Stobarico's Head of Staff Application

BYOND key: Stobarico

Character names: Rim Soo-Min, Yumi Yamato, Sergio Stone, Anne-Marie Leouncour, Erika Hoffmann, INI-2222

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: 6 months or so? Not really sure

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I usually play command roles on other stations and i rather enjoy it.

Why did you come to Aurora?: I was searching for a HRP server (Since i mostly played CM) and found Aurora and Bay

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? I was ahelped once about calling out a cortical borer, but that's it. (At the time i didn't know borers were unknown to the public)

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay in my opinion should be about "playing" a different person to the best of your abilities, doing your best to play up the character like it was a real person instead of the usual "it's just a game".

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Mainly, coordinate their respective departments and act as the most competent member of said departments.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Their role is pretty much of a Head of Staff, with the caveat that they should also play characters that can either be responsible enough to coordinate their departments or characters that add something interesting to the setting.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career? Tau Ceti is the base of operations of Nanotrasen and one of the few sources of Phoron, a resource recently discovered by Nanotrasen. It depends on the character in question. My two main characters (Soo-Min and Stone) are the most developed ones.

Rim Soo-Min hails from Konyang, and as an employee of Zavodskoi, is assigned to the station for weapon research related to phoron.

Sergio Stone hails from Earth, working as a Sol Gov guard on London for the early parts of his life, but once he gets settled with his wife and kids, he gets tight on money, and accepts Nanotrasen's proposal to work at the Aurora Station.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? Captain, Research Director, Corporate Liaison.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.: Sergio Stone (Captain), Rim Soo-Min (RD), Erika Hoffmann (Hephaestus Liaison)

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I'd rate it to be good to very good, i've been playing SS13 for 6 years or so, and TTRPGs for 4 years.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yes

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? With the ones i wish to play, i have. I have an interest in creating a CE, but firstly i'd have to play an Engineer to make sure i'm competent enough (I'm familiar with SS13 engineering, but i am not sure about Aurora's engineering.)

Extra notes:

Edited by stobarico
Added my new borg/AI
On 03/09/2020 at 15:08, stobarico said:

Rim Soo-Min hails from Konyang, and as an employee of Zavodskoi, is assigned to the station for weapon research related to phoron.

Are you aware that contractors can't be heads of staff?

On 03/09/2020 at 15:08, stobarico said:

Erika Hoffmann (Hephaestus Liaison)

Isn't this character a merchant?

Also, can you expand on the current events on tau ceti/the setting a bit more?

2 hours ago, Alberyk said:

Are you aware that contractors can't be heads of staff?

I am. Soo-Min would take a contract for NanoTrasen, offered due to her achievements on the Aurora.

Isn't this character a merchant?

She is, Hoffmann however has always had a lot of involvement with Hephaestus (Due to their meddling in Elyra) and has even worked with them before when she was young. As piracy and the chaos in the sector increases due to the phoron shortage, she would decide to apply for a position within Hephaestus for a more stable career.

Also, can you expand on the current events on tau ceti/the setting a bit more?

As said before, Tau Ceti is one of the few factions with phoron in their boarders, they are an independant system in the core of the human space and NanoTrasen has a lot of ties with their government (The Republic of Biesel). They are currently one of the most populated and financially prosperous systems in the galaxy, however, the Republic remains unstable due to unrest and its agressive neighbouring "wounded giant", the Sol Alliance. The Aurora station (A high tech, and the second most important NanoTrasen station, losing to the NSS Upsilon)  is a somewhat recent addition to the system, and so is the Odin (NanoTrasen's Central Command). And recently, a galactic-wide phoron shortage has been making everything worse.

Edited by stobarico
Added the phoron crysis from the recent canon events

image.png.65b00873cbed1c54f99df84f1f587623.png

You would never, ever, ever say this as openly as you did, sitting in the lobby of your office, talking to an NT employee. This is a foolish thing for a liaison to say or do out in the open for just anyone to see, not to mention getting attitude with the Captain for telling you not to say such things in the future. You would be absolutely stomped by NT and Hephaestus, who I believe you were representing, for doing something as stupid as this. Massive -1 from me.

