Coffee Machines (Not Vending)

Fortport

I think a more classic coffee machine would fit the setting more. You could put them everywhere and require a pot to be filled with water, maybe? It might work better than the coffee VENDING machines if we could get the cup and do it ourselves.

Anyway, I think every office should have one of these. Especially the command lounge, y'know? No more swiping a card just to get a cup of coffee. That's so greedy it hurts, considering how even hospitals give free coffee to their employees.

Edited by Guest

Just like the Ramen Noddles work.

• Find a kettle/beaker/box of a fancy powdered self-warming tea/coffee (in a liquid form, just coded like that for easy-functionality purposes).
  • Pour some into your little cup.
  • Fill it with water.
  • Wait for it to (see it instantly) warm up.
  • Drink.

Would need to sprite a new item, a tea/coffee box. Maybe also a little cup for the maximum pleasure of drinking. Two new chemicals, powdered tea/coffee that makes liquid tea/coffee after combining it with water. Also, liquid tea/coffee, of course.

Or something more advanced could be done, with kettle-heating and things.

The coffee machine would have a little hopper you put things in. Normally you would put in a coffee, chocolate or tea filter pack, which cargo can order or hydro could make. "Filter packs" are pills of "coffee grounds" "tea leaves" or "cocoa mix", each five units of a chemical which reacts 1+30 water to create 30 units of the beverage. Press the brew button. Water comes through the magical water pipes to add 150 units of water to the chemical pill in the hopper to create 150 units of the beverage. Presto, instant coffee/chocolate/tea.

HOWEVER.

You can also put other pills in the hopper, alongside or without a filter pack. When brewed, the chemicals in the pill go into the water (or beverage). This produces a camouflaged means of medicating or poisoning your co-workers. In addition, liquids can be added to the carafe directly as any other container. The carafe is 200 units large, so it can absorb some extra substance.

The coffee maker should have a little pop-up window.

Empty Hopper

Brew

The carafe is in position.

Remove Carafe

Emptying the hopper dumps the contents onto the tile, brewing combines the hopper with 150 water in the carafe, and removing the carafe puts it in your hand.

Putting a pill in the hopper spares you getting fingerprints on the carafe. The coffee maker will not tell you what's in the hopper, so people may wind up surprised if they don't check.

In theory you could load a hopper with all the ingredients for [REDACTED], just in dry pill form. When someone hits brew the machine adds water, the pills are liquified, chemicals react and a poor co-worker suffers.

Some limit to hopper size is needed to keep this from being carried away, perhaps 50 units total of pills.

Messing about, thinking of something alone the lines of cigarette cartons for tea and either a glass jar for liquid 'coffee powder' or a variation on the teabag box for coffee sachets.

These are half-arsed - I've got some work to do, but at the moment I'm thinking of a variation on the theme of the far right box.

3d0ee21b781423cfcbca4cc42578a23c.png

Aurora Tea Party when?

Messing about, thinking of something alone the lines of cigarette cartons for tea and either a glass jar for liquid 'coffee powder' or a variation on the teabag box for coffee sachets.

These are half-arsed - I've got some work to do, but at the moment I'm thinking of a variation on the theme of the far right box.

3d0ee21b781423cfcbca4cc42578a23c.png

Aurora Tea Party when?

"I'm not a spriter I swear"

"I'm not a spriter I swear"

Copypaste: "internals box.grey"

Copypaste: the grey colours used on it, in two rows

Edit: the hue and saturation of those colours to get the same colour only red

Copypaste: "duke_purple.tea"

steal purples from janitor jumpsuit and change the label

attempt to insert cup

uh oh this won't fit, fuck around with it until a smaller but ok-ish teacup is ready

adjust box to fit

this looks OK as a box of empty teacups but it doesn't really say "THIS IS WHERE THE TEABAGS LIVE, GIT YOU ONE"

open "firelock.OGOD"

copy sexy gold colours

add stripe to blank red box

how2fake up tiny text at this size uuuuh open cigarettecarton.cancer and internals box.420

It's shit-tier spriting - copypaste copypaste frankenstein some shit together and recolour.

Current state of the tea:

Box:

81447128c219f03cb949d855800b7357.png

Bag:

936f1c82db7937d4454c4e0050d972ad.png

They'd need to be special snowflake items; normal pills can't be added to empty beakers.

You might want to downsize those sprites. They look a bit large.

It's better than nothing. It's something, that's what counts. If it ever comes down to it, these could be used placeholder until they're improved or replaced if you feel bad about it.

That or they could just be used forever, and I doubt anyone would mind. I also think cups would fit better in a cabinet or space designated for them, instead of a cardboard box.

Cardboard boxes work well, or some other box-like container. Designating specific map-space for this inane item isn't really an efficient use of map. It'd bloat each room by at least one tile if its a machine, and adding cabinets and racks for your special mugs and 142 herbs and spices will just make the situation worse.

I'm not saying that map space needs to be added for the object. Think about it as if it functions the same as a box, but runs down as you remove cups until it's empty. It can be picked up and thrown around too, probably. I don't care too much if boxes are used, as long as the idea is considered.

The coffee machine already takes up space anyway, just swap it around to be like this. There is the machine itself, after all.

Just look at the water coolers. You have a water cooler and then the table next to it with its box of paper cups. Same thing, but with a real coffee machine and a manual process of brewing.

Rather than individual coffee servings, my thought with these pills was a communal coffee pot making three servings, enough to share but requiring frequent refilling. The packs also need to be mechanically pills; this ensures cross-compatibility with regular pills and the coffee machine for all that tatorific goodness. Thus, the machine itself needs to be the snowflake item, sort of a reverse pill-making machine.

So far as real estate is concerned, there are plenty of free tiles in department halls, some of which contain drink machines. My proposed machine could replace the hot drinks machine entirely within many departments, leaving the pay machines for the assistants and low-rent plebs who's department doesn't have a coffee budget.

Rather than individual coffee servings, my thought with these pills was a communal coffee pot making three servings, enough to share but requiring frequent refilling. The packs also need to be mechanically pills; this ensures cross-compatibility with regular pills and the coffee machine for all that tatorific goodness. Thus, the machine itself needs to be the snowflake item, sort of a reverse pill-making machine.

So far as real estate is concerned, there are plenty of free tiles in department halls, some of which contain drink machines. My proposed machine could replace the hot drinks machine entirely within many departments, leaving the pay machines for the assistants and low-rent plebs who's department doesn't have a coffee budget.

So a re-sprited grinder with different sounds? I'm...ok with this.