[1 Dismissal] New chems?

Blue

<t>Should Blue be allowed to post ideas after midnight?</t>  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was thinking, maybe we could add a couple new drugs to the pharmacy. Of course, we have just about everything for *healing* purposes, but what about the aspiring traitor chemist/scientist? Would they prefer some new tools? Or maybe just a little something to get what they want...

Hypnozine: An RP drug; Having no physical affect on the person (maybe OD) except for little messages that say You suddenly feel very submissive..., which would make the unfortunate person injected with this concoction obey any order given to them. Want to get that assistant framed for breaking the window? Or beating up the officer? You can do this! Just sprinkle something in their donk pockets. Want to get the captain to hand over the spare ID? No can do. Loyalty implants would have a strong resistance to these drugs. If you were to attempt to use it against someone with an implant, at the most they'd feel a headache. And they'd be angry at you. (Perhaps a strong enough dosage overrides it?) I'd say this should be made of some more rare chems so that it isn't abused too much. Maybe require some carpotoxin and plasma, ground up minerals? And it has a short duration, maybe 1 or 2 seconds per unit ingested. Afterwards, you'd get a message saying You suddenly feel assertive!. Can be countered with Anti-toxin.

Deafenzine: I noticed that there's no chemicals that disable hearing, except maybe a loud enough bang. Something that when ingested, slowly causes the person to lose their hearing for a duration. Maybe use some uncommon ingredients as well.

Blinditoxin: At this point, you should realize I'm bad with names. We have Imidazoline which repairs eye trauma. Why not something that specifically damages your eyes? Making them fuzzy at 5 units and reducing your range of vision at 10 or more? Damages the eyes, so you'd need either surgery or medicines to heal it.

Silincian: Continuing the trend of bad names, this one would take a couple seconds to kick in, forcing the person to take a gasp, and then numbing their tongue and vocal chords, making it impossible for them to speak until it wears off (Maybe not *impossible*, maybe make them very very incoherent).

Hypozine: Opposite to hyperzine, this would cause the person to have their muscles stiffen up, making it harder for them to move and thus, slowing them down. Would be noticeable by the constant "X's arms and legs look tense" messages.

Painimine: Causes constant pain messages to the person, the larger the dosage the more potent. Could work wonders in a RP situation. Countered with any pain medicine.

Nightyscope (Hue): When ingested, causes the person to be able to see better in the dark. The more units one takes, the brighter it gets until at like maybe 15 units where it turns a pitch-black maintenance tunnel into a brightly lit hallway.

Illuminum: Like Nightyscope, except it's not a medicine. When the ingredients react, they form a ball of light that shines for a moment (Could blind if you're too close?).

This is what I have for now. Go ahead and add suggestions, or just completely criticize me because this is probably a bad idea. >.>

You suddenly feel very submissive...

There is actually a drug that sort of does that. It's called Scopolamine. It's a chemical that's extracted from a bunch of poisonous plants that can and will kill you if ingested normally. While it has applications in field of prescription medicine, that's only the extremely diluted versions of it. Extremely concentrated versions of the drug are manufactured by Columbian cartels. It's used by criminals to help them out with robberies, abductions, and sexual assaults. It's been used in the past by post-Soviet bloc countries to interrogate prisoners.

Basically, makes the person it's given to incapable of making their own decisions, and puts them in a trance-like state. Scary shit.

I want that ingame.

Doeet.

double want

especially the hypnozine and painimine so i can be more of an awful person

we could just go with latin names with the little medicine extensions, -zine, -imine, -ician etc

but if the name for painimine was some bizarre reference to clive barker's stuff i would dork out beyond comprehension

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, let's review assess and move forwards with this. Because having new chemicals is actually quite a nice way to expand options, in my opinion.

Hypnozine. Drugs like this exist in real life, so I would have no qualms with coding this in. I'll have a look at what I can do, and if I can make it a bit more advanced than just IC message spam. Albeit, I would not hold my breath for anything special, due to a few circumstances tied to administration. Oh, and it needs a new name, yes please.

Deafenzine & Blinditoxin & Painimine. Building a chemical that very oh-so-specifically goes after the visual or auditory nerves is a rather complex undertaking. Theoretically... (Read as: I might be speaking out me arse) There may exist a way of configuring the chemicals to only interact with substances that are related to the eyes or hearing. However, I would propose the following: roll these two into a singular drug that fucks over the central nervous system. Low levels cause muscle pains, higher levels will start damaging vision, hearing, movement and coordination.

Silincian. Not sure what to do with this one. I mean, a chemical which causes severe irritation of the slime-coated tissue it comes into contact with as it goes down your mouth?

Hypozine. I like this one -- muscle convulsions. A lot of pain, and a lot of inability to move.

Nightyscope & Illuminum. Umm, not a fan. The latter is just an odd concept, and despite there being illuminous compounds, without causing a fire (and a rapid dispersal of the chemical energy gained from the reaction) it wouldn't do much. Nightyscope, eh... Just don't like the premise, really.

Thoughts? Shall I pass these and run them into dev, or are there any other suggestions?

Hypnozine: Can do spammy message method in like two minutes. Didn't because not sure if it's a good thing to aaaadd. plus name.

Deaf/blind/pain: Rip potassiumsalt's snowflakey overdose code and we can also do that in like two minutes. This and hypozine sound like super-crypto though. Maybe it'll make crypto actually useable.

