Jump to content

Dreamix

Members
  • Posts

    791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dreamix

  1. I doubt these people actually exist and approach you with these things - and even if they do, that is irrelevant, as it is your private space, and not the actual community. Maybe you have used to be an active and positively impactful member of the community in the past, but in the public space in the current days, I only see you either: posting memes, engaging in short talks that are not related to SS13 or Aurora in the slightest (like cats or whatever), or engaging in these heated discussions that are the main point of this complaint. You can say a thousand times that your views are sincere, and you want Aurora to be better, and mention how many people you help in DMs. But if you yourself admit you do not actually play the game and only "experience" it through streams and hearsay, that is all irrelevant. As someone else in that discussion have said, "investment in the community is evidence of good intent". There is zero investment, so I do not think your "critique" of Aurora is provided in good intent.
  2. BYOND Key: my discord username: "dreamykass" Game ID: N/A Player Byond Key/Character name: their discord username: "porbo" Staff involved: A few days ago I have messaged Yonnimer with some sus messages of porbo, but other than that, staff and moderation commonly engage with porbo in the main discord. Like yesterday, Alberyk, and many others. So, staff should be familiar with porbo. Reason for complaint: Firstly. I've seen on many occasions porbo posting some sus or insane or borderline rule-breaking stuff. This is stuff that does not immediately deserve a ban, no, but it's hella weird, and I do not think it would be particularly welcoming for any new players to see when joining the server. They have already been striken for this in the past, search "mentions:porbo strike" in the main discord. See spoiler for some screenshots - I only have these, cause I'm not online all the time, I've only started saving these a few days ago, and porbo is active almost literally every single day, so I'd rather not be log scraping the 89 pages of their messages in the past month alone. Secondly. I have seen multiple conversations like these in the past, where porbo is wasting everyone's time, by bad-faith arguing, while at the same time admitting they do not even play the server, and showcasing complete lack of understanding how Aurora (community, lore, etc) looks like in the current day. On multiple occasions I have seen the general chat be tied up in these porbo conversations for hours, with people coming and going as they engage and try to defend against porbo's baseless accusations about the state of Aurora. Commonly porbo also shows this kind of "concern" for Aurora, where they claim they wish Aurora well. I do not believe it is genuine at all, and it is concern trolling. See spoiler for assorted screenshots from the conversation from yesterday. The problem is the whole conversation and how porbo engages with the discord server, and not the specific messages, and like I can't screenshot the whole conversation, can I? Here's link to somewhere in the middle of it yesterday: https://discord.com/channels/157516682288562176/157531783779319808/1123400115877576735 Thirdly. The reason for this complaint, is I believe porbo has a negative impact on the server and the community. Sure, I could just ignore or block them, but I still do not want to see *other* people wasting their time like that. Including new people who have just joined the server or whatever, and who get to see porbo going on a massive rant about how Aurora is awful and Aurora players are bad. Honestly, I genuinely believe, porbo is some elaborate scheme to troll us, waste everyone's time, shitpost on massive scale. It is genuinely baffling to me how they have not been banned yet, and how even admins engage in these "conversations" with porbo. Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time?: N/A Approximate Date/Time: See screenshots above, but other than that, it's an ongoing situation, and not just a one-off incident.
  3. With my design, horizon's refinery would be untouched, so they could process a portion of the ore on the Spark, and the rest on Horizon.
  4. But why does the mining shuttle need to be so huge? Two airlocks take up a lot of space, but ultimately are redundant. Living space or medbay as well. Miners should still have some reason to do stuff on Horizon, and shouldn't be self-sufficient with a shuttle that can take care of all their needs. If what's really truly needed, is just a way for miners to process materials in transit, then the refinery thingy would be very easy to add to the current shuttle. See my suggested layouts above.
  5. If anyone has any other ideas, or better sprites for the dance floor, I'd be fine with it. Personally I do not like the tree there. It just looks silly, in the middle of the dining room, with how huge the sprite is. It looks as if our rooms had absurdly high ceilings, like 10 meters or something. If someone made a smaller sprite for the tree, I'd be fine with it I guess. I'd love a small holodeck with different service themed rooms there (dining room, piano, dance floor, etc), but I don't really feel like code digging to figure out how to add a third holodeck. Anyone else could also open up another PR with the tree.
