Department Ceiling Catwalks

This is going to be a small and short suggestion.

I'd like to propose to add catwalks to each department ceilings (construction level Z) like how it's done for medical bay lobby. It can create a new breed of stealth for those people who wants to escape without getting caught or hide. Alternatively, it is another way for certain antagonists to gather and meet up if done right.

This is going to be a small and short suggestion.

I'd like to propose to add catwalks to each department ceilings (construction level Z) like how it's done for medical bay lobby. It can create a new breed of stealth for those people who wants to escape without getting caught or hide. Alternatively, it is another way for certain antagonists to gather and meet up if done right.

I was thinking of this very thing when I was in the Medical catwalk hiding, why isn't this everywhere? It has so much potential and added verticality. The more vertical we get, the better.

There's nothing connecting anything any of the lobbies short of the medical lobby due to its connection to the psych ward. Up or down leads to solid asteroid rock only, outside of the medical level.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

Contrast with medical, which only has catwalks above it for purely aesthetic purposes and not actually to support the ceiling or anything since the catwalk area can't be accessed without a jetpack or breaking windows.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

The overlook from the psych ward is not there for any other purpose than for aesthetic.

Is maintenance not good enough for hiding? Or build your own metal hut out in space or something.

It's impractical to add similar sunroof-like structures above the lobbies. Only people with jetpacks are going to make use of it.

Maybe if there's an actual maintenance route involved, with ladder rooms, maint tunnels, etc. but just random overarching catwalks for the sake of catwalks with nothing leading to them is just begging for any random that knows how to use a jetpack to wreck everyone

• 1 year later...
  • Gem locked this topic