[Accepted] SeniorScore's Human Deputy Lore Dev App

Ckey/BYOND Username:SeniorScore

Position Being Applied For (coder, mapper, spriter):Human Lore Deputy

Past Experiences/Knowledge:Worked in the position previously, and continue to work on lore elements outside of it.

Examples of Past Work:Cultural and Political History of Luna(https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Luna)

Lore for the Japan province of Earth(https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Earth_Provinces)

TURBO QUOIT

TURBO QUOIT:

Turbo Quoit is an old sport to this part of the galaxy, originating back in the 2370s, started mostly by bored spacers without much better to do, which quickly gained popularity throughout Sol Alliance and the Frontier. Its original concept was incredibly similiar to that of traditional quoit, which involved throwing rings or disks onto pegs, but usually done in low to zero-g enviroments, with a moving target. As the sport caught on additional elements were introduced, such as two oppossing teams trying to defend their own pegs while scoring on the other's. Before long holo-devices were introduced, and with it the goal of taking out enemy players from a round and scoring points for a team, by hitting them with the disc, without causing lasting harm from a generally high-speed disc slamming into them. In it's current form in the today, it has still maintained a high popularity throughout Sol Alliance, and even Tau Ceti. Arenas for Turbo Quoit matches can range from a typical holodeck to multi-level arenas, in specifically built stations (as gravity manipulation tends to be less of an issue with the lack of gravity). The game has a firm place in the minds of most humans throughout space, and corporations were quick to capitalize on this, Having entire leagues setup in a few years, broadcasting to multiple systems and frequently selling out entire station's worth of seating for the big games, also laden with advertisements for various corporation's products, between the sport's notorious down time between matches, even if injuries are rare from direct contact in the sport, it still proves to be fatiguing for most players, especially in the grander games.

Preferred Mode of Communication (Skype, Steam, etc.):Discord(SeniorScore)

Additional Comments: Humanity's vast emptiness beckons once more to me, and I want to stand forward and fill it. My hiatus from being able to have a more direct influence upon humanity's birth system and beyond has gone on long enough, I feel, and I'm eager to get back at it.

+1 because TURBO QUOIT is god-tier.

But no, really. Everything Senior talks about adding/adds/has added seems to be significantly focused on actually refining the lore, making it feel more lived-in, and leaving less up to guesswork as compared to just adding more and more space battles and new places etc etc. I think him being on the lore team would be an excellent step forward, and not only because he, too, wants to turn the station into a giant space mall.

Senior good, all others bad yada yada.

Let's go into the meaty stuff, the real basis of this, the questions:

One, what do you think is the purpose OF a faction or a planet? (Or at least what do you consider the most narrative important about a faction/planet?)

Would you consider the joint effort of a few individual working on lore better than just taking suggestions from random users?

What is your biggest gripe (temporary or not) with the human faction (or if you have none) with the other factions, what would you like to see changed?

Do you think we need more factions or would you consider the amount we have, "enough"?

One, what do you think is the purpose OF a faction or a planet? (Or at least what do you consider the most narrative important about a faction/planet?)

At it's core, a faction or a planet's purpose is a unified background to share and contrast with other characters both from and not from the faction/planet. It can also serve a narrative device but I am hesitant to say this after repeated attempts on this front to less than satisfactory results.

Would you consider the joint effort of a few individual working on lore better than just taking suggestions from random users?

¿Porque no los dos? But if you mean as opposed to random suggestions to just being added without too much thought in their cohesion, yes absolutely a few individuals working together if they were properly communicating over things they're working on.

What is your biggest gripe (temporary or not) with the human faction (or if you have none) with the other factions, what would you like to see changed?

Again, as a common thing with me, we have many things without substance. I desire to change that.

Do you think we need more factions or would you consider the amount we have, "enough"?

No, we have enough that needs to be worked on and fleshed out currently to consider before adding more bullshit.

¿Porque no los dos? But if you mean as opposed to random suggestions to just being added without too much thought in their cohesion, yes absolutely a few individuals working together if they were properly communicating over things they're working on.

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant is.

"Would you prefer the joint effort of a few individuals working on lore OR rather rely on user suggestions?"