19 hours ago, Hepatica said:

image.png.65b00873cbed1c54f99df84f1f587623.png

You would never, ever, ever say this as openly as you did, sitting in the lobby of your office, talking to an NT employee. This is a foolish thing for a liaison to say or do out in the open for just anyone to see, not to mention getting attitude with the Captain for telling you not to say such things in the future. You would be absolutely stomped by NT and Hephaestus, who I believe you were representing, for doing something as stupid as this. Massive -1 from me.

Erika Hoffmann is Opposed to NanoTrasen (As you could see in her records), not to mention you heard she talk from behind a window, behind a closed airlock. She was talking with a friend who also expressed anti-NanoTrasen feelings, openning herself up to her. She's going through a whole character arc right now, involving her character going out of being an Independant Merchant to a Representative.

On 15/09/2020 at 13:25, stobarico said:

Erika Hoffmann is Opposed to NanoTrasen (As you could see in her records), not to mention you heard she talk from behind a window, behind a closed airlock. She was talking with a friend who also expressed anti-NanoTrasen feelings, openning herself up to her. She's going through a whole character arc right now, involving her character going out of being an Independant Merchant to a Representative.

I'm a little confused as to what Hoffmann is meant to be, as I've seen her as both a Hephaestus liaison and a consular officer. Could you clarify this?

Interacting with your RD was a fun experience, I played a couple of rounds where I interacted with you and one with a massive clusterfuck of an excursion. I wanna +1 BUT, I do feel like you need to be able to grasp situations by the balls more, as a head you have the power over normal crew members and I wish you used that. But that's what this trial is for, I believe you have potential as a head and I wanna see you meet that, this gets a 0 from me, but if I see something while I'm observing or playing a Chet I'll definitely do a +1

1 hour ago, NewOriginalSchwann said:

I'm a little confused as to what Hoffmann is meant to be, as I've seen her as both a Hephaestus liaison and a consular officer. Could you clarify this?

She initially had applied for Hephaestus after the story above, but was incredibly disappointed after she discovered they were going to use her to spy on NanoTrasen (Actually happened on the round). She was attempting to get a double citizenship with Biesel (She's from Elyra) for some time, however, she was able to push her way due to that intel she got on Hephaestus, and was hired as a Trainee Consular Officer due to her experience in negotiation and for diplomatic protection.

1 minute ago, Menown said:

I'd highly recommend you read up on the legal ramifications and SOP regarding post-mortems, as randomly borging dead people is a very bad thing to do, canonically.

I'm aware, Soo-Min didn't randomly MMI the brain, she was trying to keep it on life support to see if medbay could do something about it, as the brain was exposed and with no oxygen, considering it came out of the guy's head

Right, but in order to do so you effectively lobotomized it, thus ruining the brain for anything outside cyborgification. It'd be better to just put it on ice in an organ cooler until it can be handled.

I encountered Stobarico's characters on Baystation, especially Sergio Stone- and I personally did not care much for him as a member of command. Generally speaking, I was not particularly pleased with how the character acted. When I initially saw this application I opted to give them the benefit of the doubt- but having observed him play throughout his trial period I do not believe that his characters are the right fit for Aurora command staff at this time. -1 from me.

My only interaction with their characters was Sergio Stone screaming in sec comms about the authentication terminal, as a detective, somehow knowing the nuke exists.  It's not a bad thing in of itself to be new, but I do worry given everything else. Not a plus or minus one given you have the trial and it would be cruel to say something when I've not been playing much recently, but perhaps something for others to look out for.

I am going to have to deny your application for now. Probably because of all the negative feedback and from stuff I have observed that matches it. While that does not means you are a bad player, I feel that you just need to be around for a while, pretty much all of this stuff is very common with new players so there is no real malice in this behavior.