Butterrobber's Head Whitelist App

BYOND key: Butterrobber202

Character names:Adam Davis, Macy Laster, Ssiruis Zuberi, Computer

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: On and off since 2014

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:To become a leader inside the Game, I want to try out leading various people in different situations.

Why did you come to Aurora?:I sought the fabled, and even legendary, High Roleplay

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: I've read all of those Job Descriptions at least 5 times.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:Roleplay is stepping into someone else's shoes and acting like them. It's (In SS13's case) making a Person out of nothing and giving them a Story, a life, and making them unique. Roleplay should be about people enjoying and immersing themselves into a story. Its about the story you can craft for your own Character and how your story can effect other's.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: To keep the round moving and keeping it fluid. If their are no heads holding the Reins the crew will go wild, Sec can do whatever they say is the law, Science can go on a Mech/Tech spree unrestricted, Engineering will end up building a Singlou on the White Ships, and Cargo will waste all the points. Heads are there for control, but they have another duty. To be something like a Antag, they need to be the Players to man up and take the fall for the rest of the round. If it's a rev round, try to be a total jerk to the crew to help the round keep going, and letting the Revs get some support so it can be interesting for all.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Whitelisted players go to this forum to test their Keyboard Warrior GRIT to get the Head/Alien they want. It's our duty, with these privileges to help make a round or event fun to play in. It's our job to set a example of Roleplay to others. (Not to say anyone that is a Non-Whitelist are FRPers) We should help others in their own growth into supportive and productive Roleplayers of the Aurora, or the Space Station 13 community as a hole.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Adam Davis

Character age:26 30

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Adam, as a small child was a wondrous blessing, according to his Parents. The Davis Family grew up on a simple farm on Biesel. They sent Adam to a medium-end private school in the area, around 45 minutes away from their small home. He was the typical Teenager all the way until he got out of High-School with above-average grades. Hard-Pressed by his Parents to decide what he was going to do with his life, he choose Science as it was one of his best subjects in High School. His Parents then shipped him of to, 'United Liberty College of Science' he studied Biomechanical Fields, studying for 4 years before finishing with his Degree. At that point he returned to his Parents, who he had always made a point to visit when he had the time, with a Smile. He got some Blue-Collor work at a Welding Shop, repairing Prosthetics, Robotic Servants, and sometimes the odd IPC that wandered in.

After working in the Shop for 3 years and gaining plenty of experience, the shop was forced to close due to a unpleasant accident with a Leg Prosthetic that belonged to a lawyer. He was out of luck, but with the money he had saved in the Shop he went back to his Parents to break the News. Arriving at his Childhood home he noticed something odd... the front porch candle was left unlit. Something his Mother would never allow to happen while she was around. He jogged up to the door and slowly pushed it open. To reveal a dark house, it seemed awfully dirty as if there was a skirmish in here. He walked along calling out to his Mother and Father. Reaching their bedroom he opened the door to reveal...his dead parents. Blood was splattered across the bed sheet and the door of the Closet. Now that he looked down he spotted some under his own foot. Adam fell down to his knees, shell-shocked that this happened. When he heard that ominous creak of a Floor board (A Strong Source of Childhood Paranoia) Whipping around he saw a dark, black-clad figure wielding a knife. Charged with a fury and rage he had never known before he launched himself at the Man. Unprepared for this action the Black Man toppled over the Knife clattering away from him on the Oak Floorboards. Adam, who was lying above the man grabbed his Throat and began to throttle the man. The Black Figure managed to grab Adam's collar and jerk him to the side, resulting in a loss of grip on Adam's part. Adam was tossed by the Knife as the Man charged him, bellowing in fury. Adam tightly shut his eyes and heard a sickening crack. Peeking out, he was shocked to discover that the Knife had some way found it inside the Man's sternum. Adam kicked away, evading the falling Corpse. After a few minutes of recovery he walked back to his parents. Tears rolling down his face he grasped his Father's pale face, looking for any signs of hope. Sobbing he turned away, unable to look at the sight any longer. Almost jerking up suddenly when he felt a wet hand grab his forearm. It was his Mother, she was still alive. The plea for help in her eyes as she stared at Adam. Adam quickly grab the under sheet from the bed and wrapped it around her, leaving the head uncovered. He picked her up and ran outside placing her in the back of his Vehicle. He whipped out his holophone and called the Urgent Health Line, telling them to prepare for a Critical Person. Rushing to the Medical Center the Doctors took his Mother inside. Working quickly the Doctor's saved Adam's Mother, sadly she was still confined to a Wheelchair for the rest of her life. Being able to walk short distances, but her left foot had utterly being crippled in the Attempted Murder, and being to old to get a Robotic Limb, there she was. Adam, now with a burning Passion, built a Security Drone for his Mother using much of the Credits he had gathered from the Welding Shop. Then he shipped himself off to a Nanotransen funding Security Program where he began a shortened Course of Training, finishing his Cadetship 3 weeks early he began his Work on the NSS Aurora, as a Sec Officer. (Sometimes shifting to Roboticist if he was required.)

