Allow IPCs to speak more languages

Yonnimer

Slight add on from this post, to focus more on ipcs, rather then xenos species as a whole. 

Allow IPCs to speak SOL common.

Same reasons as stated in the original suggestion. The restriction on ipcs speaking it feels unneeded, as it restricts character ideas, and leaving not much of a reason why ipcs from sol don’t know it. Even if it is not the official language of ceti, Some IPCs would still likely know it, to better speak with their owners or other humans.

Depending on how loredevs feel about it, allowing ipcs to speak other xenos languages could be done as well, for similar reasons to sol. Although more restriction on this/not at all would make more sense then ipcs not knowing sol.

Edited by Yonnimer
Added a extra paragraph
On 20/05/2019 at 12:01, Zundy said:

I'm ok with the idea of IPCs being able to learn more languages (not just sol common) barring languages that utilise body language like Sinta'Azaziba.

Tail attachments, obvs

I think IPCs speaking verbal languages with the exception of Nral'Malic or whatever it's called is fine. Body language, as Zundy said, doesn't make much sense, unless we go the route of uguu cat girl shells with tail attachments, which I'm not opposed to

8 minutes ago, Pratepresidenten said:

Yaaas, give them all the fancy non-body languages! They dont even have vocal chords, no problem!

The languages should then also be given to stationbounds. We should either restrict IPCs from the languages stationbounds can't pronounce, or give stationbounds the other languages to speak as well.

Unless there is some reason stationbounds can't speak the languages that is different from an IPC.

3 minutes ago, Conspiir said:

The languages should then also be given to stationbounds. We should either restrict IPCs from the languages stationbounds can't pronounce, or give stationbounds the other languages to speak as well.

Unless there is some reason stationbounds can't speak the languages that is different from an IPC.

Service Cyborgs can speak all verbal languages.

• Gem locked this topic