NBT Uniform Feedback

Alberyk

I don't like the Investigator uniform. I can see what it was going for, a rugged double-breasted coat with a belt tie, but I don't think it works. It hangs weirdly low and the details muddle together. My opinion, give Investigator something more semi-formal, or perhaps a CSI-esque jacket instead of a big coat.

Hangar Techs wearing shorts is silly.

I think First Responder needs something to stand out more, to be more recognizable as an EMT. It doesn't really look like one.

I'm concerned the different companies in Security have such different color palettes that recognizing all of them as Security will be difficult, mashing them all together is going to look very inconsistent. Same for Engineering but to a lesser extent.

This is a minor gripe but I feel like the learner roles (security cadet, engineering apprentice, medical intern, lab assistant) all look too similar to the main roles. It's hard to distinguish them at a glance.

The CMO base uniform looks kind of basic. I fear it might be easily confused with the Bridge Crew during more hectic situations. Although I'm guessing the CMO Coats would help distinguish them better.

For the rest of Medical, I'd recommend tweaking the Medical Intern since besides the front and side chest details, they could be confused with the Physician. Maybe remove the green bits from it and tweak the First Responder's uniform so those two don't end up looking similar, probably either giving something more distinct for the FRs or a bright highlight/high-vis like stripes for them.

Final, very nit-picky remarks are the left having EPMC Pharmacist and Psych sprites having the Physician's + on their chest, and the Zeng-Hu's supposed emblem on their chest being so similar to the base color it's really, really hard to notice unless you specifically look for it.

Other than that, it looks pretty solid for me.

2 hours ago, CampinKiller said:

So the Head of Security uniform can't have it's sleeves rolled up. Would be a lot cooler if it were able to. Don't know if that's a bug or a sprite thing though

None of the uniforms have a rolled up variant. We need to finalize the actual uniform before we do sleeves/rolled down versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Having played some round as a PMC Security Officer, I couldn't help but notice the uniform overall carries this gray filter that makes it look, I don't know...bland. The dark gray pants, when paired with the average black boots/gloves, looks really weird and nearly blend in with the background, like this:

594254803_UniformFeedback.thumb.png.b1f8139b23fe5a63ab9d083d822e8873.png

In my opinion? Replace the dark gray on the pants with the old EPMC black, and KEEP THE HIGHLIGHTS. I love those.

• 3 weeks later...

The PMCG's colour scheme has been making it pretty hard to pair up accessories and some suit-slot items for me. The baby blue doesn't have a lot of good complementary colours and it also looks washed out. Idris and Zavod pop a lot more.

I don't really have much in the way of suggestion for a change though as this is not my strong point. That said, I think the current EPMC uniforms hit the right mark with their colour scheme and the professional merc feel.

Edited by WickedCybs
  • 1 month later...