Change 'Americana' back to 'United Americas'

Azande

Americana is a dumb word. It looks like Jackboot went America-Canada and made that the name of North-South-Central America.

Worse so is that Americana is already a word, describing tacky American shite.

Change it back to United Americas or use an alternative and BETTER name.

I second replacing the name "Americana", but United Americas is worse. It's only one, North America, so how is it "United Americas"? To me it seems like an awful attempt to emulate (pre-)cold-war era fiction like 1984 by redrawing political boundaries at will and giving them cool, pithy names, but all it does is demonstrate an utter lack of understanding of why geopolitical boundaries are where they are.

I'll tell you why it's United America's, because we have graciously spread Democracy and cheeseburgers to every corner of that great rock we call Earth and everyone should show their unbridled solidarity and appreciation by uniting under our flawless freedoms and not at all abhorrent late stage capitalism. (Eagle Scream)

13 hours ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

There are three states on earth. With all other planets United under OWGs that is more than enough. 

Please note, in support or nah, this thread is asking for a rename -- Not a one world government, and not even a new American government.

22 hours ago, MoondancerPony said:

I second replacing the name "Americana", but United Americas is worse. It's only one, North America, so how is it "United Americas"? To me it seems like an awful attempt to emulate (pre-)cold-war era fiction like 1984 by redrawing political boundaries at will and giving them cool, pithy names, but all it does is demonstrate an utter lack of understanding of why geopolitical boundaries are where they are.

Americana actually includes all three of the Americas, the United Americas did not originally but would now I assume. I'm only suggesting the name be changed, no reverting back to the old geography.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

It cant be united americas because that entity was replaced as a government.

How about Gran Americana. Americana is a term used to describe artifacts and history of the usa and the americas.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
5 hours ago, Butterrobber202 said:

why can’t it be boring, we don’t have to call each continent “Americainfluezacapcino”, what matters is that know what we're talking about and being practical 

The current name fits your criteria. 

24 minutes ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

The current name fits your criteria. 

Well, good to know that I'm not the only one that think Americana should be on a Starbuck menu instead of the name of a nation. 

I do not really have an opinion about what it should be called, it could be a totally fake name for what I'm concerned (which is not much), but Americana does have a bad sound to it.

• Gem locked this topic