[Accepted] Nanako's Head of Staff application

BYOND key:NanakoAC

Character names:Nanako Magojiro, Nanako Weiss, Nanako Herzreich, Nanako Johannesen, Boopsy

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:2 months

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:To contribute to rounds on a broader scale, and to have the tools and authority to help out those who are lacking in the skills for their departments.

Why did you come to Aurora?:I played on several other servers for a while, places where the entire crew turns into murderhobos at the 15 minute mark. TG, yogs, etc. They all felt lacking, the constant conflict, griefing, and lack of structure seemed to run counter to what SS13 was designed to be, and denied playing the game to its fullest. I liked the quieter, properly moderated atmosphere on aurora

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?:Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:Roleplay is about living another life, another person, in another place and time. Exploring the implications of that setting

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:To help out players who need to learn about their department, to get to know everyone working under you, figure out who's good, and who needs improvement, to make decisions to keep your department running smoothly, and to represent your department on the Command stage.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

To set an example for those who are new, and provide a beacon of stability in what can sometimes be chaos.

To teach. How to be mechanically good in your department, and also how to properly RP working there. Teach about the procedures and regulations. To be well behaved and strive to abide by server rules, and to know where to draw the line between calling security, and calling admins.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:Nanako Magojiro

Character age:30

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Born to a lower class family, Nanako grew up on Earth, in a troubled town full of crime, drugs and violence. She was brought into the sort of existence that wastes lives and souls, and did not escape that upbringing unscathed. By age 20 she'd learned gutter, and struggled through several addictions. School was her only escape from this life, and she forever looked up to the stars. When she came home to a particularly grisly scene of violence one night, she didn't want revenge, or justice, or vindication. She just wanted out. She gathered and stole whatever she could, and ran, far from home and a family full of wastrels. To a new life, a proper education, and a career in medicine. She wanted to help people, not cause more harm or violence.

Eventually she took a medical intern position aboard the NSS Exodus, and gradually rose through the ranks over the course of several years, oftentimes working alone, but eventually gaining the support and respect of many close colleagues. She learned too that NT's hiring standards are a wide net, and there are very often doctors and chemists who have little clue what they're doing. In her recent struggles to teach them, she's decided she's ready for more responsibility and control over the department. Ready to take the reigns, and guide a new generation of doctors up to their full potential.

What do you like about this character?:She's competent, kind, and intensely worried about everyone. She tries to play mother to the whole station and save as many lives as possible.

What do you dislike about this character?: RPing a pacifist gets pretty tough when you're under attack, sedatives aren't the most effective weapon against armed terrorists in hardsuits, but she will not cause harm. In addition, playing someone who cares about everyone gets difficult when a horde of SSD people have to be dealt with as the shuttle arrives, or some maniac attempts suicide for the third time that shift, or a security officer refuses to come in for treatment as they slowly die of infections.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: She is competent, confident in her skills, and has learned to take people under her wing and teach them. She knows what medical needs, what needs to be done or prepared, and thusly can lead her department into functioning order.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:4/10. I realise i have plenty of room for improvement, i'm working on it, and usually open to feedback

Extra notes:

I've waited longer than most do for applying for head of staff. And like every promotion before it, i've stuck where i am until a few close friends have started suggesting i'm ready. I've memorised a whole slew of regulations and directives, , and researched lore in many areas to a great extent

In recent weeks i've found myself devising tricky questions and scenarios, to quickly gauge the competence of a doctor.

There's been far too many times where i've arrived in the middle of a crisis and basically started running medical. Ordering an odysseus, giving the chemist medicine orders to fill the fridge, checking the monitor to find several dead or dying that nobody's noticed, and figuring out what everyone's up to, and delegating incoming patients to them. It often feels like i'm playing backseat CMO

For now, i only plan to play CMO with magojiro, and possible CE during deadhour with Johannesen. Other command positions will still be a while away yet, i've no plans of jumping into HoS or Captain anytime soon

I feel like this has been a while overdue, it's about time i did it. For better or worse, i offer myself to the community's judgement.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NanakoAC/(Nanako Herzreich): account is 66 days old

That's barely over 2 months for one. But onto the actual application... No. I'm sorry. I find the idea of all the Nanakos to be absolutely absurd and borderline immersion breaking- It was poor form explained with a poorer gimmick. They're basically W40 Primarchs. To allow all of them into command would only make things worse.

