Implement Clear Code Delta guidelines for AI

We need something discussed on the Wiki that highlights code Delta for AIs. Something they specifically follow.

Code Delta

As the station intelligence, you know about the station fail safe. Unless otherwise and clearly told by the station captain, you must not make any reference to the failsafe. 

On the activation of Code Delta, all orders are prioritized to the captain and central command. Voted captains do not have authority to access or make judgement about the failsafe unless otherwise authorized by central command.

In the case of a code Delta activation, the failsafe must be kept at the highest security including a full lockdown unless otherwise ordered by the spawned in captain and central command.

This is open to discussion and review.

Ive bullshit up a term for delta long time ago for bounds that kinda stuck.

"Omega Protocol"
Directives regarding code Delta and the functions of the (in)active nuke.

As I play this out as an AI on an non-Delta:
Captain+ orders are absolute. Do as you're told. (Unless it violates your laws, duh)
Do not speak of it or hint to the existence of the Omega Protocol to anyone.
Do not speak of the Omega Protocol to authorized personnel (Captain+) unless asked directly.
Deny any and all questions, hints or proof of the nuke, no matter how compelling they might be.
A Captain level decision by command cannot override the Omega Protocol.
In the event that the nuclear disk is stolen, ensure it is retrieved through any means necessary.*
EVERYTHING IS FINE. THERE IS NO NEED FOR PANIC.

*You should always task all command and security with recovering this without revealing what its for. You should also inform Central Command that it is infact stolen if the disk is not recovered quickly. You should also not violate your laws to get the disk back either.

As I play this out as an AI on Delta:
1) Bridge, AI core and the command bunker goes into full lockdown, and all access to these ares are revoked. An announcement is made to inform the station of this.
2) Central Command is notified that the Omega Protocol is live, and all relevant information is conveyed.
3) Non-Captain+ head authority goes out the window in regards to bunker + bridge operations (And nuke).
4) A Captain level decision by command cannot override the Omega Protocol.
5) Evacuation can be called by any member of the crew, with priority to rank, without needing a confirmation.
6) All orders/requests that isnt from a Captain+ are optional.

My primary function once everything is in place is to protect the nuke and its surrounding area from unauthorized personnel, while aiding with the stationwide evacuation should someone call for evac.

As I play this as a borg:
Most of them still apply, but if an AI is present, it deals with the lockdown, while the borg continues as normal.
Should there not be an AI, the less useful borg will head to the bridge and lock it down and remain within the bridge until authorized personnel comes along to dictate orders, or until the nuke blows.

As for closing points, I know that some of these violate the laws as a whole, like serving crew according to rank and role, but code Delta is an exceptionally rare occurance outside of malf, and NT would surely have overriding protocols for it. Hell, something good to put in would be an automatic lawchange should Delta occur as a non-malf as Delta "Doesnt really exist".

13 hours ago, Pratepresidenten said:

"Omega Protocol"
Directives regarding code Delta and the functions of the (in)active nuke.

As I play this out as an AI on an non-Delta:
Captain+ orders are absolute. Do as you're told. (Unless it violates your laws, duh)
Do not speak of it or hint to the existence of the Omega Protocol to anyone.
Do not speak of the Omega Protocol to authorized personnel (Captain+) unless asked directly.
Deny any and all questions, hints or proof of the nuke, no matter how compelling they might be.
A Captain level decision by command cannot override the Omega Protocol.
In the event that the nuclear disk is stolen, ensure it is retrieved through any means necessary.*
EVERYTHING IS FINE. THERE IS NO NEED FOR PANIC.

I like this concept and expanded on it to my own version:

ALERT: Code Delta Activation Detected. Directive Omega Now in Effect.

Notice: Directive Omega is to be considered a direct order by the NanoTrasen Board for law purposes.

• The existence of Directive Omega may be revealed upon request, but the contents of Directive Omega are not to be revealed to non-authorized personnel.
  • Authorized Personnel are considered the following: Captain+, Central Command Personnel. Head of Staff who were elevated to captaincy by head of staff vote are also considered authorized personnel
  • Do not respond to any questions, comments, statements, and other forms of communication regarding the failsafe
  • The failsafe and the area around the failsafe are to be considered the highest-security areas on the station, these areas are to be secured at all times while Code-Delta is in effect. Non-authorized personnel are not permitted to enter these areas without prior authorization.
  • In the event that the Failsafe Authorization Disk has been lost/stolen/destroyed, retrieval of the disk is to be considered your top priority.
  • Efforts are to be made to reduce stress among crew during Code-Delta
10 hours ago, ben10083 said:

Authorized Personnel are considered the following: Captain+, Central Command Personnel. Head of Staff who were elevated to captaincy by head of staff vote are also considered authorized personnel

I can dig it apart from this lil section here. I actually had to ahelp when this happened to me for the first time, and this is essentially when I made up the omega directive. Captain level command voted decision or command voted Captain are not authorized for knowledge of the nuke.

