Which Faction Will You Fight For In The 2nd Antag Contest?

Guest Marlon Phoenix

<t>Who will your characters join in the antag contest?</t>  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I can't make polls anywhere else. Let's hold hands and pretend this is General.

The 2nd antag contest is going to be done mostly through mechanics, with players completing the objectives which are recorded down by the server itself. However, because we've never done this before, we don't know how equal the two sides will be. Currently the anti-synths have some advantages (two whitelisted species are hardwired to mistrust them) and if there is an overwhelming 90 to 1 score ratio for the contest we'd need to find a way to address this without being arbitrary or randomly doing it in the middle. That wouldn't be fair. Ideally the pro-synthetic factions have to dig their way out of a hole, but that's the foreshadowing and start of the race; not what we want the entire thing to be. Both sides should have roughly the same shot.

So answering this poll will really help us figure out how necessary some mechanics are, where to emphasize, and what to expect.

There's not an option for this, so I'm not able to post a vote. The role I play in this would depend on which of my characters gets antag during this event, as different characters have different opinions on synthetics and different loyalties. Samantha Black, for example, is an ATLAS supporter and a Sol Alliance citizen who recently transferred to Tau Ceti with NanoTrasen. Ariana Eshlian is afraid of synths after a bad encounter a long time ago. Ziva thinks they should be treated like any other sentient being. Then, I've got characters who, if antag, wouldn't care about the end-game so much as the potential pay-out.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Sierra, your option might then be one of the "mostly and sometimes".

Nanako, forum polls nearly always defy my expectation and other's expectation. It's why I like using them! This is similar to when the community got a borderline fascist party elected in a forum election. Blew me away. It's still early in the poll to tell however.

Dreamix, all I can do is ask you to trust that I am going to make this more nuanced. It's about the journey just as much as the destination. Even if the pro-synth faction wins it will not wipe away how they got their freedoms and how people respond to their new rights.

Shadow, you can still not like ipcs. Until Skull accepts my pull request I don't have the ability to directly implant thoughts into your brain. America's Reconstruction after the civil war didn't end prejudice and racism. I have no desire to turn Aurora into Polaris; we are an alternative to Polaris and Polaris is an alternative to us and I like that.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
Well it seems pretty even from here.

Are there lore pages for each faction that is going to par-take? If so, could you link them please ^^

Wiki pages for the 2nd contest haven't been made yet. I will have to rework them from when they were in the 1st antag contest. You can use those pages for reference for the specific agencies outside the small blurb they got in the announcement.

https://aurorastation.org/wiki/index.php?title=1st_Antag_Spy_Contest

Completly agree with Dreamix, my personal opinion about this, I don't need a "race" thats equal to humans in rights, etc. I want some racism going, don't need a hugbox server, show the TV heads where they belong.

There will always be 'racism' regardless of the state, this may only ensure that synths have basic rights. If you are THAT opposed to it, maybe stop sitting at the sidelines doing dank badmin memes and play the game.

How is the antag contest going to work anyways?

To my understanding from Jackboot's explanation somewhere, you roll Traitor/Merc/Pirate (Any of the non-weird antags) and you get a prompt or such asking if you'll participate in the antag contest, if you don't then it's gone and fine, if you do then you choose a faction, receive faction-objectives regarding synths, and you must go complete them.

Win, fail, or be a supper sekrit syndi agent'll affect how the faction stands in the contest, with in-game mechanics actually adjusting a whatsit to keep track.

Depending on how it ends up it's decided who wins after that.

I understand if you believe that you'll be able to pull off a good in-between in regards to building story elements off antagonist progression, but I'm mostly only seeing people be involved in this contest to see some level of change in regards to synthetic treatment or not. It would be for nothing if it wasn't to see an end result or resolution to their efforts, right?

So ultimately it is about as much as the destination as it is the journey. Other people will assign different priority to them, so that'll develop one way or another in terms of expectations. But I'm saying what you already know, so is there anything you could tell us in regards to your plan for making consequence for antagonist action satisfying enough for the players who put the work in for it?

I want to know when this contest will start. I really don't want to miss out on this synth shenanigangs. It looks to be very interesting.

My computer is still in the shop (cri) so I might have to look around for a laptop to borrow for this...I need a day D:

Contest 'ought to start today/tomorrow, that's when the update with the contest code has been said to hit I believe.*

*Unless coders fuck up.