  6. https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/16290 Put up a PR to replace it with a bigger table. I don't like the look of the tree being put there, cause like. Tree in a dining room. A big tree. It's weird.
  7. I'd really prefer if consulars and liaisons both were in roughly the same place, near the bridge. It's nice and centralized that way, and they're both welcome in the bridge (until they are eventually kicked out). Putting the consular office somewhere else, I feel would only communicate that they are not welcome in the bridge. I've put up yet another layout (6). Mainly eliminating the hallway between the big meeting room and the helm. Which also makes it so the captain can have a peek into the meeting room. Also there's a bridge teleporter, but like, I'm not sure I'm feeling it tbh.
  8. Just had a thought. I think it would be better to split the changes into different PRs. One being engineering changes, another being AI, and the last being bridge layout. Why? So this as a whole is not stuck in discussion hell, as the bridge layout is kinda divisive, and so it's going to block everything else. Like for the engineering changes, with tcomms moved out of the bridge, you could fill that part of the bridge with firefoam, or add some crates and building materials, or literally anything there.
  9. No it's not rude, lol. Just because it was suggested and a few people liked it, doesn't mean everyone needs to follow that suggestion. IMO consuls have much bigger potential for fun stuff than liaisions, but that's just my opinion, and nothing more than that. Ultimately I am here only just mocking stuff up to experiment with different layouts. I've put up some more proposed layouts in the first post, with two offices for consuls and liaisons each.
  10. I've put up a second, different proposed layout, that slightly rearranges stuff to give the captain some more window space. On the first layout I was primarily reiterating on the layout from the original thread, so like, yeah. I'll put up a third proposed layout maybe tomorrow, with the captain's office/quarters just not being changed from as it is currently. Yes. Honestly, I do not think two liason slots would be a whole lot better than just one. Liasions represent the corporations, of which we have seven, and I don't think they have a whole ton of interesting interactions between them. At best, it's just some rivalry, but even then they all have different niches. For example, Idris security does take different jobs than Zavod or PMCG. Compared to consuls, who represent our nations/factions, and also their sub-factions/planets/etc (like Coalition consul can be from Himeo, or also from Konyang, and they'll both be very different from each other. I think there's like infinitely more interesting interactions between different consular officers, than it is between any two liaisons. There's also the issue that I do not see any nice way to fit two liaison offices there.
  11. "Bridge Changes:" at the end of the first post. It's not finished ofc. But. I cannot say I like this layout: - Captain's area is looking really huge, taking like almost a quarter of the bridge, and it looks like it'd have a weird shape too. - Corporate liaison/representative office is kinda okay, I guess. They're trusted to live in the bridge, as they're SCC. I'd prefer them to be visible from outside of the bridge though. - Consular office has no place inside the bridge. They're not there to assist command, and are only invited into the bridge if command is feeling nice to them, and can be kicked out for any reason they like. Consuls primarily deal with other crew, and are there to roleplay with them. Consular office should be visible from the open-access hallways, so crew even know who's in, as consuls often hang up their flags on their windows, and so crew can just knock on the window/door and come inside. - I'd also really like to see two consular offices. This layout pretty much locks consuls to just one office, with no room or way to expand to a second one. - I'd prefer the storage room to be a little bit bigger, as right now it's going to be very cramped with the tables and lockers, or whatever can be put there, now or in the future. - I also do not like the 2-tile-wide hallway between the meeting room and the main bridge hallway. Not sure what could be done about it though. - The journalist office is huge, for some reason. - I really hate the stargazer. It just looks weird there and out of place. I'd really love to see it gone, and replaced with something that actually has any function or purpose. The stargazer takes up at least 5x5 tiles of space. I hate it. Alternative layout to this one, that I quickly mocked up, that I think would be better.
