[Accepted] Boggle08's Command Application.

BYOND key
Boggle08
Character names

Markos Rakt(Atmos Tech)
Horace Thratch(Phoron Researcher)
Riktor Skriggs(Shaft Miner)
R4-ND(Security Officer)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?
About half a year now.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?
I feel like I'm hitting an upper limit in engineering, and doing this is one thing I haven't tried yet. I also want more people to know how atmos works.

Why did you come to Aurora?
Wanted to try HRP. Now it's the only server I boot up.
Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?
Yes
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
I've been kicked for using the L-wurd, Warned for throwing around a singletank gas explosive around near red dock during transfer(never detonated), and got booted and warned for going afk 40 minutes as an atmos tech(real heavy IRL shit going on with that last one).
Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about
Creating a character in a story with no protagonists. Starting with a rough idea of what you want, fleshing it out, testing it, making adjustments, and improvising. It's a very entertaining way to exercise creativity.
What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?
If I had to summarize in three words, "get shit done". You train new comers, you ensure tasks are delegated and everyone is working efficiently, and in the case of something like a CE, you authorize station projects and make sure everything has air and power. Heads have a lot of clout too, and what they decide to do can drastically change the direction of where the round is going. It is their job to respond to situations, but it is also their job to generate something interesting for everyone else.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?
Having a whitelist for heads assists in maintaining a HRP environment, and it helps people understand their expectations going into the server. This is the kind of place where heads of staff will fire or suspend you for doing drugs, getting into fights, or doing extremely unsafe shit. Whitelisted people are passive, non-intrusive quality control.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
Tau Ceti broke off from the Sol Alliance, Their government is sponsored by NT, and there's a shit ton of Phoron in the system. Biesel is a hub that promises retaliative freedom, prosperity, and safety compared other locations and factions in the galaxy. The amount of control NT has over the government, the rapidly expanding population of foreigners, and the rights of IPC's remain contentious issues.

Rakt moved to Ceti for work and safety. Previously a spacer, the ship he worked aboard was destroyed by Vox raiders, killing most of the crew and leaving Rakt as a one-armed alcoholic wreck. He hitched it to Tau Ceti in order to find safer work, and found it on New Gibson's Blue Mesa facility. Fifteen years later, He's on the Aurora.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

CE, further down the line I'll try to make an RD out of Thratch and maybe a HoP.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.

Markos Rakt, for Chief Engineer.
How would you rate your own roleplaying?
Like, a 7/10.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yes.

Extra notes
I think I have more than enough knowledge to qualify for CE, but the character may need adjusting, or even a few background changes. No matter what happens, he will calm down so he can work a CE position in a reasonable manner.

I am eager for feedback, no matter what it is.

I've also played with rakt and chatted with him in engi discord. He's chill and knows what he's doing. I think rakt as a character needs some work though to be CEable. Right now for me, you're still most memorable as the crazy guy with the weird accent buried in atmospherics trying to create a supernova inside inflatables and I think you'd need to tone down the accent and be just a little bit more cleaned up/professional (as in, like, your flavor text I recall sounding pretty dirty/unkempt/alcoholic)

I also never realized rakt lost an arm. Heh.

Edit

I just had a pretty good round with rakt actually. The accent is still there but a little lesser it felt like, and he was more communicative and felt less buried-in-atmos.

Edited by Talkarcabbage
On 03/01/2020 at 21:13, Talkarcabbage said:

I think you'd need to tone down the accent and be just a little bit more cleaned up/professional (as in, like, your flavor text I recall sounding pretty dirty/unkempt/alcoholic)

I can make the accent come and go, and adjust coherency depending on circumstances. I may even have Rakt "force" proper basic when speaking with command staff or in dire circumstances.

As for professionalism, I suppose I can start by having Rakt wear an actual shirt to work. Maybe even a tie.

Sounds good. Have definitely seen him being well-involved the past week's rounds, and less uh... FIre chambery ? Some of the professionalism stuff's just my opinion of course, so you don't have to take it to heart too much. Accent is okay as long as it's intelligible/coherent, yeah. He's a cool character overall, I mainly wanted to mention my opinion of quirks that would look weird for someone being promoted to management staff.

So, [insert cheesy +1 text here]

Edited by Talkarcabbage

I've played one round with you, and ghosted you for two rounds. I'm pretty damn happy with you as CE, and think you'd do a good job as a full time Command Whitelist holder. You're pretty great at it. Good work.

I'll post here again if I see anything that piques my interest, but you've got my approval right now.

On 03/01/2020 at 20:13, Talkarcabbage said:

I think you'd need to tone down the accent and be just a little bit more cleaned up/professional (as in, like, your flavor text I recall sounding pretty dirty/unkempt/alcoholic)

I don't think this is a problem, at all, for CE. Not even Command. I play a very lax, heavily accented filthy mouth Captain and it's never caused problems.

On the same coin: Rakt for president. 2020. Love him so far as Chief. Listens to Command. Easy to get along with in his department. Knows his shit. Knows how to lead Engineering.

So far, the happiest trial I've had to deal with.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Markos Rakt is a treasure of engineering and you are always a good, positive person. I appreciate your roleplay and the attitude you bring. +1

Due to real life circumstances out of my control, I've been unable to handle it on time, though this had the good side effect of seeing more positive feedback.

Logs show you've played Rakt for 10 rounds as Chief Engineer and managed to get a substantial amount of positive feedback. None of the previous negative entries seem to have been an issue here.

Trial passed, application accepted.