aggressive, and not informing an admin sooner. I wasn't given an outright ban because the handling admins understood perfectly well that it was done to provoke me and that I never actually called you a "retarded cunt."

I recall that after that occurrence you still continued to try and provoke me, including saying shit like "Since Burger is banned, deadchat is all he has to complain." and "That's just burger, he complains a lot." I have not engaged with you when you say that sort of stuff because I respect the administrators.

You don't talk to me about "my behavior". You shittalk me and I choose not to engage with you.

Edited by BurgerBB
6 hours ago, Scheveningen said:

So it's okay for you to call someone a sexist slur because you think Resi was 'baiting' you?
image.png.8c98ab4d2d2340cb6635e110820ec16b.png
image.png.636ea5c703ae8003a8fafcb8e461754a.png

But I guess this isn't the first time you've used slurs to try to prove a (equally fallacious and offensive) point.

image.png.9042f39ed53b65243de5d8930aa8ebdf.png 

Why are you putting words in my mouth.

Like just to be clear, I am no way saying that I was justified in calling someone a cunt or saying that their actions are retarded. It was out of anger, and it has not happened again since then. I touched on this in that thread and I don't really feel like repeating this here.

What I'm seeing here is that most of what people are complaining about is situations that have already been touched on and resolved. The rest of what is posted is about the fact that I make a lot of complaints and appeals over what people think is trivial, and that's an issue because it wastes administration time. While I am not saying "these situations are resolved, let's move on", I am saying that I don't think it's very fair to request a ban over situations that have been marked as resolved and I absolutely don't think it's fair to ding someone over the quantity of complaints and appeals they make.

I avoid complaints like the plague when it's necessary. I legitimately go out of my way to avoid ahelping unless it is absolutely needed. I avoid staff at all costs considering I have been made fun of my complaining and the length of my staff complaints by players, admins, and hosts. Yet, staff ask me to make a complaint due to legitimate reasons. Sometimes they can't handle the situation on the spot because it needs to be looked into. Sometimes there aren't any staff online that can handle the situation. Sometimes the issue is against another member of staff and they can't handle it in an ahelp because it also needs to be investigated and it would also create a conflict of interest.

I use player complaints and staff complaints not to ask for bans but rather than to deal with things I could not ahelp at the time (see reasons above) or ongoing issues with users. I don't know if anyone else does this, but not every punishment has to result in a ban, a warning, or a note, and you can sometimes see me in those threads going "I am not asking for a ban." to make my intent very clear.

I actually gathered some statistics. I looked in the first page of the archive section of all 3 complaint boards (Player Complaints, Ban Requests, Staff Complaints) and ArmoryBlaine has the same amount of archived complaints as me. The only time that I ever exceed another user in complaints is staff complaints, with 4 of mine while ArmoryBlaine has 3. In every other section, someone has more complaints than me. Most of my staff complaints have more to do with appeals of warnings and notes than actual bad behavior done by staff, because that is the process.

Edited by BurgerBB
54 minutes ago, Aboshedab said:

Expect some official statement in the next few days. The volume of writing in this thread is quite substantial that it's going to take some time to properly go through.

Hit me up on discord at Burger#3948 if you think that's needed. There are a lot of things I would like to share here as well but don't in fear of causing unnecessary drama.

1 hour ago, Aboshedab said:

Preferably it's posted here. 

Right. The reason why the ban request was created in the first place was because I made a post inside the "Absolute State" thread where I pointed out that sexual tension and romantic scenes are allowed according to the rules. Shev saw it, and got really upset and made a heated reply despite my post not really being offensive. They said some really aggressive things, but I can't remember specifically what they said since the post itself was either deleted by an admin or deleted by themselves. The comment itself was really out of place and had a lot of emotion put into it. 40 minutes later after they made the post, they submitted this ban request here despite me not interacting with them. I've literally not talked to this person in ages and have done my best to avoid them because, and I really fucking hate being a dick and saying this, they will go from 1 to 100 in a matter of seconds in terms of friendliness to hostility. Given their remarks about how they have psychologist experience and claiming they like to analyze people, and the fact that literally the exact same thing prompted a heated ban request, it is extremely hard to ignore the possibility that they're abusing the system. As a person who has been warned on the forums for this kind of claims before, you only do this if you have some issues with the person you're talking about.

His way of posting in and handling his own side of complaints also pretty much matching with his typical approach to be super crass and disrespectful.

I have been told at least a few times now in reporting his behavior that they have been "tracking" Burger as an issue or dealing with him while a complaint is open on another staff member (as he seems to tend to do) would create a conflict of interest.

