[Accepted]Sleepy's Unathi Species Maintainer App

Ckey/BYOND Username: Sleepy Wolf

Position Being Applied For: Unathi Species Maintainer Lore Developer

Past Experiences/Knowledge: as unathi deputy, skrell loredev, skrell deputy, diona loredev, diona deputy, 

Examples of Past Work:
https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Dionae - quotes on here
https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Dionae_Clusters - all of this

https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Skrell - a majority of skrell page, however the current team and VT did a lot after i left the skrell team initially. my fav i made here was 'The Dream' telepathic sleeping stuff, which i tried to make connections to Lovecraftian psychic fish people dreaming stuff to.

https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Unathi#Women - helped initially here when i was loredeputy under Marlon, when we worked together we did TONS of back-and-forth stuff and then he'd make it coherent writing

https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Moghes#Notable_Locations - this which has since been moved a lot of its initial content down the page - originally it just detailed some unique things about specific cities that seperated them from the rest. some cities being corrupt, some being ancient temples that are crumbling. im not responsible for all the writing here but i did help.

and then a LOT of articles that i helped with planning, drawing, dialogue, themes, settings... 

there's also plenty of community drawings that i've done, character portraits, sketches of lore characters, plenty of that.

Additional Comments:

phew. i am currently actually also working on an essay for class, but i'm actually becoming a lot better at managing my time so i've been free a lot more often with Fantastic Time Management. take my bad grammar as an example of my time restrictions, but also my desire to hopefully guide unathi on the same trends Marlon had planned in as passionate a way as he did. 

Edited by Mofo1995

As far as talent, experience, personality, and effort goes, you're probably the only person I feel who is suited for the position. However you do tend to disappear from time to time, though you've been sticking around lately. Hopefully that's a good sign. I still have reservations on how long you'll stick to it and stick around in general. I would HOPE it's some time and I want to believe that you've improved your time management, because I really do enjoy you and your work tremendously, but I'm not entirely sure.

The last time sleepy disappeared was awhile ago, so it doesn't seem too much like it'll be a problem.

I could personally go on about how sleepy's positively influenced the lore through creative writing and also through their art to support said writing developments, but then I'd end up with a giant novella of a post which is something I'm attempting to avoid from now on.

In essence, I think sleepy's a really good fit for this, and I can personally trust sleepy to communicate if their time management goes wonky all of a sudden.

On 24/02/2020 at 23:51, geeves said:

How long do you expect to stick with us? A year? Two?

like the tides of the heart that many skrell find themselves in, i too am Qu'poxii driven by my innate desire and passion in the moment. my love for unathi has gone on ever since i've known them so far, which is probably 5 years now, so i'd like to think i'll keep it up for a long time. 

You are creative and a great artist, sleepy. But, as people pointed out and I don't want to repeat what has said, I feel you have some issues with commitment.

I also have an issue with aut'akh becoming "besties" with the hegemony or anyone that works with them, kinda runs against how saramiite and other clans in Moghes are written, or even how pragmatic the vaurca are supposed to be, I guess.

If you are selected to be the unathi writer, do you have any plans for the Gakal'zaal arc? What do you think of it?

On 28/02/2020 at 23:21, Alberyk said:

I also have an issue with aut'akh becoming "besties" with the hegemony or anyone that works with them, kinda runs against how saramiite and other clans in Moghes are written, or even how pragmatic the vaurca are supposed to be, I guess.

you might be right here, i simply saw similarities in how the Aut'akh and the Vaurca might go about battle and thought they might have some 'mutual understanding' with that. they would definitely not be besties, but notable warriors would definitely come about on both sides. and, the actual physical conflicts would bring active movement to their ideas pushing forward.

On 28/02/2020 at 23:21, Alberyk said:

If you are selected to be the unathi writer, do you have any plans for the Gakal'zaal arc? What do you think of it?

Gakal'zaal is one situation i haven't kept completely up to date on, since i always thought of it as a work in progress and didn't want to get too interested until it was complete. however, it would interest me in multiple ways depending on how it goes or what's been planned/done so far. 

Guest Marlon Phoenix

You are one of the only people that I ever considered to be as wild, literature-romantic, experimental, and adventurous as me in terms of big ideas about lore. You even surpassed me a few times and made me feel like a conservative old man. 

I think these are great marks.

Unathi were mine for six years of constant development and I think you taking them on would be a good continuation because you have a good grasp on their themes, even while we had disagreements about the nature and direction of aut'akh. That said, how aut'akh were before I chose to leave the team due to its environment is very much thanks to you - I mostly pumped the brakes because you're the only person who is more dramatic in story beats and narratives than I am. What we balanced that out to be turned out great, even if I did not have time to run off with it like was my plan. I am pretty sure that you'll go crazy with them and it'll be a wild ride, which I would love to see.

I'm still proud that unathi have gone six years without any substantial reboots or rewrites and I hope this continues with you as a maintainer. If you do stick around I can tell you that looking back and seeing years of an unbroken story that you've been telling is extremely satisfying.

You're a very passionate person and it comes out in your dramatic storytelling. Which is what the unathi are all about.

In total I know you're a great choice. +1

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

I definitely do want to work on keeping things consistent at some points, for arcs in the past definitely. However, there are SOME things I'd want to work on - not things talked about in articles, but just primary points like the origins of the Aut'akh. I don't feel like I have a concrete place on reworking Aut'akh, but I'd want them to end up in almost the exact same position they're in right now, and with the same vibes... hopefully all i'll have to do is add some cultural things and artwork to help liven it up, though. 

I didn't bring up the Grim Compact but I should have - i'd have plans for redistributing their same stuff to possibly somewhere else or something. i'll go with the vibes of the ocean like the great pirates once did with the stars or some sht

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Aw beans about the grim compact. If i understand you right you want to break them up?

Their intent was to show a baseline for antag unathi, with them still following an honor code and familiar hierarchies, and allow these bombastic personalities a place on station. Im very interested to see the path you go with them and the dread queen.

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest issue preventing me from accepting Sleepy in the past was very similar to why I'm always crying myself to sleep at night, and that is the fear of the fire burning out and being left once more. However Sleepy has been on the Unathi team in the past, has been very consistent with interest in Unathi lore and its development. We've also got a great essay, and with the recent appointment of Borya I think the two could work very well together to hash out Unathi-Dominian relations which seems to be a big point both here and in Canon's essay. Which says to me its probably a big point the community is looking for work on. It was a tough call since the competition was stiff here, but the popular support enjoyed here and among the lore writers was a deciding factor on what would have otherwise felt like a coin toss. Application accepted!