  12. Disclaimer: This is just mockups and experimentation of different possible layouts for the bridge, to eventually maybe find one that could potentially actually be good. There are many layouts in the spoilers below, some are better, some worse. 1. proposed bridge layout, but bad, capt office with no windows: 2. proposed bridge layout, but also bad, capt with very little windows: 3. consul/liaison proposed layout, with two offices for each: 4. consul/liaison proposed layout, slightly bigger offices for liaisons: 5. proposed bridge layout, with 2 offices for consuls and liasions each, and capt office as it is currently: 6. another layout, with a bridge teleporter, and no hallway between helm and meeting room: Ehh. This is in response to the proposed bridge layout from the above. Separate thread, to not hijack that one.
  13. Ckey/BYOND Username: Dreamixpl Discord Name: Dreamy / Dreamy#8029 Position Being Applied For: coder/mapper (?) Past Experiences/Knowledge: I do not have any experience with SS13 dev work, other than here on Aurora. Currently open PRs: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Adreamyskrell+is%3Aopen+sort%3Acreated-desc Closed PRs: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Adreamyskrell+sort%3Acreated-desc+is%3Aclosed Additional Comments: I am applying, so I could be included in any projects that we are doing, and have the power to help with reviewing/accepting other people's PRs. I do not have a lot of merged PRs, and most of them are QoL stuff, so if this app is not accepted because of that, I would not be sad or anything.
  14. That sounds good to me, yeah. Liaison is like, actually trusted, as they are part of SCC, and I like to think they should act like advisors to command, or at least be welcome in the bridge (until they kicked out). Putting the liasion's office in the bridge would be fine I think. Compared to consulars, who are kinda just there, and are only let into the bridge if command thinks they'd be non-problematic, if even at all.
  15. So... I hate to be that guy. But. The results of the pool? It's kinda been a while now, with no word on its status or anything like that.
  16. The concerns raised by @ReadThisNamePlz and @Hunt are valid, and I somewhat agree. What if, it was just one liaison slot, but two consular slots? I think that would be interesting, and I think consulars are nicer in how many interesting dynamics they can create (PRA vs DPRA consuls, or Imperial vs Coalition, for example), compared to liaisons (where they all are SCC in the end). It would require putting a second consular office somewhere, but these are smaller than liaison's, so yeah.
  17. The core would be (almost?) directly above the SM lol (pretty sure). --- My thoughts for now: I think these changes are okay, but I don't play engineering or AI, so I don't really care all that much about the new locations of AI core or tcomms. AI core is looking nice though. More maintenance is nice too. I'm waiting to see and comment on the bridge changes.
  18. Move telecomms elsewhere. They see zero traffic outside of an engineer experimenting with them like once in 40 rounds or so, and antags messing with tcomms for no reason is a OOC issue. So tcomms do not need to be in the bridge, and can be literally anywhere else. Especially so since they take up so much space. See the pic for the possible remap maybe idea suggestion. This is a quick mockup, but the general idea is there. ??? Profit? I think the feedback for the double consul/liaison suggestion from a while ago was generally positive. Consular officers and corporate executives bring nice roleplay, and would hopefully bring more traffic to the bridge, which is always nice. The only problem with that suggestion, I think, was that it made them share the offices. <https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/15827>
  19. https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/16209 fixed
  20. I think this is too silly. I would hate to see non-antags vent crawling for no reason, or as a "joke", or going to places they should not be going to. I cannot imagine vent crawling as it is suggested to see any use. Both antags and non-antags have other tools to get to places. This is inferior to basically any other such tool. I'd rather people break down a door or wall with a chair, than completely disappear from the game for 5 minutes to vent crawl. I can only imagine it to become just another mechanic that is so niche and underused that only the most veteran players remember it even exists.
  21. https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/16190 CIC/Bunker re-remap.
  22. Are these examples of "bad or uninformed decisions"? Asking, because: - Command in both of these events was fully staffed by experienced players. - This is assuming that bad or uninformed decisions are, well, bad. Things going wrong is a part of the game, and I would find it very lame if everything was going perfectly every time. I've not seen a round be "ruined" by inactive command. I believe this is a non-issue. A whitelist strip like that would only inconvenience players, without really solving any actual problem.