I am willing to bet that Burger has no fucking idea what the admins have to put up with.

Let me also point out in some of his posts, he writes out gigantic floods of text that absolutely nobody wants to read. It is the opposite of concise and simple.

all I can see is this behavior of "crying wolf" and then Burger expecting the admins to come to their rescue after the nine millionth invalid complaint with the most mundane circumstances is opened.

And this is just rumor/conjecture at this point, but it was brought to my attention a few days ago that Shev is trying to find users to post inside here or share stories with him about me, according to another very concerned user who does not wish to be named. They're trying to seek out people who speak out against me, and this really isn't a good feeling and I really don't think there is any good intentions behind this. I really think that the rule regarding "only post if you're involved" rule is being stretched here as Shev has been involved in none of these incidents and is actively trying to find users to post about them, but honestly I'm somewhat fine with that because it allows witnesses to report misconduct on other player's behalf, so I can't really complain too much about it. But then again, there are a few people who posted about me being a shitter who weren't involved in any of the incidents, but then again, given the extremely "overall, burger is bad" post I suppose that fits in, so I haven't really reported any posts. Then again, I don't think it's really that fair because no one else can go in this thread and post good things (if any) about me because they'd get banned for being off-topic.

Burger, you are flat out wrong on several accounts.

12 hours ago, BurgerBB said:

The reason why the ban request was created in the first place

- Was because you were accusing people, of OOC sexual harassment/'deviancy', in addition to the recent month and a half of crap that several other community members and staff have to put up with in regards to you. Despite that nothing in the air showed that accounted for said sexual harassment or 'deviancy'. Such claims are extremely damaging regardless of whether they're true or not. I think I have the right to take issue with someone spreading incorrect information about a peer here. Not to mention whatever was your conversation with Lupo when you attempted to get Marlon/Lupo both in trouble for not taking the video game as seriously as you do when playing engineering.

Shev saw it, and got really upset and made a heated reply despite my post not really being offensive. They said some really aggressive things, but I can't remember specifically what they said since the post itself was either deleted by an admin or deleted by themselves. The comment itself was really out of place and had a lot of emotion put into it. 40 minutes later after they made the post, they submitted this ban request here despite me not interacting with them.

Citation/proof needed. I made no such heated reply. I made a rather long post and decided it was too long, decided to cut it to brevity in an edit. Further, if you can't remember specifically what was said in relations to content, how do you know exactly what the tone involved was? It strikes me as a bit strange to not recall content of a post yet characterize its tone as hostile.

Given their remarks about how they have psychologist experience and claiming they like to analyze people, and the fact that literally the exact same thing prompted a heated ban request, it is extremely hard to ignore the possibility that they're abusing the system. As a person who has been warned on the forums for this kind of claims before, you only do this if you have some issues with the person you're talking about.

I was a student for about a year (so, close, but still wrong) until I realized the tuition I'd have to pay would be financial and literal suicide. As for the rest, I've genuinely no idea where you decided to invent this characterization of me.

And this is just rumor/conjecture at this point, but it was brought to my attention a few days ago that Shev is trying to find users to post inside here or share stories with him about me, according to another very concerned user who does not wish to be named.

You're using rumor/conjecture for a defense in a ban request. Okay, please don't do this.

I have made this request because you do not seem to act on a good faith basis - or rather that you do not seem to put your best forward when trying to address issues, which ends up leading to very frustrating conversations that should not have ended the way they did. I can only speak for what others have told me in this thread and out of the thread; You do not seem to act in an appropriate way, you do not seem to speak with others in an appropriate way, it is in general difficult to de-escalate you to calm down. When a staff member tells you, "It's not that serious, don't get too worked up over this, this is just confusing and it is okay to be confused", you end up writing several paragraphs in response. And this isn't about me or what anyone else does, the question is particularly focused to how you contribute to the social gaffs. 

I feel very bad about how I treated you in the past, however, as there were certainly other things that I did wrong in treating you with courtesy. If I had a time machine - simplified: It would've been different, and I would've been far more responsible, understanding and mature with you. I had left you alone for a long while because I thought there would be no trust between us, and that things would be better if you were left alone. You were left alone and you did pretty well, but this last month or so has not been particularly great. But you're counter-attacking right now, probably for good reason as you really do not want to be removed from the game space. Which is why I want to change my mind on a couple things, based off these facts:

1. You do not grief on the main server.
2. You do not metagrudge on the main server.
3. You roleplay perfectly well on the main server.
4. You play the assigned jobs pretty well without making the experience of antags really bad.

