[RESOLVED]Complaint about CommanderXor

BYOND Key:Wesmas

Game ID: baQXXf

Player Byond Key: CommanderXor

Staff involved:The Muncorn

Reason for complaint: Various issues. Rules such as 'Dont be a dick', abusing the cross departmental knowlege system, ignoring pain, tendencies for power/meta gamey asspects and not doing his job in a way I consider satisfactory.

I feel the need to explain what I have said in detail, because its not been one large breach of the rules here. Rather, I feel the overall effect of the character, Edward Cane, does not meet the standards the comunity expects. I feel Cane is played far too agressivly, and without propper balance of character. From what I have seen of his head app, he has three medical degrees, as well as working in security a great deal if the time. His IC explanation for this might cut it on a lower RP server, but I dont feel it makes sense in the universe we are supposed to play in.

I have tried to mention these issues to the player in OOC before, when a discussion about Cane has been happening. But CommanderXor doesnt seem to change anything about his character. I also feel this behaviour is slowly getting worse.

Personally, I feel a few steps could improve this situation and make him a character I dislike, rather than one that makes me want to leave the round. 1) Keep him to one department. 2) Tone back on the agressivness and general attitude of superiority. 3) Re-evaluation of how Cane responds to threats and pain. I have had cane at gun-point as an antag and he still tries to play hero.

Ultimatly, I dont feel good about making this thread, but I dont think I can not any more. I find Cane toxic and he acticly makes me not want to play in my favorite department, security.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? Yes, The Muncorn suggested I created a complaint, hence this thread.

Approximate Date/Time: 11:00 AM GMT 05/11/2016.

Hi again!

Right, on to the topic at hand.

People have had a go at me for playing both medical and security, despite the fact I have been told several times by moderators that security cadetship literally takes a single month to complete. People have also brought up the fact 'If he is so well know ledged in medical work, why do security as well?' it boils down to one point. Personal opinion. He wants to work in security but he doesn't let medical go to waste. You don't run up to a guy who ended up getting a degree who works somewhere else and having a go at them about it. He purely wants to work in both fields, which may seem like a issue OOCly, but really isn't a IC issue at any point.

As for 'toxicity'. That hasn't spread anywhere OOCly, it's purely a IC issue and really shouldn't be handled OOCly. If you're talking about how he insults certain individuals and dislikes other, again, that is mostly (99% of the time) from IC interactions with others. Oscar Rockwell for example, he has been a thorn in Cane's side pretty much every shift they have interacted with each other. I have at no point been toxic OOCly.

Powergaming, how? You don't say how, you just say 'He has been powergaming'. If you're talking about last night where you held me at gun point, you have to consider several things. One, I had my back to you when you walked up behind me in the hall. I couldn't of seen a gun held against me from such a distance AND turned away. You told me to drop my radio, and I had my vest on. Nothing stopping me from reaching up towards the radio and pulling something from my vest. It seems dickish OOCly, sure, you can call it that. But ICly I couldn't of seen the weapon and my own weapon was in easy reach.

Metagaming, literally how? How have I metagamed at all?

As for pain/threats. He tries to survive when he can. There has been plenty of times where he has surrendered or given up. /Plenty/. Granted most of the time when I have done that I've just been killed so it loses its factor of doing it the rest of the time. But I do react to it a lot. Inside of action however, not so much. If I am in a active gunfight with adrenalin running through my veins, I might not really notice that stun round until it takes me down.

The aggressiveness and superiority thing? Purely IC. Seriously, if someone wants to act all superior against another race(Which Cane /hardly/ ever does. It's normally towards people he dislikes.) and is a general aggressive asshole to people he dislikes. That is a IC thing. As I've stated before, this has never spilled over in to L/OOC. I keep it purely IC, because it is a IC thing.

As for the three departments thing, that was a joke. I get so much flack for two, a third would be suicide. Hence why I said it I added a ':3' at the end, should be clear it was a joke.

That should cover most if not all the points you have presented.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Security cadet training:

Completed 4 week Security cadet-ship and passed the written exam, or 2+ years experience in security or law-enforcement related position(s).

But security officer and medical doctor are two specialized fields. A police officer does not have additional qualifications to be a medical doctor, for example.

If staff cleared the credentials then I guess that's something, I can only repeat what is established for our job guides.

If Cane were a Skrell, or 55 years old, then it could fly without any problems (from a perspective of being reasonable).

A more reasonable solution would be to knock Cane down to just have EMT qualifications. I do not see how someone as young as Cane can work full time as a security officer while getting a doctorate... Or studying to be a police officer while being a doctor? Again, that sort of super-dedication is something Skrell get a free pass on.

Of course, anything I say above can be overruled by admins or head-dev.

My personal experiences with Cane is that he's extremely quick to trigger. Of course he has a bizarrely high rate of being antag, so I don't really encounter him being non-antag, so I can't say much. Any complaints I have would be really biased or unfair because of the antag-ness, but he is pretty belligerent.

EDIT:

I encountered him as a non-antag and he was ok i guess so take this last part with a grain of salt

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

About Cane's skills and job; commanderxor has been told by myself to fix and make more believable Cane's records and skills. That pretty much means, it is really unlikely you will see that character in the same positions, keeping the same records, knowledge or age anymore.

On the matter of Cane being security, he has said several times IC that he does it because he likes the power. Thats not something that is good for an officer. I also know he is an agressive character, but I belive it has gone a tad beyond what is beliveable for an adult who is in a profesional workplace. I have seen Cane tearing off an officers tags and crushing them for no reason. Thats beyond being quick to anger, that seems to be an almost insane level of hatred for the people you work with. Do I want Cane to disapear, no. I enjoy hating him, it is interesting to have an agressive officer in the department. But I do think he needs to be improved, to fit into a workplace and a realistic person who might conceivably be working on the station. I imagine some level of psychiatric testing would be done before being sent to a station, and I think Cane would fail because he is simply too volitile to be allowed to work on a confined station.

I also know he is an aggressive character, but I believe it has gone a tad beyond what is believable for an adult who is in a professional workplace. I have seen Cane tearing off an officers tags and crushing them for no reason. That's beyond being quick to anger, that seems to be an almost insane level of hatred for the people you work with. ... I do think he needs to be improved, to fit into a workplace and a realistic person who might conceivably be working on the station. I imagine some level of psychiatric testing would be done before being sent to a station, and I think Cane would fail because he is simply too volatile to be allowed to work on a confined station.

I've seen this officer actually tell people their friends got shot dead while processing them. I've seen him tack on multiple charges for a single infraction. I've seen him jump to people who he thought he could start a fight with and try to instigate situations that would lead to an arrest. And that's all in the same round as a non-antagonist.

With this information in mind, I believe we should all start watching for Cane and his antics. Sometimes he acts in ways that are interestingly rude or force crew interactions, but other times he goes too far.

I'm sure that CX has no OOC gripe with anyone and I am sure that being talked to will lead him to try to have Cane be slightly less "shitcurity" by default.

I'm positive he'll also see the flaws with being "Doctor Officer Cane" if he thinks on it.

There is also Dr/Sec/QM Lukas Chapman.

Lukas Chapman from what I recall is no longer that anymore, as he's revised his character after suggestions and questions regarding his character, this was all done prior to their command white list application as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...