Add Ninja to Secret

What it says on the tin. Ninja is played way to few times. we /NEED/ ninja because it is one of the best gamemodes and actually is a shitload of more fun then Nuke. if done right.

Minimum player ammount for Ninja is 5 players. I'd say we add it to secret rotation with 10 players on ready.

The problem is, Ninja is one of the hardest antagonists and also one of the easiest to cause a lot of damage with. It's immensely powerful and it's really easy to robust the entire station without even killing anyone.

Imagine how quickly they can put the station on their fucking knees when they start killing people for real.

This is kind of why I'm against putting ninja on the secret rotation. It demands a lot of macro and micromanagement, and it's extremely destructive in the wrong hands. If it's added to the secret rotation, people will begin to loathe the game mode because of how fucking broken ninjas are due to their invisibility, high mobility, instant stuns, and being ridiculously good at melee combat.

Nope, nope, nope. Ninjas have instant amounts of power, rivalling that of a bloody wizard.

Yeah, I've gotta agree with 1138 on this. Wizard is bad enough to encounter on Secret rotations, Ninja would just be miserable. A five player minimum is also way too low. Yeah, Ninja isn't reliant on a lot of players to get going, but five players just aren't going to be able to cope with the presence of a Ninja.

The only experience I have with ninja is the round where Sue became a ninja.

We sat in Teamspeak and giggled violently as she went around the station pushing people over, and screaming SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKY.

I want this in secret.

Maybe it would be good... IF YOU WEREN'T FILTHY HARDCORE ROLEPLAYER POWERGAMERS.

Look, you can do anything awesome and fun with any gamemode, you just need to be willing to lose. Running around pushing people and shouting SPOOOOOKY is great.

Running around with a katana pretending to be raiden is cool.

Killing everyone and afking is shit.

With a little bit of management, creativity and release this can be an excellent gamemode. Throw it into secret and see where it goes.

It really shouldn't be put into secret until the stealth mode on the suit is reduced in power. Right now a ninja, if properly played, can be literally unbeatable. On par with how malf AIs were back when they could APC hop during delta.

I'd like to see the gamemode more often too. I don't know much about it, but if people think it's due for a nerf, it would be great to give it a nerf and add it to the secret rotation.

The biggest issue is that the ninja can attack while in stealth, which lasts a very long time, and be completely free of any retaliation.

I feel the gear/abilities/mechanics of the ninja antagonist need quite a bit of tweaking before generalizing it in a Secret RNG roll should even be considered.

Well, if people actually take time to tweak it in a nice update (along with newer sprites or whatever needs updating), it'd probably get voted a few times as a tryout.

If people like it enough after that it could be added to the secret rotation.

Of course, all of our devs are already hella busy, so that's unlikely to happen.

No. It's bad.

It's not even generally considered decent, you people just haven't tasted it when it was in rotation. Because of how bad it was. You see people who think the same about Meme. Think it's so fun, so much RP. It wasn't. It was a mode which caused suicides all over the place.

Ninja is so potent that it's more threatening then Changelings, because invisibility whilst fighting makes you nearly invincible. Even as a non-killing ninja, there is no retaliation for the crew to take, beyond crying as any RP is thrown out for "Spooky scary Ninja" round.

You people. Stop it. Stop thinking these modes that were ditched have value. We ditched them because they were functionally broken, and no one wants to take the time to fix/balance them.

I don't think people remember why this mode wasn't designed to be balanced. The antagonist was made specifically with admin-only/event shenanigans in mind.

The only reason it has a mode is because Bay wanted to make use of the antagonist and the idea seemed fun, so it's generally not designed for balance so much as them just tossing the antagonist into it's own mode without much thought. Teleport gibbing was already nerfed before it had it's own mode implemented, so aside from slight ability power cost tweaks, it has /never/ been touched upon. The suit's medicinal reserves for Ninjas still ODs you from what I know.

I like ninja, and it's never voted in. Toss it in secret, see where it goes.

It's been voted in a lot, recently, by my count.

I'm against this. It's a one man op, with very little RP options, annoying and tedious for everyone who's not ninja.

Might as well make the extra step and remove wizard from rotation as well, because pretty much everyone agrees wizard is shit.

I like ninja, and it's never voted in. Toss it in secret, see where it goes.

It's been voted in a lot, recently, by my count.

I'm against this. It's a one man op, with very little RP options, annoying and tedious for everyone who's not ninja.

Might as well make the extra step and remove wizard from rotation as well, because pretty much everyone agrees wizard is shit.

Disagreeing with you on that, I like wizard.

I haven't seen Ninja very often, but when I do they are generally very, very powerful; I think putting them in secret at the moment would be a bad decision, they need a bit of tweaking.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I like Ninja and Wizard, please stop talking for everyone else. Start a poll before you throw out what "everyone" thinks. Also calm down it's literaly only game mode.

Anyway I think that if we are able to grab good ninja players we'll have good ninja rounds. It's true of any mode - though usually on deadhour, because slowly picking off the crew and fostering an atmosphere of terror is easier without 20 people being sassy in the general radio.

I like Ninja and Wizard, please stop talking for everyone else. Start a poll before you throw out what "everyone" thinks. Also calm down it's literaly only game mode.

Anyway I think that if we are able to grab good ninja players we'll have good ninja rounds. It's true of any mode - though usually on deadhour, because slowly picking off the crew and fostering an atmosphere of terror is easier without 20 people being sassy in the general radio.

You are now attempting to generalize that such things exist, Kekboot. Ninja doesn't work, because it wasn't ever intended to work in such ways, and you'd need to overhaul the entire system.

As someone who has seen multiple Ninja rounds, I can affirm that they never go well in my viewing. they usually end with a Ninja slowly picking off every Sec officer because they have no recourse except to die.

It's not as if it doesn't have merit, but it's a single person who can be invisible at will, attack whilst invisible, and possesses a instant super stun button. It's not even funny, because they can't really "lose" since they have constant thermals, armor (which cannot be removed, allowing them to not even be disarmed like a wizard) and magical powers.

Jackboot. Good ninjas are invincible. They do not die, they outrobust any opposing force because they think and predict every possible action security will undertake.

Bad ninjas are probably worse because they die instantly and the round's pretty much extended without any adminbus.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

That's great though. You can't just bucklecuff a ninja in perma and go to extended. And when the kek are you seeing ninja rounds? I've never seen an Aurora ninja round, I want it.