ReBranded Player Complaint: PootisManiac

BYOND Key: UnknownMurder (Nuclear Operative: Snake)

Player Byond Key PootisManiac (Rin Fukuimoto) EDIT: Including Jimmy due to 2nd Post, I've posted.

Staff involved: None Handled

Approximate Date/Time: Central Time Zone. Estimated 8:40 (1/3/15)

Reason for Complaint Trying to be a Hero, taking on TWO Operatives by herself. Her support came several seconds later after my executed death. Executing all the Syndicates while they're down as a Security Officer without saying a word. There were staffs on, they did not however reply to me. (Alberyk, Severis6, and Tainavaa) Remember, I'm not getting all sore-loser due to my death. I'm just saying that her behavior/actions as an officer was WRONG. Eventually, after Inferno and Mine (Snake) death. She decided to dress up and using contraband clothing & weaponry. You can see Inferno (Keinto) was stunned twice to the floor, executed by his own gun at hands of Rin. She's a Security Officer for god's sake. Security Officers are like Mall Cops of the Mall. Executing as a Security Officer. Executing people as a Mall Cop.

Evidence:

c143dc1d795aeac2391ee68fd597550a.png

1d88218f1b3bae139cf745a381f8e05e.png

1f11b438ae078f952ddd3b538e0d8664.png188967cd33f245476019bf1b5f14488e.png

580b054308dc4a72fbb67d6b008b5723.png

db1fb7177388ffed106fe21dbfd3f505.png

If a Ban would be too much for her, then I may suggest a Job Ban? 'Tis been branded from Ban Request to Complaint.

-Format Edited by UnknownMurder, 1/4/16, 1:10 PM, Central Time Zone.

Edited by Guest
-snip- Executing as a Security Officer. Executing people as a Mall Cop.

Ok, first of all, we've largely extinguished the silly notion that Security Officers on the Aurora are somehow the only people who aren't respectable professionals at what they do. Let's not bring it back with more of this mall cop nonsense.

Secondly, I was watching this while it was going down. The Ops had gotten pretty heavily messed up with one capture. One of the ops had killed the Head of Security in maintenance behind the evidence storage room and then broke into security again to rescue their captured buddy.

Two individuals -- I think it was Rin and Jimmy -- were in a position to respond to this. Rin was being backed up from the end of the corridor by a guy with a sniper rifle. They'd already had multiple violent encounters with the nukeops, and managed to get a pretty concrete drop on them. At least one Moderator online at the time (Alberyk) said in deadchat that what had happened was fine/not breaking the rules.

As somebody who has argued very strongly against PootisManiac's tendencies as an officer: There wasn't any foul behavior here that I observed, and certainly no reason to seek either a ban or a job ban. You guys got outmaneuvered and aced.

EDIT: Well, okay, wearing some nukeop gear was not really a good idea.

I was hoping you were going to ask, involving Jimmy. I had prepared this, but it only lasted a minute. Detective, Dace Morel (GMR25) felt pity for me. I do not know for this, Detective had told Jimmy not to beat me. Jimmy did so, purposefully shooting me in the groin. Detective was only person roleplaying from what I see. THERE WAS A BOMB ARMED. I HAD AUTHORIZED IT. Result? Ends up in me being beaten by Jimmy and shot down by Rin while being talked to by Detective. I was cooperating with Detective.

0d46b96bc8d58013bad06318403a5bb2.png

Think about it, Security Officer, which big similarity to Mall Cops, are allowed to beat someone up in their 'special spot' while they are cuffed?

EDIT: Alright. I'm told a better comparison by a friend. Guards in Payday, I know they won't kill you while on the ground. (Taking Video Game Logic out.) EDIT#2: Or Black Mesa Security.

Security officers are meant to be professionals, yet we have two who seems to always execute the antagonist no matter the situation, to play around with antagonist gear, and when there is no antagonist revealed beat each other up and often get brigged or demoted.

"Just trying to take your nuts, fam."

Security officers are meant to be professionals, yet we have two who seems to always execute the antagonist no matter the situation, to play around with antagonist gear, and when there is no antagonist revealed beat each other up and often get brigged or demoted.

No, this part is a reasonable criticism and I missed it. Though, given the multiple deaths in engagements I can't say that I'm really terribly sympathetic here.

