Don't hug me i'm scared

Have you ever tried to suddenly hug people that are not ready for it or that don't want your hug? Socially awkward people will understand what i'm talking about, others will have to use their imagination. Basically a hug is a very complex motion that requires you to violently invade and completely overtake other human's personal space. A natural reaction to some stranger who does that is backing off, protecting yourself. A simple half a step backwards or a slight extending of one's arm makes the bear grapple of a hug practically impossible and if you wanted to carry through with your hug despite the recieving person taking countermeasures you'd have to tackle them (which is basically the more agressive version of a hug). So what's the point here you might ask?

The suggestion is to change the help intent clicking on people to a somewhat neutral emote, moving a hug to the typed emotes section. Currently there's no way to stop full auto machinegun hugging which is unrealistic and unimmersive. Something that can't really be prevented yet still would display your helpful intentions towards others would fit much better.

This is what i had in mind to substitute hug-assault but alternative ideas are always welcomed (like nods, smiles, hugs, offering a handshake, friendly slap on the back, fistbumb etc.)

- Urist pats Bob on the shoulder encouragingly

A pat on the shoulder is pretty neutral, does not invade personal space as much, is hard to evade and is not too casual for a workplace.

On the flip side it'd be rather hilarious to get friendly-noogied by a security officer mid-combat because they're on the wrong intent.

Anything that adds interesting flavor would be totally fine by me. Optional stuff that harms nothing if anyone wanted to actually put effort into this.

Guest Menown

Can't wait to sensually pet.

delete this.

I support petting. Can't wait to start getting angry because people won't stop fucking petting me.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gem locked this topic