Furthermore... I acknowledge that you have an incredible drive of enthusiasm. I can respect that. But unfortunately, your enthusiasm kicks in long before your brain does, and you can say and do some frankly pretty stupid things, and argue them for hours without really hearing the other side of the argument. This carries over into IC on all your nanako clones. You just... Get set on a certain idea or concept, and don't let go of it. In the bad way. For instance, I've seen Magojiro harass a janitor for an hour straight to come clean the medbay IMMEDIATELY because it is of the UTMOST PRIORITY, and clearly, the bottle of space cleaner will not suffice to clean the one spot of blood present on the floors, and she MUST prevent said janitor from cleaning the literal buckets of blood up at security to deal with this.

I'm an EMT. I've worked in hospitals before. If something that menial needs doing, we can do it ourselves. Shit, the intern sneezed on the monitor? Spray some windex and disinfectant on it and move on with your bloody day. You don't need to turn every little point into your hill to die on.

TL;DR, you need to be more flexible and less argumentative if you want this to go through.

I'm giving this a hard, definite -1.

I accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it, misclick that i didn't notice. Are you able to revert it?

NanakoAC/(Nanako Herzreich): account is 66 days old

Apologies, time corrected

To allow all of them into command would only make things worse.

For what it's worth, i only intend to play one in primetime command. And one in command during dead hours where the regular CEs aren't around

frankly pretty stupid things, and argue them for hours without really hearing the other side of the argument.

If you have any other examples of this, i'm open to listening and hopefully explaining thought processes at the time

For instance, I've seen Magojiro harass a janitor for an hour straight to come clean the medbay IMMEDIATELY because it is of the UTMOST PRIORITY, and clearly, the bottle of space cleaner will not suffice to clean the one spot of blood present on the floors, and she MUST prevent said janitor from cleaning the literal buckets of blood up at security to deal with this.

That incident was yesterday, the janitor was talking on the radio, and chatting to people, and talking about places he was going. What i distinctly remember him not talking about was medical, at all. I was insisting because he was entirely ignoring medical, i don't even remember any acknkowledgement, i would have stopped asking if he'd said something like 'I'll come and clean medical soon.', or even 'I'm busy right now and can't get to medical for a while'

I had no idea what was at security, i was shouting at him to get his attention, because it seemed like we didn't have it. I was starting to wonder if my headset was broken and nobody was hearing me.

RP wise, it seems like a critical place to clean because of risk of infection, sick patients are more vulnerable to poor hygiene. We did eventually clean up the blood ourselves, and he arrived later to clean the filthy lobby

You don't need to turn every little point into your hill to die on.

Noted, that seems to be a flaw, i argue about lots of things

I fixed my post, dw about it.

"frankly pretty stupid things, and argue them for hours without really hearing the other side of the argument."

One thing that comes to mind in particular is the breacher chassis argument, as well as a more inane one regarding the depth in which the Chemistry wiki should be done to (IE: Whether or not to spoon-feed people the best way to minmax every recipe.)

There are a lot more, but I'm sleep deprived ATM and can't place them directly. I'll let you know when I recall the exact incidents.

One thing that comes to mind in particular is the breacher chassis argument,

Well that one's in the past, i've let go of it.

as well as a more inane one regarding the depth in which the Chemistry wiki should be done to (IE: Whether or not to spoon-feed people the best way to minmax every recipe.)
This one i'm not even arguing on. I asked skull if he wanted to force an admin decision, and when he said no, i put up a community vote. When the poll reaches a week old, i'll go with whatever is the majority decision.