I'd far prefer you be forum banned over being community-wide banned, at this point. Someone spoke to me about this issue and they convinced me to think differently, since you do not actually screw around in-game in matters of roleplay. Your IC conduct is fine, your OOC conduct leaves a lot to be desired. I apologize for putting you on the defensive by requesting the community-wide ban. It was clearly too drastic.

Edited by Scheveningen
spelling

Lets keep this short.

I was accusing characters of sexual harrassment, not players. I was saying their characters were engaging in sexual harassment that were making me and other users uncomfortable. For the most part I didn't mention most names, I was just saying "this is happening in the community and it needs to stop." because I would've made a player complaint if I had an actual case fro someone sexually harassing me. I had proof that people were doing this, players had proof that people were doing this. The thing that was argued in the thread was intent which is why staff picked the solution of just reminding players "hey don't roleplay too hard." and made that announcement. I'm pretty sure I made this very clear because I repeated myself like 5 times when saying all this.

As for the post you made, it was super aggressive to the point that it was actually deleted by staff. I remember now that it included the terms "Stop posting." and "You're full of bullshit." and was 3 sentences or less. I know it was deleted by staff because I now remember that I asked you nicely to please treat me with more respect and that post was deleted by someone other than me. I didn't get a warning for it, and given my experience of the forums with asking people to please not be rude, I know that posts in response to rule breaking replies are also deleted. Unless I'm having a fever dream, or somehow your post wasn't bad yet you convinced staff to delete it anyways, I'm pretty sure you said some bad things.

Your characterization is not an invention. I recall you straight up saying to me that you like to analyze people and you even gave an unsolicited analysis of me. I believe that this was discussed in one of my player complaints about you and the reason why I didn't think you had good intentions when dealing with people.

And also now that concerned user has been upgraded to very concerned because he now actually pointed out that you literally asked for people to come forward with examples in the first part of your second post that neither of us read somehow.

image.thumb.png.fa50642837b55fa79aca4e93fc292b3e.png

I act on a good faith basis. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong and I'm going to make that claim until the day I die. As you pointed out, I have no issues with my roleplay, I don't metagrudge, I don't grief or intentionally rile people up, and I don't disrupt the round and go out of my way to improve it. I've contributed to the server for 2 years, even became a dev, but resigned because I didn't have the fortitude to deal with it and it was clear that no one liked my ideas.

If I was acting on a bad faith basis I would be posting a play by play on reddit. They'd eat the fuck up out of proof out of this because to them it's "furries are trying to molest players on an HRP server and staff justify it" considering their response to furries. I wouldn't get banned for it either because I've been told countless time that conduct on reddit doesn't matter to them considering that I've had to deal with you on reddit several times where you made posts on reddit that would've gotten you banned on the forums. If I was acting in bad faith, on all my staff complaints I would be going "BAN HE", but instead the closest thing to it is "Hey can you look into this situation, I think it breaks rule X and isn't appropriate for this server."

My only issue is that I give a shit. Given a shit about something, in the 21st century, is now mistaken as having bad intentions so I somewhat understand it despite myself rarely having this mindset. Then again, I have the opinion that most people who tell me to stop giving a shit about issues on the server are involved in causing issues to the server so I don't know if I have the best opinions, but I digress.

My intentions are good. My executions are usually poor. If I wanted AuroraStation to crash and burn, I wouldn't be bringing up issues and instead smiling when people complain. Like I don't mean to brag, but many of the issues that I have brought up in the past are currently being brought up now so that probably means something.

This was what was posted. I was not aware it was deleted until now.

That is absolutely not true. You know the rules are designed to be stretched for worst-case scenario and cover cases where people are made oocly uncomfortable. Sexual tension is not the same as literal, unsolicited and unwanted sexual harassment. You are full of crap, Burger. Stop posting.

I stand by what I said. It is a disservice to harassment victims to compare the two things, as it diminishes the impact of said harassment to bring it up in a situation where it did not happen in OOC. It is wrong to make that comparison.

I don't know who this concerned user is, and I do not care at this rate. I will not trust the claim that you speak for someone else, and even if they do exist it is an extremely underhanded way to have a conversation through proxies. Some other people in this forum have already done this, and it is a bad faith attempt to refer to someone as an additional 'concerned individual' who will not identify themselves or make their fair say. I do not engage in 'rat hunts'. I will not blame them for speaking up against me, but I cannot possibly imagine who this 'mysterious concerned individual' is, so I will call your bluff here, respectfully.

