Socks/Stockings/Knee-highs/etc.

Leggings would look great for people in skirts/dresses/shorts, as it would cover their legs or ankles and make women less exposed. Socks could work for both genders, presuming they're wearing shorts.

Could either be attached to jumpsuit or be a part of character creation.

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't find much point... You'll be wearing shoes over it. Not much to explain.

And yet we have underwear. If you want to break down the purpose of socks, it really falls down to realism. Most people who don't wear socks with shoes, especially boots, get hella blisters and have questionable foot hygiene.

If this is implemented, I'm just going to complain harder about the kawaii desu lesbians that are undoubtedly going to pop up even more. Just a for the record.

And yes, I'll be wearing socks with sandals on all of my characters just to spite you people.

Addendum: If this is implemented, I demand job safety guidelines are put in place. I seriously don't want to see doctors in leggings and thigh-highs in medical, security officers chasing down criminals with their FLBs, stockings, or engineers with their kawaii dresses and skirts fixing an engine. Can you at least do that. Please.

If this is implemented, I'm just going to complain harder about the kawaii desu lesbians that are undoubtedly going to pop up even more. Just a for the record.

And yes, I'll be wearing socks with sandals on all of my characters just to spite you people.

Addendum: If this is implemented, I demand job safety guidelines are put in place. I seriously don't want to see doctors in leggings and thigh-highs in medical, security officers chasing down criminals with their FLBs, stockings, or engineers with their kawaii dresses and skirts fixing an engine. Can you at least do that. Please.

Trust me, people will do so. There are already dress-codes designed to prevent engineers and security from wearing skirts and other frivolous apparel. That however is a player consideration, not a suggestion-orientated consideration.

That's like enforcing a dress code specifically on socks. That's silly.

"You can't wear socks in this scenario or we'll gripe at you!"

Enforcing a dress code at work. How terrible. It's not like there's an authentic RP reason for enforcing it. Meow's voice sounds incredibly sarcastic right now. Those jobs have uniforms for a reason. Loose clothing is bad for machines. Security officers IRL wear uniforms. They don't show up in thigh-highs and a cute skirt. Same for triage nurses/doctors. You want less exposure to possible contaminants, not more.

Wearing cute clothes and such is fine and everything until we're ignoring plausibility. And if/when this is implemented, people are going to ignore plausibility to pursue their kawaii fantasies of playing a female that's beautiful and wears skirts with thigh-highs all the time.

That's like enforcing a dress code specifically on socks. That's silly.

"You can't wear socks in this scenario or we'll gripe at you!"

Enforcing a dress code at work. How terrible. It's not like there's an authentic RP reason for enforcing it. Meow's voice sounds incredibly sarcastic right now. Those jobs have uniforms for a reason. Loose clothing is bad for machines. Security officers IRL wear uniforms. They don't show up in thigh-highs and a cute skirt. Same for triage nurses/doctors. You want less exposure to possible contaminants, not more.

Wearing cute clothes and such is fine and everything until we're ignoring plausibility. And if/when this is implemented, people are going to ignore plausibility to pursue their kawaii fantasies of playing a female that's beautiful and wears skirts with thigh-highs all the time.

Well, I'm not saying the jobs with uniforms are bad. Security and engineering have dress codes and that makes sense.

Come on, Meow'. I can imagine a head of personnel wearing something on her legs so that she's not exposed in the uniform that was provided for her in the first place. It's not exactly revealing or awful. You're covering more and not less.

If people break the rules in-game, confront them about it in-character.

"You're breaking the dress code with your sexy nurse outfit and garters. What do you think this is, a fashion convention?"

Come on, Meow. I can see a head of personnel wearing something on her legs so that she's not exposed in the uniform that was provided for her in the first place. How about a cargo technician? It's not exactly skimpy, or awful. You're covering more and not less. Don't want 'em wearing skirts? Fine by me if it's in their official code.

I'm not talking about white-color jobs. I made no mention of a HoP because they don't go toe-to-toe with heavy machinery, pathogens and blood spills, or criminals on a daily basis.