I figured it was best to not stand on a hill fighting about that one, there are pros and cons to either approach, i've said my piece in the posts i made in that thread, and i'll have nothing more to say about it regardless of the result. though i'll have a fair bit more work if it passes

I would point out you did cause a huge argument in OOC with me and tried to dissuade me from coding things for the server unless you specifically wanted them, whitelisted players should be people the community look up too and ones who set an example and if the community followed that example there's no way I would want to play on this server I'd like to give this a -1 for that reason.

I would like to bring as well, Nanako's Characters do a lot of positive work ethic to the station, Like Weiss goes above and over what is normally required of her, and Nanako Magojiro is a very pushy Doctor, always wanting to help her patients. So thats a bit of a grey area if good or bad. Overall though, I would give her application a +1, but there needs to be a change, there of: Like Jennalele said 'you stick with a idea and focus on it' As Command staff you can't do that you have to comprise, and make new ideas sometimes just on the spot, you can't give a over demanding and control (Not saying you can't get your department to file. or work a certain way, but do remember you may have people not like that) I would say though, that is your biggest issue, secondly all your Characters being Nanako *something* kinda breaks the RP sense, since we all know its you, its not like with some characters where you go "Who is this? I want to meant them!" but your characters are just alike just different backstories, I would recommend getting another character who is very different from all the ones you have now, so no one really knows its you. Otherwise, this application has my vote, +1

In the short time I've been playing, I don't think you're a particularly good RPer. I've seen Nanako Magojiro do things that are far beyond what you can reasonably expect a Doctor's skills to be. I've seen her doing construction, robotics, chemistry. It's not very fun to see one person doing the job of ten; good RP isn't about doing something, it's about knowing when not to do something.

I also think being under you in your department would be torturous.

tried to dissuade me from coding things for the server unless you specifically wanted them,

I didn't at all, i was trying to explain that you should make things the community wanted, not specifically me.

For example, over here i'm holding a vote for a controversial documentation feature: http://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5968&start=10

I wanted to add this, but not everyone liked it, so i've put it to a vote, its looking like 40:60 against, so it probably won't happen. If you're developing anything for a community, you should take their wishes into account before doing stuff If you plan on making any kind of features, you'll run into situations where not all of your ideas are popular

my ending note was to make suggestion threads before doing stuff, at least, for anything major or potentially controversial. I'm sure nobody would object to more wall posters, which was one thing you had in mind,

I'm sorry if that came across as hostile, it wasn't the intention, and i definitely do still think you should apply.

Doctor's skills to be. I've seen her doing construction, robotics, chemistry.

I have four characters, my doctor does not do construction or robotics.

Chemistry she used to do, but that was stopped a couple of weeks ago after a discussion with admins

I'm sure one of my characters has worked with matt dalmer a few times in engineering, and in cargo. What have i done to hurt you? I thought we got along reasonably well.

As someone who has interacted with most of your characters.

Don't take this the wrong way. When it comes to mechanics and gameplay, you know how things work which is a good thing. But in your case at most, also a bad thing. It's come to my attention that you powergame quite alot (especially in the Past but that is starting to ease down by now.). One good example is your overuse of Death alarms without a legitimate reason and playing as an EMT/MD with an axe "just in case you require to do forced entry" despite the presence of an AI/Borgs/Personell with access.

Also, when it comes to your Roleplaying skills they are lacking. Your characters have almost to no diversity when it comes to personality. And when you attempt to make one of them look like the "asshole" and the other like the "friendly maid", these differences are quickly overshadowed by your primary character's traits which they all happen to share commonly. All of them posses the same first name where they have all become so recognizable as to being a bad meme now and their existance only appears to be for the sole purpose of having your character being able to hop to a different department and work there because that's exactly what it is.

And then there is your validhunting behaviour. All though I don't have a solid example, I have often found you trying to pin alot of blame on supposed antags just to find them in a cell. And I fear that this will become a problem when you posses the power of a Heads of Staff.