It is correct to consider Jimmy's behavior in the above log questionable, however.

No, this part is a reasonable criticism and I missed it. Though, given the multiple deaths in engagements I can't say that I'm really terribly sympathetic here.

It is correct to consider Jimmy's behavior in the above log questionable, however.

But, not the behaviors of Rin?

Killing loud, openly murderous nukeops isn't actually unacceptable in itself in my book. If they'd subdued and killed you both I wouldn't have complaints, even if it wasn't what I would have done. You'd killed enough crew (including pitching Yinzr out into space, albeit only on to the bridge shield grating), and the first capture of one of yours lead to an almost-successful attempt at rescue.

Rin is being a little stupid by donning nukeop gear and bragging about it. If people are banned/job banned for this, I guess maybe she warrants the same? Not sure if they are or not.

Jimmy is being much more questionable by torturing you non-lethally and spouting a bunch of dumb netspeak. I have, admittedly, seen officers get away with this as well on occasion minus the dumb netspeak. Winston Carton, when he was still played, comes to mind though I think he may have been told to stop.

At this round, for the other half of it; I was the only active staff members and just some of those issues were ahelped and I did take note of them and adressed them as possible, but the groin beating was not brought to staff. Also, due to the nature of a nuke round, being flooded by attack logs makes things more hard to notice.

While Rin and the other officer fighting Inferno and the other nuke op stands as a perfect fine combat situation; both of them were expected to be armed and she had back up from another officer, I don't see it as an issue. But, the wordless tasing of the unarmed hostile, wearing the gear of the other operatives and beating in the groin is pretty much unacceptable. At the point that the conduct of those guys in the security is a big issue.

I'll have you know... I sent SEVERAL adminhelps. Just letting you know....But Hey, not adminhelping about someone beating my groin was my fault. I should have included that adminhelped, but I'd let the 'rage' drive me.

But, the wordless tasing of the unarmed hostile, wearing the gear of the other operatives and beating in the groin is pretty much unacceptable. At the point that the conduct of those guys in the security is a big issue.

I was executed at the approximate time. I was in cuffs, then I was free from cuffs while still in pain from 'wordless tasing'. She chooses to gun me, however. I do not believe that Security Officers should stun baton someone while they have an attempt to cuff, because they are Security Officers. I am very sure that a security of any corporation does not push a terrorist to the floor then brutality shooting a terrorist unarmed on the floor, unless they're working for bad people. What about the rules of engagement?

I couldn't help myself but to notice more of PootisManiac complaints, including ones they decided to drop due to Christmas or Holidays, unsure if behaviors are similar.

Edit: Whilist I snooping around. A Complaint of mine from a recent complaint.

Alright.

Rin (PootisManiac) Just had gotten off of her ban. She becomes a Security Officer.

136799351569e85ef8ea20238f8efa80.png

Seems like she didn't learn anything while her ban were in effect and the troubles everyone went.

Since the Staff have elected to ignore my two complaints for the past week, one of them regarding PootisManiac, I'll respond on this complaint as well. Based on the evidence provided via screenshots, the player of Rin obviously has not learned their lesson. "The gear of the fallen", "No fun allowed", "I killed the previous owner"

Clearly, as the majority of you can see, this player has not learned any lesson whatsoever, and will not uproot themselves from the hole they've dug. And that hole, is chucklefuckery. That's certainly a broad topic, but I'm sure that many, if not all, will agree that that word is what comes to mind when you see Rin Fukuimoto. While you certainly don't need to be exceptionally literate, have amazing grammar skills, and a vocabulary to rival that of a God, you should at least make an effort to push yourself and seek proper, if at least basic, grammar skills. Rin's speech is that of a baldie assistant who just logged into SS13 his first time, and asks "where r people"

Not literally, as I'm speaking in a generalization sense, but I'm sure the lot of you understand where I'm coming from. Is this a problem, and am I saying "Pootis, you better get sum booklearnin'!"? No. What I'm saying is that we've apparently given this player several chances. There've been multiple complaints against them stretching over a wide period of time, and another one pops up no less than three days after they were un-banned. As PootisManiac has shown us, rehabilitation has failed, and as long as they're still playing Rin and wordlessly killing antagonists by beating them in the crotch until they die, this environment will not be classified as "Heavy Roleplay."