  23. The Good: The different holodeck sets are awesome. The holodeck itself is very nice, and currently very underused. The Okay: I do not particularly care about the removal of the pool, the gym, and the lounge. They see very little use currently, and could be replaced just fine with holodeck sets. I do not really care about the nuke being moved elsewhere. It has absolutely no presence in gameplay, as we do not get the lowRP "nuke ops" that rush the nuke or whatever. I do not think we really need two holodecks. Currently they do not see much use - sure, the new sets could change it, but, I honestly doubt they would bring so many users that holodecks would be constantly occupied. I think just one is enough. Going with the previous concern, I do not feel privacy buttons are needed. People should share, and a privacy lock only encourages people to lock it for themselves for private RP, not interacting with anyone else for extended amount of time. Especially so if window tints are on, so you can't even take a look inside. The Bad: The CIC should be where it is, or roughly there, or maybe put where the nuke is currently. It should be in the center of the ship, so it cannot be hit by other ships aiming at the exterior, and so it cannot be easily broken into from the outside. It should also not be too far from the bridge, so bridge crew can get to it relatively quickly. Yes, it is used very rarely - but if it is in a wrong location, or its layout is bad, it really hurts. We do not want Horizon to be incapacitated by a lucky shot to the bunker during an event, if the bunker is moved to a bad location. I absolutely disagree that the CIC is unimportant, and that its location is "almost entirely irrelevant to its purpose". I really feel like the holodecks are way too "tight". Single door entrance, and single tile "hallway" to enter the holodeck, are very much huge bottlenecks. It would 100% be a pain to do things like team games, lasertag or basketball or whatever, with many people constantly help-shuffling around the tight entrance. Similarly, I feel the areas around the holodeck are too tight and closed-off. There is just barely enough space to connect the central ring hallway to the washroom and locker room. This remap kinda closes off all the empty space up north from any possible expansions, too. Removal of Patience is sad. It was a very comfy and soulful small piece of greenery, and I'd be sad to see it go. The Proposed Solution (?): Something like the image below. Just one holodeck, but, less tight and cramped overall, CIC in a good place, and Patience lives on.
  24. The Good: Xenobiology additions are nice. Xenobotany kinda looks nicer. The Okay: I do not really care about the position of mechanist's workshop. But wasn't it moved to the central ring, so the role could be closer to the people, and hopefully see more engagement? Though putting it near ops could maybe do the same. Dunno. I don't really care either way. The Bad: The overall layout is just... Strange. Currently, science lab is connected to the central ring hallway - this is nice for even the simplest things like saying "hello" while walking past. New science, there is literally zero reason for non-science crew to walk up to science, other than to specifically go there. There isn't even a maint tunnel accessible from new science lobby. This is bad. If science really needs to have a lobby, then it should be directly connected to the central ring. In this remap, it is connected to the elevator hallway, via a waiting room (?) with 3 chairs and 2 vending machines. That waiting room is just weird and useless, and I cannot imagine anyone using it ever. Its only purpose seems like is to make the way from central ring to science longer. Telesci lab is at the front and connected to the new lobby, but it sees basically no use ever, so. Why? It's just space that could be better used by literally anything else. This remap somewhat removes/reduces some maintenance tunnels. Like behind xenobio. New science has that hallway ring around the conference room. It's really useless and a waste of space, and does not connect anything. The whole U shape under the new conference room could be replaced with maintenance. The "airlock" connecting new sci lobby and the rest of science is really strange. It is going to do nothing else, but annoy anyone walking through there. Especially since it is basically a 4-tiles-long 1-tile-wide tight corridor. I second Limette's concerns. Science should be easily accessible to non-sci crew, so they can easily get to the lower science deck, be allowed to participate in experiments, and the like. Currently it takes something like 22 tiles to get from central hallway to the science elevator. This remap pushes it to something like 51, more than double than currently. I do not like the new mechanist workshop protruding from the hull, like the new brig does. I really hate it breaking up the nice and smooth hull of Horizon. It looks really bad aesthetically. Like at that point we might as well abandon the nice smooth angled walls, and make everything blocky. Overall, I do not think this is an improvement over current science. It makes it more isolated, and the layout more complicated for no reason.
  25. https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/16120
×
×
  • Create New...