So then. As a conclusion I'm afraid that I will have to give a -1. There is alot you have to change about your behaviour ICly and OOCly and of course, your RP skills in general.

Guest Menown

I've seen the various Nanakos as as janitor, a security cadet, whatever else your horde of animuesque characters are all having the same apparent knowledge. While they've never displayed what they know, hearing your security cadet talk about the constant incompetent chemists, as well as your janitor doing the same, while your non-janitor Nanakos talking about the best way to effectively clean the station, does very little to enforce you being able to play somebody besides the same exact character, just as different people. Every single one of your exactly the same character is a carbon copy of the others, just with a different accent that doesn't really ever seem to change how they act, and a different color of hair.

You've threatened to call security on me for trespassing in medical when I was cleaning blood off the floor that you and the other doctors were tracking everywhere, and you for some reason decide that constantly yelling over the radio in the middle of a sentence is something that needs to be done. You've gotten hostages killed by reporting they're being attacked over the radio, and you've somehow managed to lack any sort of knowledge over the code procedure as well, given you were ordering people to turn their sensors up completely during a code blue, saying "it's required".

I know you're here for the game, but we are a roleplaying community, and if you want to play Nanako as every single job, and be the best person aboard the station who's able to do just about everything, as different characters that are actually the exact same character, then you're really the wrong place. I'd say, if you really want to make an effort and have Nanako as a CMO, then scrap the other Nanakos, and just play her, without the professional engineering, janitorial, security, knowledge that you possess OOCly.

I do not think that Nanako is ready for the Head of Staff position. The reasons have already been brought up, mostly because I feel that you cannot properly roleplay characters and don't think that the Nanako army would be a good fit for the Command Staff.

I would suggest that you work on making your characters more diverse in personality and knowledge, along with perhaps creating characters that aren't directly based off of yourself. You are a good personality on the server but I just think that some of those major issues need to be addressed before I would want you as a Head of Staff. -1

This application alone has completely ruined my game of "How Many Nanakos are there now?"

Basically, I resolved to avoid writing down the names of any of the Nanakos and simply try to keep a mental count. It was a fun way to spend time. First time it came up, someone said there were two because they'd noticed the Sec Nanako or "Secako" if you will. I was able to correct the confused party by proving the existence of an engineering Nanako or "Engiko" alternatively. I'll be frank, I haven't taken great joy in the character concept since Janitoko started cutting down on Mediko's screen-time.

I heard one interesting theory that it was possible that all of the Nanako's were just the same Nanako. This resulted in the idea of an Infinity Nanako or Infiniko.

This quickly became my headcanon and ended with the answer to "How many Nanakos" being "one".

But yeah. Since Magojiro's quickly gone from being an intern that knows surgery and chemistry to a nurse who knows only most surgeries and offers to assist virology, I can see her shift to a CMO who knows how to apply bandages as the next natural progression.

Real talk, let us see some diversity in your RP, please. Spend a few months experimenting with RP and character designs. Having four characters who share the same first name doesn't inspire confidence. Also, please stop advancing character ages to make them viable candidates for more jobs. That's not exactly a rule, it just sorta makes me cry inside. Like the Titanic. Your character is the Titanic. Please stop making me cry, Jack.

You know you both could have gotten on that raft. -1.

I've seen Doctor Nanako (the only Nanako I know tbh) repairing prosthetic limbs and using tools to hack her way into Chemistry because there were no Chemists. You were doing the Chemistry only a few days ago, so you obviously haven't stopped.

We do always get on well and I wasn't trying to offend you personally but my 'torturous' comment was more a follow on from this:

That wouldn't be a very pleasant round for me OOC if this was the person who was running my department.

Well i'm about -6 now, maybe lower, the application isn't going to pass.

I knew this process wouldn't be sunshine and roses, but i'd expected to be divisive, not universally rejected

All i can do now is take this opportunity to learn, to correct misconceptions, and to justify my actions.