Also, as a side note. I'm not sure if you just wanted to further your complaint and attempt to make additional points against PootisManiac, but Security Officers and such are not "Mall cops". They're legitimate, trained personnel that are authorized for use of deadly force should a dangerous incident occur aboard the NSS Aurora, and the rather ridiculous mentality of "They don't have authority, they're nothing, they're just mall cops" is misguided and completely untrue.

As a proud Head of Security player, are there some apples in Security that spoil the bunch? Yeah. But don't let the few idiots ruin the mentality of Security for the rest of us. Our characters don't want to be treated like crooked, shitty cops in-game all the time, because they aren't. It's everyone's mentality that all cops are shit that ruins it for us, and forces us to get upset, unintentionally, and act a bit recklessly/foolishly. Y'all just need to remember that a world without cops is not a world you want to live in, and while that may not be the case in SS13 where anybody can just a burst of heroism and single-handedly take on a five-man nuclear operative team heedless of the sheer idiocy in doing so would be, all I'm asking is that you at least show some respect to the players who actually make an effort to be goodcurity.

End rant. :D

As PootisManiac has shown us, rehabilitation has failed, and as long as they're still playing Rin and wordlessly killing antagonists by beating them in the crotch until they die, this environment will not be classified as "Heavy Roleplay."

As a point of clarification, Jimmy McFly (a separate player) was the one beating Snake in the crotch repeatedly, not Rin/Pootis.

EDIT: Actually, let me see if I understand the situation correctly, because it's become increasingly clear to me that I got a pretty limited view of this situation. What I saw was basically this:

Snake (NukeOp#1) was captured and in interrogation. I remember Rin catching sight of him being lead in and shooting him with a taser even though he was cuffed. Inferno (NukeOp#2) killed Jim Calhoun (or appeared to have had, I didn't see this conflict directly) in maintenance behind the evidence room, then hacked his way in to stage a rescue. Inferno comes in, some retreating occurs from the people who were in security at the time.

The next time I looked in on the situation (there was a gap here where I wasn't directly observing), Jimmy was at the entrance of security with his rifle, and Rin was standing over the two of you and you were dead. I never caught the part where Jimmy was beating you in the crotch while you were still alive, and his position at the time (entrance of security) doesn't jive with the logged sequence you've shown.

So it seems like I'm missing a critical segment of events.

...No. That's not the way it worked, let me try to keep it simple.

Jimmy brings me in captured.

I authorize the bombing of armory while I am captured within 5 minutes if I do not respond.

Jimmy drags me around in Brig.

Jimmy takes me to Interrogation, Detective wonders what is going on.

Jimmy shuts Detective out. He is by himself. Beats me in my groin.

Jimmy shouts random stuff at me 'Just want nuts nam' something.

Jimmy leaves. Detective enters. Notices me in blood. Blood on floor. Wasn't there before.

Detective treats me to my wound and politely asks me deauthorize bomb. Interrogation in Processing Room.

I get my headset on and attempt to deauthorize.

Rin appears, wordlessly shoots me with taser.

Inferno appears out of nowhere demanding to surrender me.

Dace Morcell gives me up without hostile intent. Just words.

Inferno uncuffs me.

We start to leave.

Rin appears out of nowhere gunning me down with lethality by herself for that meant time. I was in stun state from the taser. Rin takes on two operatives.

Security Sniper {?} appears and only guns down Inferno.

Rin pulls out stun baton, batons twice. Then with his dropped contraband gun, deciding to execute Inferno while he is injured and down.

Rin steals the contraband, wears it.

That's pretty much it.

...No. That's not the way it worked, let me try to keep it simple.

Jimmy brings me in captured.

I authorize the bombing of armory while I am captured within 5 minutes if I do not respond.

Jimmy drags me around in Brig.

Jimmy takes me to Interrogation, Detective wonders what is going on.

Jimmy shuts Detective out. He is by himself. Beats me in my groin.

Jimmy shouts random stuff at me 'Just want nuts nam' something.

Jimmy leaves. Detective enters. Notices me in blood. Blood on floor. Wasn't there before.