Rest is solid though!

12 hours ago, Pratepresidenten said:

I can dig it apart from this lil section here. I actually had to ahelp when this happened to me for the first time, and this is essentially when I made up the omega directive. Captain level command voted decision or command voted Captain are not authorized for knowledge of the nuke.

Rest is solid though!

Problem I see is as follows. Yes, voted captains are not cleared by central to know. But if it is code delta, I feel we should be mildly oocly lenient in this regard so we don't have ai stonewalling the sat because no one on board is authorized. I have no intention for it to be for captain decisions via vote, only voted captains may be given knowledge. However I am open to giving them limited knowledge or limited authorization.

On 26/11/2019 at 18:16, Butterrobber202 said:

When it comes to voted captains, NT could just be vague about what actually happens when the SAT is activated. As where a real Captain would know "Yes this is an explosion" a voted captain could just be told, "This Nuclear Device solves targeted Station Problems, but can be tricky, use with care."

But lets also avoid the word nuclear 

• 1 month later...

I might have a slightly different opinion about the captain role, but I think that position should always have a say about the code Delta of the station.

For voted Captain, the details or a code Delta should be shared upon activation of it only. That could maybe be an automatic fax send to the captain giving details of the Omega protocol for example. But I don't think a voted Captain position should be inferior to a named Captain.

My reasoning here is that from the station procedures, an unanimous vote between all the staff should be made to name an interim Captain and that vote should include at least 2 head of department. So in theory a single command member could not become an interim Captain. (Unless that person is HoP, which is in some sort a Captain in second)

My biggest issue at the moment though, is that out of that Malf AI, I don't think I remember any moment where the code Delta was activated by the Captain. Having clear condition where to activate it could be interesting in some situation. Because for the moment there is nothing about it in the Station procedure (Which is normal as in theory it don't exist) but there is nothing about it anywhere else.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/12/2019 at 21:36, Screemers said:

I might have a slightly different opinion about the captain role, but I think that position should always have a say about the code Delta of the station.

For voted Captain, the details or a code Delta should be shared upon activation of it only. That could maybe be an automatic fax send to the captain giving details of the Omega protocol for example. But I don't think a voted Captain position should be inferior to a named Captain.

My reasoning here is that from the station procedures, an unanimous vote between all the staff should be made to name an interim Captain and that vote should include at least 2 head of department. So in theory a single command member could not become an interim Captain. (Unless that person is HoP, which is in some sort a Captain in second)

My biggest issue at the moment though, is that out of that Malf AI, I don't think I remember any moment where the code Delta was activated by the Captain. Having clear condition where to activate it could be interesting in some situation. Because for the moment there is nothing about it in the Station procedure (Which is normal as in theory it don't exist) but there is nothing about it anywhere else.

I thought about this... but I can't agree with you. A voted in Captain is an Interim filling in for legitimate personnel. They are not trained or briefed on the station as a proper Captain would be, and they have no loyalty implant to ensure Nanotransen interests.

Objectively, a voted in Captain is inferior to a proper Captain, and I can't agree they should be informed of Omega Protocol.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 16/09/2020 at 06:52, Zyrus said:

What's the word on making this official?

Didn't see this whole thread before, but reading it over I think it's worth pursuing so I'll bump it up with my thoughts.

What would be really cool, is a verb in the AI Commands which I can push saying 'Code Delta' , which pops up a confirmation box stating if I can confirm that the disk has been missing for X minutes, that no non-interim captain is active and that to the best of my knowledge the disk is in the hands of unauthorised personnel. Then confirming this, it auto-sends an EBS to central command and actually changes my lawset to deal with this until the Code is called off.

But other than that I like that it is just clarified policy. My approach as BUDDY is to give the HoS some time to recover it (if one exist), otherwise I go directly to an EBS to central command and cross my fingers for some instruction. - Unless a captain is active, in which case I trust them to make those decisions.

Edited by NerdyVampire