Socks/Stockings/Knee-highs/etc.

That's the exact reason, why. Someone needs to program/port "socks that 99% of uniforms won't show off" in, test it, make a pull request, and that isn't exactly a few minutes of work. Wouldn't it be redundant/unnecessary work? It's for you to decide, considering that our coders are now doing their thinga with B12 code.

I don't see how adding more customization is a bad thing when we already have a dozen or so sets of things in that don't ever actually show for most uniforms. Underwear, combs, prosthetic limbs, etc.

Not really a bad thing, just not necessary right now. I'd like our devs to focus on porting Aurora to B12 code, rather than them wasting their time on/bothering with socks.

Fair enough, but most suggestions aren't immediately implemented anyways. I'd assume if this is taken on, it'll still be after the merge irregardless.

• 8 months later...

ERP isn't the same without thigh high stockings. I think this is exactly what we need to spice up our station RP experiences.

I'm pretty sure it's been stated that this is a "never ever" project based on my joke above being feared for reality. Or something like "Why all the code for something no one will see." But I'm pretty sure Polaris has it, I wonder how difficult it would be to port over.

On a slightly-more-serious-but-probably-just-as-lesbay note...

If we don't implement these in full, at least consider adding some sort of darkening on the legs to things like the nurse outfit and the black jumpskirt, and other clothes that are feminine and show off leg. It's a bit janky to wear any of it without proper hoisery.

• 2 weeks later...
That's like enforcing a dress code specifically on socks. That's silly.

"You can't wear socks in this scenario or we'll gripe at you!"

Enforcing a dress code at work. How terrible. It's not like there's an authentic RP reason for enforcing it. Meow's voice sounds incredibly sarcastic right now. Those jobs have clubwear for a reason. Loose clothing is bad for machines. Security officers IRL wear uniforms. They don't show up in thigh-highs and a cute skirt. Same for triage nurses/doctors. You want less exposure to possible contaminants, not more.

Wearing cute clothes and such is fine and everything until we're ignoring plausibility. And if/when this is implemented, people are going to ignore plausibility to pursue their kawaii fantasies of playing a female that's beautiful and wears skirts with thigh-highs all the time.

Agree!

• Gem locked this topic