Concern: With anything that increases halloss, every increment of halloss makes the game check if you're over a hundred or not. And if you are over a hundred, it sets you down to 99 and then the chem shunts you over again. The problem with this is that chems, um. They constantly gradual-increase your pain levels. Once you're over 100, you are going to be passed out for a very, very, veeeerry long time. And every tick, people will be spammed with x slumps to the ground, too weak to blub messages. Like mutagen/radium and the deathcollapse spiral you fall into. Except with pain. Not sure if this is a good idea.

Silencechem: Should be simple? Not sure if want to doooo. A lot of poisonings cause muteness afterwards, actually.

Solution to the spam: implement a second timer that only sends a message if another hasn't been sent in a while, -or- requires you to go down reasonably before sending another message (to say, 95 or 90) instead of sending one with every tick going over 100?

For people being brought into paincrit, it's more of a game design issue than a coding one to be discussed firsthand?

That's just kinda' how halloss works right now. Once you go over 100, it drops to 99. Would take a little rewriting of halloss code. Could? Make the chem metabolize superfast after it knocks you out. But then we don't get the other fun stuff. Halloss knockouts just. They last for a while and they aren't very fun, and being permalocked in that is kind of dull.

Like oldchloral. Regardless of the spam, I'm not sure if it's something that should be encouraged or introduced?

• 2 years later...

Hmm... I was honestly going to reply to this without reading the dates. I eventually realized that most of these people aren't even here anymore. But honestly, I like all of these except that glowing drug stuff, if people are still interested in adding them. We can just put some Latin words in there and add some fancy endings. There ya go.

I was thinking, maybe we could add a couple new drugs to the pharmacy. Of course, we have just about everything for *healing* purposes, but what about the aspiring traitor chemist/scientist? Would they prefer some new tools? Or maybe just a little something to get what they want...

Hypnozine: An RP drug; Having no physical affect on the person (maybe OD) except for little messages that say You suddenly feel very submissive..., which would make the unfortunate person injected with this concoction obey any order given to them. Want to get that assistant framed for breaking the window? Or beating up the officer? You can do this! Just sprinkle something in their donk pockets. Want to get the captain to hand over the spare ID? No can do. Loyalty implants would have a strong resistance to these drugs. If you were to attempt to use it against someone with an implant, at the most they'd feel a headache. And they'd be angry at you. (Perhaps a strong enough dosage overrides it?) I'd say this should be made of some more rare chems so that it isn't abused too much. Maybe require some carpotoxin and plasma, ground up minerals? And it has a short duration, maybe 1 or 2 seconds per unit ingested. Afterwards, you'd get a message saying You suddenly feel assertive!. Can be countered with Anti-toxin.

Deafenzine: I noticed that there's no chemicals that disable hearing, except maybe a loud enough bang. Something that when ingested, slowly causes the person to lose their hearing for a duration. Maybe use some uncommon ingredients as well.

Blinditoxin: At this point, you should realize I'm bad with names. We have Imidazoline which repairs eye trauma. Why not something that specifically damages your eyes? Making them fuzzy at 5 units and reducing your range of vision at 10 or more? Damages the eyes, so you'd need either surgery or medicines to heal it.

Silincian: Continuing the trend of bad names, this one would take a couple seconds to kick in, forcing the person to take a gasp, and then numbing their tongue and vocal chords, making it impossible for them to speak until it wears off (Maybe not *impossible*, maybe make them very very incoherent).

Hypozine: Opposite to hyperzine, this would cause the person to have their muscles stiffen up, making it harder for them to move and thus, slowing them down. Would be noticeable by the constant "X's arms and legs look tense" messages.

Painimine: Causes constant pain messages to the person, the larger the dosage the more potent. Could work wonders in a RP situation. Countered with any pain medicine.

Nightyscope (Hue): When ingested, causes the person to be able to see better in the dark. The more units one takes, the brighter it gets until at like maybe 15 units where it turns a pitch-black maintenance tunnel into a brightly lit hallway.

Illuminum: Like Nightyscope, except it's not a medicine. When the ingredients react, they form a ball of light that shines for a moment (Could blind if you're too close?).

This is what I have for now. Go ahead and add suggestions, or just completely criticize me because this is probably a bad idea. >.>

Hmm... I was honestly going to reply to this without reading the dates. I eventually realized that most of these people aren't even here anymore. But honestly, I like all of these except that glowing drug stuff, if people are still interested in adding them. We can just put some Latin words in there and add some fancy endings. There ya go.

Ideas for better names:

Hypnozine- Servusium, from the Latin word "Servus", meaning "Slave". Makes sense, seeing as this drug is meant to eradicate free will.

Deafenizine-Surdusium.

Blinditoxin-Obscuratium.

Silincian-Silentium.

Hypozine-Adstatuamium, from Latin words "ad" and "Statuam". Roughly translates as "To a statue".

Painimine-Perterritum. Yes,I know that means "terrified" or "intimidated", but whatever.

Night Vision-Noxvidium

Illuminum- Lumium.

i think the mind control drug would prove a bit OP if it doesn't have a hard to acquire ingredient, maybe dusted gold(not that hard to get if you know what you're doing), because in bay, it's very very easy to get someone injected with drugs(harm intent syringe being the simplest)

i think the mind control drug would prove a bit OP if it doesn't have a hard to acquire ingredient, maybe dusted gold(not that hard to get if you know what you're doing), because in bay, it's very very easy to get someone injected with drugs(harm intent syringe being the simplest)

Perhaps make it something that can only be grown from a mutant plant, or a normal plant the access to which is restricted (Such as all reserves being controlled by the RD)? Being able to buy it from the tator uplink would also be a good idea. The drug would probably never be coded if it is going to have mechanical effects other than messages, or be a purely RP drug.

• 11 months later...
  • Gem locked this topic