As for cargo techs, they're around heavy machinery, not to mention lifting crates is not all that easy in a skirt, I'd assume. At Fed Ex, females weren't allowed to wear skirts. You wore things you're prepared to work in. If you're lifting a hazmat crate that's leaking, you're risking exposure.

And no, a pair of stocking isn't exactly the proper PPE for these types of situations. If somebody wants to choose these kinds of jobs, they either need to RP it correctly, or prepare to face criticism until something is implemented, because then it's obvious they're wearing the stuff not to be safe, but so they can look cute.

I'd like to note that dresses and skirts were worn by working females for a long time, even in sports jobs. However, the modern day does have quite a few restrictions, in America. there are plenty of locations in this world were nurses wear skirts (albeit nothing slutty) and the same with female police officers.

That in mind, the Rp implications of enforcing a dress code seem wonderful and I support this, let the rebels be rebels and ICly knock them back in place.

"Aww yeah bae bae, you bend down and pick up that crate fer me gurrl."

"Please don't stare at my down there senpai~"

"Mhm damn guurl just let it happen."

"H-help me sec, I'm b-being touched in a lewd place~"

It just roleplays itself!

Seriously though I say have it in because fun.

I don't see how people wearing socks is a bad thing at all. We already have the option to wear assless undergarments, or to go commando. How is adding a wide variety of socks for the people of various genders that 99% of uniforms won't show off anyways a bad thing?

Looking great isn't a very efficient way to spite people.

(...) How is adding a wide variety of socks for the people of various genders that 99% of uniforms won't show off anyways a bad thing? (...)

That's the exact reason, why. Someone needs to program/port "socks that 99% of uniforms won't show off" in, test it, make a pull request, and that isn't exactly a few minutes of work. Wouldn't it be redundant/unnecessary work? It's for you to decide, considering that our coders are now doing their thinga with B12 code.

Why no one ever listens to me.

http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3806&start=20#p37783

It's simple, people (including me) worry about this so much, because they don't want our dev team to work on stuff, that will only be used to do "fetish/schoolgirl" stuff. Really, those are not "32x32 sprites of socks" or "just cosmetic items", those are also hours (?) of implementing the code and bug testing. Asking "why would we honestly need them for a spessmen game" is totally justified.

http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3806&start=30#p38073

I just want to ask, why are socks so important? You won't even see them 80% of the time, because characters are not always naked and are not wearing dresses all the time. As I already said, is it worth to code it in?

That's the exact reason, why. Someone needs to program/port "socks that 99% of uniforms won't show off" in, test it, make a pull request, and that isn't exactly a few minutes of work. Wouldn't it be redundant/unnecessary work? It's for you to decide, considering that our coders are now doing their thinga with B12 code.

I don't see how adding more customization is a bad thing when we already have a dozen or so sets of things in that don't ever actually show for most uniforms. Underwear, combs, prosthetic limbs, etc.

It's simple, people (including me) worry about this so much, because they don't want our dev team to work on stuff, that will only be used to do "fetish/schoolgirl" stuff. Really, those are not "32x32 sprites of socks" or "just cosmetic items", those are also hours (?) of implementing the code and bug testing. Asking "why would we honestly need them for a spessmen game" is totally justified.

You realize we do have assless undergarments and the ability to go nude. How socks are somehow the epitome of "fetish" I truly do not understand.

I don't see how adding more customization is a bad thing when we already have a dozen or so sets of things in that don't ever actually show for most uniforms. Underwear, combs, prosthetic limbs, etc.

Not really a bad thing, just not necessary right now. I'd like our devs to focus on porting Aurora to B12 code, rather than them wasting their time on/bothering with socks.

It's simple, people (including me) worry about this so much, because they don't want our dev team to work on stuff, that will may only be used to do "fetish/schoolgirl" stuff. Really, those are not "32x32 sprites of socks" or "just cosmetic items", those are also hours (?) of implementing the code and bug testing. Asking "why would we honestly need them for a spessmen game" is totally justified.

You realize we do have assless undergarments and the ability to go nude. How socks are somehow the epitome of "fetish" I truly do not understand.

Context. There was a discussion about that 5 (?) months ago, I even linked this post. Doesn't really apply here. Underlined part was/is relevant and important.