[Passed]Shadow7889's Moderator Application: Part 2?

Basic Information

Byond Account: Shadow7889

Character Name(s): XR-2, Dean Stamos, Jarvi, Nathan Sloan, E-100, TSR-1

AI Name(s): NT-OS, R.E.M

Discord username + tag: Macabre#9959

Timezone: EST ( But I work third shift so it may as well be flipped over. )

When are you on Aurora?: Anywhere between 3pm and 7am. I'm a night auditor, so I work late hours and can be online during work. 

Experience I've staffed for both Hypatia server and Aurora server. Senormin on the former, Mod on the latter. 

How long have you played SS13?: I can't even remember that this point, at least.. six to seven years now.

How long have you played on Aurora: Around three to four years. I love this place. 

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: A heck of a lot. Medical has changed recently and I'm trying to get a wrap around that here soon. 

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: As stated above, I have been a mod here before. I left due to a rather rapid turn around in my life. 

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes, and I have. 

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: I'm 99% sure I haven't. 

Personality Funny, sarcastic, a little bit rough around the edges but professional all the same. 

Why do you play SS13?: SS13 provides me with a much bigger RP experience than most games can provide. On top of all this, the RP I get is mixed in with other players. It's amazing. Just wish byond wasn't such a terrible engine lol. 

Why do you play on Aurora?: The staff are great, the players greater. The server is HRP which is my favorite, and no two rounds will EVER be the same. Plus it's got Read. I mean, who wouldn't play on a server with her? 

What do moderators do?: Moderators are rule enforcers and helping hands. They assist new players, or people that need guidance. Answer questions that the wiki or forums might not have on hand and keep the flow of the server going. They deal with issues between one or more players as well. Also they take care of player complaints on the forums alongside the admin team. 

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means keeping things going. Helping out others when issues arise and helping the players on the server to continue to have fun. 

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I loved being a part of the staff team. Best team I've ever been a part of. I miss it greatly and want to come back to do my part and help out. Plus things have settled down to the point that I can be around much more often. 

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I'm a team player, and I'm good at talking with other people and remaining friendly and professional. I know when to step back and let someone else handle something if I can't. 

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: No one's perfect, but I try my best to keep a cool head. I do try to make sure my anger doesn't get the best of me when I'm playing. If it does, I know when to step back and cool off. 

Anything Else You Want to Add: Thanks for reading this, and Goret's a dork! :P

Offense taken. Prepare to lose both your arms you chicken. Also thank you for your feedback. Concerning the lack of.. stuff.. I feel like I'd just start repeating myself if I add stuff. I'm not good at big drawn out paragraphs. If whoever takes my app into consideration wants me to elaborate more, I will. Thank you for the +1. 

*This is a very biased Plus, so take that with a grain of salt and consideration*

It's seven years of SS13, you absolute fucking legend. SEVEN YEARS. SEVEN. YEARS.

I'm so biased with Shadow. I think he's absolutely phenomenal. Not just as a moderator, but as a friend and person. I can't tell you just how much this man has helped me through the years. He has, literally, calmed me down from thoughts of suicide. I am very hard to get along with. I'm overly hostile. Incredibly rude. Intimidating. Angry and short as fuck. Dynamite in a corset, if that helps. Shadow handles me with kiddie gloves at times. If he can dampen my fuse, he can handle any aggressive ahelp.

Best admin I've ever worked beside (Hypatia.) Best host I've ever had the pleasure of hosting with (Hollowstone). Loved by a large amount of the community. RP's well. Commands well.

He's a good egg.

Shadow is someone I look up to, and have for a while. He's a responsible person and cares deeply for the server and it's players. A good person, a good friend, and a good moderator when he was one. 

A big +1 from me.

Edited by ShesTrying
spelling

I have not been in the community long at all, so I may not be the best judge. That said, they're a fun player to interact with ICly. They're fine OOCly as well, displaying good conduct from what I've seen. Attitude is good. 

Essentially, they have the qualities that would make them a good moderator, and I like them already.

• Yonnimer changed the title to [ON TRIAL]Shadow7889's Moderator Application: Part 2?
  • Yonnimer changed the title to [Passed]Shadow7889's Moderator Application: Part 2?