Edited by Scheveningen
44 minutes ago, BurgerBB said:

My intentions are good. My executions are usually poor. If I wanted AuroraStation to crash and burn, I wouldn't be bringing up issues and instead smiling when people complain. Like I don't mean to brag, but many of the issues that I have brought up in the past are currently being brought up now so that probably means something.

I do not think good intentions are enough. You are not a bad person, Burger, in fact you are at your core a good person. It is nonetheless frustrating to see things turn out the way they do. 

18 minutes ago, Scheveningen said:

This was what was posted. I was not aware it was deleted until now.

I stand by what I said. It is a disservice to harassment victims to compare the two things, as it diminishes the impact of said harassment to bring it up in a situation where it did not happen in OOC. It is wrong to make that comparison.

I don't know who this concerned user is, and I do not care at this rate. I will not trust the claim that you speak for someone else, and even if they do exist it is an extremely underhanded way to have a conversation through proxies. Some other people in this forum have already done this, and it is a bad faith attempt to refer to someone as an additional 'concerned individual' who will not identify themselves or make their fair say. I do not engage in 'rat hunts'. I will not blame them for speaking up against me, but I cannot possibly imagine who this 'mysterious concerned individual' is, so I will call your bluff here, respectfully.

Don't gatekeep sexual harassment, please. While someone getting sexually harassed in real life is worse than getting sexually harassed online, they're still both bad and are both valid issues to bring up. The rules state that sexual tension is fine, and remarks from acts from sexual tension can and usually is considered sexual harassment, which I pointed out. And also, I don't know if you know this, but there was sexual harassment that occured in OOC channels that was brought ICly.

As for the concerned individual, they never spoke up against you before. They're more concerned about me than you. They didn't go "shev is being a shit, watch out" they're going "hey, if you need anyone to talk to, talk to me." and "hey, the person who made the ban request is looking for additional people for them to post in the complaint, so prepared to deal with some stuff."

And I think that I was right all along about the reason why this thread was made. Given your extremely improved tone from the OP to you posting like 3 days later or whenever this request was created, I think you've cooled off now and you're acting more reasonable now. But even then, I don't even know what to say to this thread anymore. You made a ban request where the guidelines for a ban request is

Ban requests are ONLY for reporting outright grief that occurred when admins were not online to handle it, or extremely serious cases that are not suited for a player/character complaint. Examples: Phoron griefing for the former. Violation of laws such as distributing illegal content for the latter.

And a good chunk of the incidents that you and other users brought up were already dealt with, which the guidelines talks about.

If the infractions described in the ban request have already been dealt with by a staff member, a ban request will not change the outcome of this. If you feel that the outcome was unjust, you are encouraged to post in the Staff Complaints section of the forums.

You also talked about how staff were unable to deal with me despite me, 2 days ago, getting a forum ban for 24 hours when I said in humor that the only reason why ninja hasn't been improved is because we're here just to suffer. I get bwoinked for things. I get notes for things. Staff deal with me when they think I need to be dealt with. Staff aren't avoiding me because I make staff complaints because I was told that admins/mods/whatever are supposed to know that staff complaints don't mean "They're a bad staff member." but rather "Hey, I want to appeal this decision."

I think that you think that I appeal every single decision that comes my way. I don't. I think you think that I am constantly complaining or wine about shit or accidentally provoke users. I don't. The beauty with the forums is that no one posts about the times where people behave because that behavior is the expectations. Given how you've been involved in none of the situations that you reported, and the fact that you only did your searching AFTER you decided to make a ban request, you kind of made the accusation before you found your evidence. I want you to think about that.

And I want you to think about that I help new players frequently and that I contribute to the server semi-frequently. You don't hear about that because never in the history of Aurora has anyone gone on the forums to praise about how player has helped or that someone did good work because people don't care enough to do that. If you look on the forums, there is only a handful of incidents where people have praised people's characters or the work they do. Even in a section about character feedback, people barely post there despite some characters interacting with upwards of 50 different characters per week.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
Just now, BurgerBB said:

Don't be gross. harrassment online is bad just like harrassment irl. The issue with burger is that it hasn't happened as he is claiming, not that its invalid.

35 minutes ago, BurgerBB said:

I think that you think that I appeal every single decision that comes my way. I don't. I think you think that I am constantly complaining or wine about shit or accidentally provoke users. I don't. The beauty with the forums is that no one posts about the times where people behave because that behavior is the expectations. Given how you've been involved in none of the situations that you reported, and the fact that you only did your searching AFTER you decided to make a ban request, you kind of made the accusation before you found your evidence. I want you to think about that.

No, you're right. This ban request was made on an invalid premise and I didn't realize it until now. I apologize.

• Faris locked this topic