What do you like about this character?: He has passion and a Care for others (*Cough* Since I revised him *Cough*) as a officer he will attempt to care for the people around him and protect them.

What do you dislike about this character?: Wished I had dreamed him up on Mars, but meh. Adam, due to his Protectiveness tends to throw himself into a Problem without giving it much thought.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: (After I age him a few years) I firmly believe that he would make a Good Head of Security, keeping the Crew safe and taming his unthoughtfulness, being a very good leader and role-model for others.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: Hmmm... I have gotten a few compliments for it, but I'd give it a 7.2/10

Extra notes: I Might not use Adam as my Head, Wondering if I could create a mesh between him and Macy to create a better Character for it.

Edited by Guest
What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: (After I age him a few years) I firmly believe that he would make a Good Head of Security, keeping the Crew safe and taming his unthoughtfulness, being a very good leader and role-model for others.

Hueh.

I'm fully aware of what you wrote. I want who you're applying with to be 30 in the application. Set his age to 30 in the application since you plan on aging him anyway.

I feel like you are not mature or friendly enough to be a head I frankly remember you getting angry and insulting myself and a few others in dead chat for giving you criticism about your rp, work on that for now its a -1 sorry

Can you tell me what I said? I think there was a certain day that may have happened.

Yes you during a secret round around one week ago you told me and I believe two others to "fuck off do not tell me about my rp you are annoying shut up" if I remember correctly.

Err... Well, I know this sounds like I'm being a weasel but I started my new ADD Meds around that week, and I was mad enough to cook a egg on my forehead. (Sorry about that btw :3 )

I've had some short interactions with Ssiruis Zuberi, if I recall you're one of the Unathi who insta grab the hardsuit.

There's this one Unathi who the second the alert level is raised, seems to have already stepped into the hardsuit.

If that isn't you my bad, but Unathi names are difficult for me.

Other then the hardsuit issue, I have no real issues with your ability to RP so, +1

I don't see you enough to take issue, but that isn't enough to recommend. It isn't enough to meet expectations. You need to excel. You also need to be ready for a higher level of adversity than you may be accustomed to; the BO / CCIA / CentComm RP has become my own personal definition of hell. Although I could be a nice guy and +1, I'm going to have to favor goodness over a good name.

With condolences, -1. These things are worth more through adversity.

I don't see you enough to take issue, but that isn't enough to recommend. It isn't enough to meet expectations. You need to excel. You also need to be ready for a higher level of adversity than you may be accustomed to; the BO / CCIA / CentComm RP has become my own personal definition of hell. Although I could be a nice guy and +1, I'm going to have to favor goodness over a good name.

With condolences, -1. These things are worth more through adversity.

You have manged to confuse me, but I did notice you said, the BO / CCIA / CentComm RP has become my own personal definition of hell.. Thats your choice... I /love/ command /Central RP, thus I am applying for this

You have an OOC attitude that, for a reason I can't quite pin, rubs me the wrong way. I want to say impatient or immature, but neither quite hit the nail on the head. I'm giving this a respectful NAY (-1) because of this, as well as what you believe the OOC reason of a Head is. It seems too.. Conflict-driven, like you expect them to be the be-all-end-all messiah of a crew of toddlers. I'll tell you from experience: Going into a situation with the expectation that everyone is going to be retarded and needs hand-holding every step of the way is a guaranteed way to be hated, and to seriously fuck up in some capacity or another.

From an IC perspective, this can generate interesting situations, but when shared as a view from an OOC standpoint, it doesn't sit right.

Reiterating: NAY. -1.

@ Jennaele

That conflict with OOC might due to the fact that I am /extremely/ sarcastic and like pal-ing around

But Heads,

While I do believe that some of the crew are pretty much retarded, I don't fully believe that from the start, let's take... Fermi, the Scientist, I like her, OOCly and ICly, while keeping in the bounds of her character, she knows a lot about the Game itself and That's something I like.

But let's say for example, Baldy Bob the Sec Officer is running around arresting people for i107 because they had a mischannel, that will grind my gears in the way you mentioned.

( But thanks for the Constructive Criticism anyway )