One good example is your overuse of Death alarms without a legitimate reason

Guilty as charged, however i want to point out three things:

1. The alarms are in a cupboard that all medical staff have access to. Rather than being, say, in the CMO's office, or the armoury

2. I have never seen all six death alarms used in a round, ever. Even when we have six command staff and the CMO is actively offering them, there's always a couple left

3. In the vast majority of rounds, when i'm not using them, nobody is. Death alarms are a very rare and underused mechanic outside of the ERT

When someone with a death alarm dies, it affects people. I've been executed as a hostage with a death alarm, and it makes people take my kidnappers more seriously. I've died in breaches to a death alarm, and served as a warning beacon of the danger. I've been kiled by rampaging cultists and slimes with a death alarm. It raises the stakes, it shocks people, and it serves as an immediate talking point. I'd argue that adds RP value to the round

I'm not sure i've ever actually been personally served by it, i've never been stealthganked with one in, and the majority of the time when i die, it's at the end of a round, or in a hazardous place such that my body is never recovered

and playing as an EMT/MD with an axe "just in case you require to do forced entry" despite the presence of an AI/Borgs/Personell with access.
You're right i've been a bit overzealous with this lately (although i've never used it against a living person yet). it's not really needed when there are borgs or crewmen around, and i will try to reduce the usage of it.

However i feel that the AI, both IC and OOCly, cannot be trusted. Unlike a borg, which can be easily locked down, or a crewman who can be arrested and brigged, an AI faces no penalty for neglect of duty. And despite being an absurdly powerful position, is oddly not whitelisted. AIs seem to be a 50/50 crapshoot as to whether they'll help or respond, and i've lost more patients than i can remember, by standing outside a room watching them die while the AI ignores requests to open it

Also, when it comes to your Roleplaying skills they are lacking. Your characters have almost to no diversity when it comes to personality. And when you attempt to make one of them look like the "asshole" and the other like the "friendly maid",

Attempt being the operative word, advice would be appreciated.

these differences are quickly overshadowed by your primary character's traits which they all happen to share commonly.

Can you identify what these are?

appears to be for the sole purpose of having your character being able to hop to a different department and work there because that's exactly what it is.
I will admit that's what it was originally, it's not anymore. i'm starting to enjoy playing and developing their different personas a bit, perhaps i just need more time and guidance on that front

And then there is your validhunting behaviour.

I have gone validhunting an antag only once that i can recall, as my engineer. A deadhour round where TrickingTrapster was moderator, and we communicated fairly closely about my actions, still i almost got warned for it, and became quite worried about a repeat incident, i've tried to avoid it religiously since

I have often found you trying to pin alot of blame on supposed antags just to find them in a cell.

I'm not quite sure i understood this line, can you clarify?

With most crimes, in gameplay terms, in RP terms, and in real life, the perpetrator of a crime is, 99% of the time, the guy who was there when it happened. If a bomb goes off in maintenance and then someone comes sprinting out of there, i think it's pretty logical to report them

And I fear that this will become a problem when you posses the power of a Heads of Staff.

or i might be too busy with paperwork, managing people, and faxing CC, to notice who's running out of recently exploded areas. it's hard to say for sure

all having the same apparent knowledge.

I dispute this, at least to some degree,

While they've never displayed what they know,

I'll display right now, here are all four skill sheets for the nanakos. All made between days-weeks before this application, and posted here unedited:

Magojiro: http://i.imgur.com/tFKmH2L.png

Heavy machinery is for operation of the odysseus exosuit. Amateur skill allows piloting only the mech that your department uses, and not others.

Johannesen: http://i.imgur.com/rM3J7mh.png

By far the most overpowered of my characters, i will need to tone her down a bit, i think,

Herzreich: http://i.imgur.com/B37aBnV.png

Weak, due to still being cadet, her weapon/CC/command skills will rise over time. She's taken a first aid class, and operates the security consoles a whole lot, so medicine and IT skills are amateur, but will not go higher.

