[On Trial] Toast's Command Application

BYOND key: Sir Toast
Character names: Lucas Hayes (Retired), Stewart Young (Assistant), Vincent Winters (Janitor), Konrad Bishop (Cargo Technician), Isaac Harper (Security Officer)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I'd say confidently at least two months active now.
Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I want the whitelisted because I feel like I can deliver well on the role I intend to play. I've had my eye on NT Liaison for a while, and after observing and even using my assistant character to work as a secretary for many Liaison players, I feel like its time I move up myself.
Why did you come to Aurora?: I came because I found the amount of HRP servers lacking. I came looking for fun, and received it. Aurora is a server I will gladly dump quite the bit of time in for a while. It has already became my new favorite SS13 server.
Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes. I understand specifically for the role I wish to play the age and education requirements.
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? I have many notes and warnings, which is a result of my VPN. An Admin already noticed how I have notes that were clearly written for other players, and all the warnings on my account are not mine. The only problems I had was two. When I was new and tried this server out, I came from an LRP server and boarded the station named 'Dindles the Mad'. An Admin notified me to please read the rules and I did. As for administrative action during my active state, I received an Admin PM from Alberyk (Sorry if misspelled) to please not throw cleaning grenades on the shuttle. I did not do this as to grief, but rather I did not think ahead (As I was just trying to clean a LOT of blood at once.) If I had anymore notes, then I am unaware of them.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:  Roleplay is basically taking upon a role. It should be about having fun overall, and creating interesting and unique experiences for each round. Everyone should keep each others roleplay in mind so that everyone has a good time, since that is literally why everyone would do so in the first place.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Head of Staff are basically supposed to be several things. The OOC purpose mainly is to mentor. For example, a new player playing as a Medical Intern will be looking for direction, where the CMO will step in offering assistance and a general sense of what to do. Another thing Heads of Staff should do, which this could be counted as the IC purpose but still, is to be the roleplay leader for their department. They are to make things interesting and basically be someone that people try to look up to for bettering their own RP.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Whitelisted players all in general occupy pretty important roles. It is their responsibility to be better than the average player, giving enough roleplay to stand out. Whitelisted players obviously should all be the pinnacle of what the server is about, and have a positive OOC attitude on the discord and OOC chat as well as being a good Roleplayer.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career? (Im going to assume this is referring to my planned whitelist character). Not reading much news, Xavier has not much clue what is happening generally in Tau Ceti and of course has not much care either. Aside from the slight interest of the recent hostile takeover regarding Irodin Corporation and Traigan Co. he really is out of the loop. Xavier of course notices the tension between certain groups of Tajaran, and how NanoTrasen has been really getting interest on their Tau Ceti Assets, which makes him happy to have his job. He is overall not worried at all as he feels his job is secure and he is in a comfortable spot.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? I plan on playing a NanoTrasen Liaison mainly and probably only. It is the only role I really have any interest in. Which, I have a lot.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.: Xavier Price, NanoTrasen Liaison. 

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I would not say I'm of course the best, but I feel like I provide roleplay that is enough to be realistic and to the high standard expected of a whitelist player.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yes.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? Extra notes: Yes.

Extra notes: I think I need to re-state I have many notes and warnings that are not mine and hope this will not affect my application.

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz
Fixing unbolded line - Added a few more of my characters I completely forgot about but want to show I play.

Stewart Young is a good assistant, and the guy is great at RPing with them. Lucas Hayes is also pretty good. Taking into consideration their planned role being Liaison, which is a purely RP role, much like Assistant really is, I believe he would excel as it.

While I haven't had many interactions with Stewart Young and Vincent Winters, I have interacted with Lucas Hayes and he's pretty good to talk/interact with when the round is calmer and there's time for it. He's also learned quite a bit from the earlier times I remember Hayes, with a generally good conduct as well. I'm very curious how/where you'd take your Liason in the station and how you'd adapt to such a role.

1+

Played with Lucas was a great character and he stuck to his RP and was consistent with what he done, loved character and will miss him dearly. From what i have seen from him playing is that if hes given the position he will do the role to the bast of his ability which i think will be pretty dam good.

Ps. clarence will miss ya bud ?

Hello, I will be overseeing this application process.

I like the application a lot, there is a lot of detail and it's very solid.
edit: Due to a clerical error on my part, and a confusing note from a certain admin ((((@Cnaym))))
I denied the app wrongly. 

I will be giving you a trial, from today MAR/13/20 to MAR/20/20

Best of luck, play by the rules, be active and most of all, have fun!

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz
Clerical error. Use a VPN. Nerd.

Saw you the first time playing a grey assistant who did a ton of RP as a vampire and was baffled to say the least. Next round you played the bridge assistant and command enjoyed your presence a lot. Learning the tropes of the whitelist ICly is always a smart move, but usually people ask for interim instead of assistant positions.

Your antag play was stronk and fun, the RP was there and you showed that without antag status you are still a fun person to interact with. Getting randomly put sunglasses on your face to match your outfit was just a simple little nudge I did back then, but your reaction made me giggle a bit to hard ^_^

This app has my support :)