Detective treats me to my wound and politely asks me deauthorize bomb. Interrogation in Processing Room.

I get my headset on and attempt to deauthorize.

Rin appears, wordlessly shoots me with taser.

Inferno appears out of nowhere demanding to surrender me.

Dace Morcell gives me up without hostile intent. Just words.

Inferno uncuffs me.

We start to leave.

Rin appears out of nowhere gunning me down with lethality by herself for that meant time. I was in stun state from the taser. Rin takes on two operatives.

Security Sniper {?} appears and only guns down Inferno.

Rin pulls out stun baton, batons twice. Then with his dropped contraband gun, deciding to execute Inferno while he is injured and down.

Rin steals the contraband, wears it.

That's pretty much it.

Detective here, chiming in. Security Sniper was most likely to be Jimmy as I remember noticing him with a LAWP rifle after the fact.

When they shut me out of interrogation I just went into the observation room, and I overheard them beating you after I briefly tabbed out. I chastised them (Something along the lines of "Really?") on the way in whilst I came to check how bad the injury was.

Why can noone spell Dace Morel right.

I believe you sent some of them to me and we chuckled over them a bit.

72de7f8869.png

e89cecaa33.png

83e246eef6.png

af3d12b499.png

That's all the stuff you sent me HFC, if that is related. Alongside this, I'd also like to put forward a suspicion of Rin and another pink-haired male officer called something Johnson metafriending between rounds. I've heard that, over the course of previous vampire rounds, they have given blood to each other repeatedly. During the vampire round I took part in - the one which I got a complaint over - Johnson had not been in contact with Rin in solitary, as the Warden had been standing outside. Every single time I went up there, Johnson was standing in the Briefing Room door staring at the Warden and the cell. When we were all busy, he knocked the Warden out, released Rin and let her feed on him before she fled.

That's all the stuff you sent me HFC, if that is related. Alongside this, I'd also like to put forward a suspicion of Rin and another pink-haired male officer called something Johnson metafriending between rounds. I've heard that, over the course of previous vampire rounds, they have given blood to each other repeatedly. During the vampire round I took part in - the one which I got a complaint over - Johnson had not been in contact with Rin in solitary, as the Warden had been standing outside. Every single time I went up there, Johnson was standing in the Briefing Room door staring at the Warden and the cell. When we were all busy, he knocked the Warden out, released Rin and let her feed on him before she fled.

I was told that the officer was already thralled at that point. That is why he was constantly standing outside of the cell. It could be wrong though.

I was told that the officer was already thralled at that point. That is why he was constantly standing outside of the cell. It could be wrong though.

I don't believe they had any prior contact long enough for thralling, though I could be wrong. I know that not a single person entered the Soilitary cell other than me once she was placed inside, and there was no time during her arrest to do so.

I don't believe they had any prior contact long enough for thralling, though I could be wrong. I know that not a single person entered the Soilitary cell other than me once she was placed inside, and there was no time during her arrest to do so.

I didn't witness her thralling him, but I assume that she must have since he behaved like a thrall and defended her mindlessly even when there was incontrovertible evidence that she was guilty of Sexual Assault. She'd even tried the same request on the Warden, who reported it to others when the sexual assault charges came up.

I can verify that Johnson never left the area surrounding solitary for very long.

After you ordered everyone to disperse from the solitary cluster, I went to the security checkpoint at arrivals and watched solitary on the cameras. People eventually did disperse, except for Johnson and the Warden. Johnson went into the cell with Rin several times for brief periods, which the Warden was cooperative with, but I don't know what actually happened there since I wasn't physically present to hear. There was, however, enough time for him to be thralled if he wasn't already before he went in there, and also enough time for Rin to bite him if the Warden wasn't watching closely.

Apologies, I appear to be partly at fault in this case. I was the Warden, Rin did indeed Bite Him while they were in the cell together after whispering. I will point out I had no idea of her being a Vampire, I was just following orders to keep her contained as far as the virus suspicion went. However Blood work came back and proved she was not "sick". Afterwards she complained she was hungry, And I allowed the other Officer Johnson to be allowed to feed her, Which is when the Bite occurred, But as I was slightly away from the cell and didn't "physically" see it, I did not report it.