Weiss: http://i.imgur.com/WgNU4WI.png

Too powerful, i'm planning to remove EVA and close combat, otherwise she seems about right

hearing your security cadet talk about the constant incompetent chemists,

One of the first things that Nanako H was told during cadet training, while learning to use flashes, is that it's your 'standard tool for use against drug abusing chemists and grey suited assistants', by officer Dylan Wright. Chemists abusing their own drugs are a running joke in the security department, and a type of criminal they see on a daily basis. She doesn't need to work in medical to know about abusive chemists

while your non-janitor Nanakos talking about the best way to effectively clean the station,

Cleaning is a basic skill that everyone picks up during their life, it's necessary to function as an adult unless you live with your parents who do everything for you. This is very likely why there's no skill for it, everyone is assumed similar competence with cleaning things. Apply water and scrub until dirt goes away.

You've threatened to call security on me for trespassing in medical when I was cleaning blood off the floor that you and the other doctors were tracking everywhere,

I don't remember this incident, who were you? I remember a similar incident in the past, but it involved sleepywolf.

If i'm throwing you out of medical though, it's for one of two reasons:

1. Some officers have just been cloned, and their equipment, including IDs and weaponry, are lying on the floor

2. Because it's too crowded and getting jostled around is affecting my ability to treat my patients

and you for some reason decide that constantly yelling over the radio in the middle of a sentence is something that needs to be done.

If i'm doing that, (and i fully admit to doing it), it's either because there's something critical going on that demands my attention, or as an intentional show of disrespect towards your character. I'm deliberately rude sometimes. Specifics might be needed

You've gotten hostages killed by reporting they're being attacked over the radio,

Isn't this an IC issue? I was warned two days ago by officer centurion for announcing someone getting hurt and their position over the radio (I didn't realise they were an antag) which cause them to turn off their suit sensors. It's an IC action with an IC consequence

and you've somehow managed to lack any sort of knowledge over the code procedure as well, given you were ordering people to turn their sensors up completely during a code blue, saying "it's required".

I got my information from admins, and i have ahelped sometimes to confirm it. The information i've been told is:

Code Green: No sensor requirement

Code Blue: Sensors must be set to at least vitals tracker

Code Red: Sensors must be set to tracking beacon

As far as i'm aware this information is correct, and i've been acting on what i was told. If there's conflicting sources for this information, perhaps we should have a thread for admins/loredevs to hash it out and writeup and official regulation.

as different characters that are actually the exact same character,

I don't, i'm interested in, and working on, differentiating them. Apologies if i'm failing so far, i will try harder, and advice to that effect is appreciated.

then you're really the wrong place. I'd say,

I've tried other places, i'm pretty sure aurora suits me best, i don't want to leave here.

if you really want to make an effort and have Nanako as a CMO, then scrap the other Nanakos, and just play her,

I'd rather not, but i'm considering this option

This application alone has completely ruined my game of "How Many Nanakos are there now?"

The answer is four, and it'll remain that way aside from single-round throwaway characters i make for testing or maybe antagging.

I'll be frank, I haven't taken great joy in the character concept since Janitoko started cutting down on Mediko's screen-time.

Sorry :( I really like her. Her actions are usually peripheral to the round's goings on, and not at all critical, but i still find plenty to do without the constant stress of 'people are going to die if X isn't done right now', so i find her kind of relaxing.

But yeah. Since Magojiro's quickly gone from being an intern that knows surgery and chemistry to a nurse who knows only most surgeries and offers to assist virology, I can see her shift to a CMO who knows how to apply bandages as the next natural progression.

You missed a step, she's currently a full Medical Doctor capable of all surgery, although tries to defer to specialists where possible. I made sure this was okay, and got garnascus's explicit approval. I also made sure he was well aware that i'd mention his name if questioned, so if there's any problem with this talk to him.

