Holographic Plants + more drink dispensers

for A Needlessly Large PR

https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/5882

Hi, Hollywood's ParadoxSpace here. I recently made a big-ass PR. This big-ass PR has a lot of things in it, and I'm not sure which one Arrow was asking me to make a feedback thread about, and he actually has a gun to my head right now, so I'll list them all here.

First things first, holographic plants.

holoplants.gif.000203ffa19f53010232c76678601c73.gif
Cyberplants are an Eris port. The actual plant can be changed by clicking on it (I tried my best to resprite all the vanilla potted plants.) These DO NOT FULLY REPLACE THE REGULAR POTTED PLANTS. LIVING PLANTS WILL STILL EXIST.  Cyberplants are their own, separate item than potted plants. The color of the plant can also be changed by walking over it, however, this will dim the plant gradually, so you will need to click it again to maintain full brightness. I have placed a few in choice locations across the station (to give off a more cyberpunk vibe, and to emphasize some areas that potted plants would not survive in, such as the dangers of engineering, and the unlivable hellscape staffed by the demons known as scientists.) I have also ported nanacode to make potted plants randomly spawn as cyberplants. This is a 20% chance. Again, living potted plants will still exist. They're pretty rare. Eventually, I can make them buildable, but this would be out of scope on an already M A S S I V E PR. Tune in next week. I have also added more potted plants in general to departments entirely free of greenery. Science still gets none.

Next, I have fixed the barsign. It is no longer visible from the backroom. You must go infront of it to change it. If you're opposed to this, I don't know what to tell you. In the place of the arcade machines, I have placed two cyberplants.

cyberplant.gif.6b9aba3eb7fffb35a7397a4394a55fa9.gif
cyberpunk 2460

Next, I have made plants layer over mobs.
I don't really have a screencap for it, just imagine your character hiding behind a potted plant. Really picture yourself among the fronds.

Lastly, I have generally increased the overall moisture level of the station. Two more water coolers have been added to the map.
O9r5B0p.png
One in the medical lobby,
xaxaAyj.png
One in Security.

A soda dispenser has also been added to Cargo, along with drinking glasses.
A secret beer keg has been added to Engineering.
6LhcyHL.png

A keg of Xuizi juice, for Unathi drinking, has been added to the bar.
TbNB6nS.png

I guess the filing cabinet in robotics was moved. Had to make room for a plant.
9uwrFZA.png

That about covers it. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Edited by Arrow768
Update the title to be more fitting
4 minutes ago, ParadoxSpace said:

The actual plant can be changed by clicking on it (I tried my best to resprite all the vanilla potted plants.) These DO NOT REPLACE THE REGULAR POTTED PLANTS.  Cyberplants are their own, separate item than potted plants.

This statement is incorrect, as cyberplants have currently a 20% chance to replace a standard plant

See here

I'm personally not a fan of the look of the holographic plants. They seem kind of busy and out-of-place. Walking over them to change the color seems meh and clicking on them to change the type seems like it would get in the way of, like, actions. I assume you can't hide things in the holoplants. Side note: do they satisfy the cargo bounty for potted plants?

Hiding behind plants kind of... doesn't make sense with the holographic plants. On its own, seems like it should definitely be a thing. Really cool, actually. But

Water coolers are good. No reason not to have nice water coolers in places.

Kegs, I mean. Sure. Though the bar doesn't have a lot of room for that xuixi keg and there's plenty of juice in the boozeomat already...

2 minutes ago, Conspiir said:

I'm personally not a fan of the look of the holographic plants. They seem kind of busy and out-of-place. Walking over them to change the color seems meh and clicking on them to change the type seems like it would get in the way of, like, actions. I assume you can't hide things in the holoplants. Side note: do they satisfy the cargo bounty for potted plants?

Hiding behind plants kind of... doesn't make sense with the holographic plants. On its own, seems like it should definitely be a thing. Really cool, actually. But

Water coolers are good. No reason not to have nice water coolers in places.

Kegs, I mean. Sure. Though the bar doesn't have a lot of room for that xuixi keg and there's plenty of juice in the boozeomat already...

Hiding behind holoplants does not work. Also no, you cannot put items in them. Additionally, as to bounties, no, as I'm pretty sure that's a Web Interface thing.

Edited by ParadoxSpace
29 minutes ago, ParadoxSpace said:

Additionally, as to bounties, no, as I'm pretty sure that's a Web Interface thing.

Bounties are not a wi setting -> They are configured in the codebase.

(In relation to cargo only suppliers, categories and items that can be ordered via cargo are configured in the DB)

• 2 weeks later...

I like the holographic plants. Nothing else bothers me either.

We go from "I bet this is what space'll be like" 1984 edition

to

"I mean these can exist NOW if we're into flickering plants" 2019.

It lets the bartender customize their bar a little more. Some bartenders have their own "bar" theme.

• 2 months later...
  • Gem locked this topic