Add more "crawl spaces" to the construction z level

Zundy

By "crawl spaces" I mean this:

image.png.b93d08f8f6550336aef57ec6ab755300.png

I really like the way the look and their potential for shenanigans. Sadly there's only a handful and they're not all that useful for any ceiling goblins/antags. Adding more across the Z level would be great. Didn't add this to the "minor mapping suggestions" as it seems like a much bigger deal. I can move it there though if need be.

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Carver said:

I only hesitate knowing they might be used for some really cheesy, near-uncounterable combat strategies due to how z-levels don't work.

That could be counteracted by separating multiple sections of the rafters with maint access doors/reinforced walls, and limit the number of locations you can use to travel up and down the Z-levels without a ladder or jetpack. The goblin rafters should only extend over specific departmental lobbies(if at all), customer areas of service departments, and the primary halls. The rafters themselves should be skeletal, very linear, and easy to dismantle like the ones pictured in in OP, and there should be very little or no maint loot up there. If a secman catches you on the rafters, you'll be out in the open unless you're close to the airlock, build yourself some ground to work with, or able to leap onto the lower Z level safely.

I could even see the rafters being useful for departments that are not directly involved in the antag cat and mouse game. As a cargo technician, I've delivered crucial supplies to medical via the rafters in the OP's pic during the finale of the last Tajaran lore arc we had. EMT's could use the rafters to get to people separated by hazards or atmos related obstuctions. Engineering can use the rafters to quickly get into breached parts of the station, or even lay additional vents and scrubbers up in the rafters to make refilling areas easier.

20 hours ago, Boggle08 said:

That could be counteracted by separating multiple sections of the rafters with maint access doors/reinforced walls, and limit the number of locations you can use to travel up and down the Z-levels without a ladder or jetpack. The goblin rafters should only extend over specific departmental lobbies(if at all), customer areas of service departments, and the primary halls. The rafters themselves should be skeletal, very linear, and easy to dismantle like the ones pictured in in OP, and there should be very little or no maint loot up there. If a secman catches you on the rafters, you'll be out in the open unless you're close to the airlock, build yourself some ground to work with, or able to leap onto the lower Z level safely.

I could even see the rafters being useful for departments that are not directly involved in the antag cat and mouse game. As a cargo technician, I've delivered crucial supplies to medical via the rafters in the OP's pic during the finale of the last Tajaran lore arc we had. EMT's could use the rafters to get to people separated by hazards or atmos related obstuctions. Engineering can use the rafters to quickly get into breached parts of the station, or even lay additional vents and scrubbers up in the rafters to make refilling areas easier.

Primary Halls is all you need to dominate a crew and make them completely unable to travel without maintenance access.. which they don't have.

• Gem locked this topic