Chemistry is currently not allowed, and the only chemistry i do is converting already-made chemical liquids into pills.

Also, please stop advancing character ages to make them viable candidates for more jobs.

No.

This is actually, exactly what we're told to do. Both in the skills guide, and in the words from the mouths of admins and moderators directly. To excuse a more skilled character, raise their age.

I've seen Doctor Nanako repairing prosthetic limbs

I swear to you, this did not happen. Magojiro does not replace prosthetics, period. She sends them to robotics or engineering, or sometimes calls one of those people to medical. I have a well practised ritual of not fixing prosthetics, which includes never carrying the necessary tools to do it.

I may have been standing next to someone while an engineer repaired them, or it may have been johannesen you saw, but i'm certain magojiro didn't do it

and using tools to hack her way into Chemistry because there were no Chemists.

You are right, i did do this, and her construction skill doesn't allow it (I didn't hack the door, i disassembled the windows and grille). This was breaking character and i apologise, it was a mistake and i won't do it again.

You were doing the Chemistry only a few days ago, so you obviously haven't stopped.

As per previous post, the only chemistry i do is making pills out of already-existing bottles, i was allowed to do this even as a nurse.

We do always get on well and I wasn't trying to offend you personally but my 'torturous' comment was more a follow on from this:

That wouldn't be a very pleasant round for me OOC if this was the person who was running my department.

if someone isn't dying in the next few minutes, i'll usually be open to talking about things a bit in looc. Overworking certain points is something i'll try to reduce

That is true but remember that there are alternatives to entering which I stated as "Synthetics units and/or Personell with access". If they fail to assist you without a proper reason they can always be dealt with by Security.

agreed, as said i probably shouldn't have it in those situations, i'll use more restraint in future

Also this still doesn't sweettalk the fact that you always seem to wander around with that axe despite being told not to mulitple times already.

You would have noticed me carrying it a LOT in that last changeling round, and that's because i fully intended to murder someone with it, though i never got the chance (changelings are, canonically, a murderous creature that's killed your character and is now imitating them, so this would have been fine)

Both have the same appearance,

Magojiro is typically seen in a medical belt and webbing, laiden down with syringes and chems. Lately a labcoat when i don't have to be the stand-in paramedic.

Weiss always wears a black jumpskirt, white armband, white gloves, and black shoes, it's very intentionally close to a maid outfit

identical personalities

FWIW, you may have noticed, Dr Magojiro is generally less respectful, except to people she likes and/or direct superiors.

Weiss is polite to everyone

I recall Weiss once visiting Medbay to request a Nurse hat which would only make the borders between the characters even more blurry.

Magojiro never actually wore the nurse hat, even during her time as a Nurse, The first thing i always did upon spawning was throw it in the nearest disposal, because it interferes with a medical voidsuit helmet.

A good word of advice would be, make a clean start. Remove all the Nanakos BUT the original (which iirc would be Nanako Magojiro.).

Well, call me silly, but i like the name.

Give yourself some time and space to deeply think through other characters. Let's take your Engineer for example: You want them to be an asshole? Good! Try to give them that kind of personality. Make sure to give the impression they really are some anti-social twat who only comes because "muh money" or any other reason for why they are one to begin with.

Why does naming pose a barrier to any of this though ?But yes i'm working on that

The thing is that they are guilty /untill/ proven otherwise in most cases. But I'm talking about odd interactions in which I recall you questioning my character's actions with any lacking evidence or incidents which would hint to my character being an antag/criminal etc.

I don't recall Dr Wald being antag very often, i there any other character? I remember having a big argument about voidsuit storage, other thing kind of fade into the fuzziness of memory

Then there were times when you quickly assume an AI of being rogue when it is unable to comply with a certain command coming from your character(s).

That is true, but i could also be wrong. I could spend the entire round thinking the AI has gone crazy, while cultists slowly sacrifice and convert the entire station. In fact i have done that several times. when wierd stuff happens, its logical to suspect someone or something, if i can't reliably pick who, then i don't see an issue there.

As I said don't take this the wrong way. But I think the best way to deal with all the negative feedback is by using this to reflect on yourself and think about your playstyle/RP. If there is a RPer which you trust to be not only good at the gameplay itself but their Roleplaying skills appear of good quality, then do ask them for feedback through the Byond pager for example or perhaps share a Skype chat with them as they can provide you advice. (All though I don't recommend Skyping in the middle of a round.)

may do this, thank you

All the complaints here are valid.

I've never once seen a CMO offer a random as fuck person who isn't even important to NT's interests a death alarm implant.

Everyone gets salty when a Nursing Intern goes ahead and implants themselves for their own selfish reasons , instead of being realistic.

I feel like the death alarms have lost their purpose without blueshields , and the like though , that i agree on.

Nanako themself is a strong community figure with an open mind and a good idea of a social security net. True, their lack of different characters and character personalities are a large let down when looking for a Head of Staff, but there are some qualities that do shine. Their altruism and ability to stand out as a leader in trying situations is certainly a strong point that plays against the lack of RP, but isn't enough. I would personally say that they need more work with Rp and more characters and character development before going for a Head of Staff. Though, I think they still have a chance.

Keep up the good work! Positive and open minded people like you are something everyone needs more of!

There are some valid points that I have noticed in this thread:

* There are so many Nanako´s, sometimes its hard to keep track of them. (Running gag on the server: Get your own Nanako for 20 Bucks now)

* There was some power-gaming, but its gone now (She used to set the medbay smes herself. I bwoinked her as a CE and since then she stopped doing it, That happened quite a while ago)

But I would like to add a few positive/neutral points:

* She knows her stuff. (If medbay nanako is around I know that I wont be thrown into cryo with my hardsuit on, I know that I will be fixed and walk out again after a few minutes)

* She listens if you tell her what she can improve (After I explained to her that its not her job to setup the medbay smes, she stopped doing it)

* I think its perfectly fine to do a poll to ask for everyone's opinion on a controversial topic (Optimal Chem recipes)

* Ageing a character to fit a role / qualification is perfectly fine. (As long as it isn't done too often; I have done this once with my CE)

* She has gone through all the steps from intern, to nurse, to doctor and now to CMO (Which I think is a very good thing and I would love to see it more often; As a CE I even encourage this, by promoting people that I think are ready for a more responsible role out of the apprentice position into a more demanding job.)

* I didn´t even know that medbay had death implants and I have never received an offer to get one as a CE. And if it is in a general storage area, why shouldn't a doctor offer to implant people ? (If it should be something only the CMO should be doing, then why are the implants not in the CMO´s office ?)

So to sum it up:

* You should rally cut down on the amount of nanakos (Just keep the medical nanako)

* Continue to listen to feedback you receive and you will make a good cmo.

* I havnt seen you enough in engineering to say that you are ready as CE.

* But I think we should give you the option to become a CMO and grow into the job. (Under the condition that you cut down on the amount of nanakos thats running around)

OOCly I think Nanako would make a good Head of Staff, they work to make sure that they understand their department well and try to see to it that they are doing their job efficiently. All of my interactions with Nanako on server have been positive, I like knowing she's in a department if I need help from them because I know someone, at the very last, will be trying hard to fix whatever problem I have. Just as well, I've seen her multiple times trying to teach people new to medical and she has high standards when it comes to the others working with her, all good qualities of a Head. Though, I don't personally have an issue with the Nanako Collectibles I can see why so many do and why this app is so controversial. I can definitely see Nanako playing well as a Head, and one of the only real complaint I have is how hard they can dig into one side of an argument and how hard it can be to change their mind. However, at the same time it makes sense that people would want Nanako to play for longer and try and vary their character list a bit more. Obviously I want to give Nanako a +1 but at this point all I can really do is put my thoughts down.