[FEEDBACK/HYPE] Uplink Revamp

- Added a bunch of descriptions to the traitor uplink so you can be more sure of what you're buying.
- Added various new weapons, tools, and kits to the traitor uplink.
- Various traitor items have had their cost tweaked to bring them into a tighter balance.
- The Mecha dropper has been removed from the revolution uplink and added to the general uplink under devices and tools.
- The Tommygun is now know as the Vintage Sub-Machine gun everywhere.
- Manhacks are now called Viscerators everywhere.

https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/7974

Any suggestions and feedback are welcome.

Notable Changes:

- Addition of a Bolt-Action Rifle and the ability to buy its clips.
- The ability to buy a box of buckshot shells for shotguns.
- Added a fully loaded toolbelt (like how I carry it as my CE, not the spawning one)
- Maglocks that have keypads, so you can make areas only you or people you gave the code to can access.
- Jetpacks, Electropacks, and Radio Jammers.
- Elyran Plasma Shotgun and its Energy Cells, a Vintage .45 colt and its ammunition.
- A standard medical first-aid kit.

Not sure if this the right thread but assuming it's still 25 telecrystals  most of the other prices changes in here and the rest of the items already ingame cater only to robust players rather than allowing every type of player to get what they need in order to make their own gimmick interesting.

Seems those are a stylistic choice more so than anything. I reduced the price of the sleepy ring to be the same as the parapen. I also reduced the price of the cane sword. SolCom Manual can be looked at later.

Anyway, I gave Exosuits and Exosuit Equipment their own uplink, allowing you to call in even more stuff. So far the Combat Exosuit is the most expensive, but it comes preloaded with the most goodies. The rest you kinda have to buy and build up yourself.

Exosuits (Price):
 - Combat (40)
 - Heavy (35)
 - Light (25)
 - Powerloader (20)

Exosuit Equipment (Price):
//Combat//
 - Mounted Electrolaser Carbine [Taser] (6)
 - Mounted Ion Rifle (10)
 - Mounted Laser Rifle (8)
 - Mounted Machine Gun (8)
 - Mounted Missile Rack (20)
//Utility//
 - Mounted RFD-C (12)
 - Mounted Clamp (4)
 - Mounted Gravitational Catapult (10)
 - Mounted Drill (6)
 - Mounted Passenger Compartment (4)
//Medical//
 - Mounted Sleeper (8)
 - Mounted Crisis Dronebay (8)

3 hours ago, canon35 said:

What about a traitor item that lets you bypass a RIG's restrictions? Being able to put whatever equipment you want on a industrial, medical, or EVA rig could prove useful. I'd probably ballpark the cost of such a thing at 5 telecrystals.

Sounds good. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get that done.

11 minutes ago, ben10083 said:

I would like a item mechanically similar to nanites added to uplink.

Nanites? The stuff that turns people into a borg?

Bypassing RIG restrictions sounds like it should just be an emag function, not a specially-bought thing. Emag a RIG that is crowbarred open to override its safeties.

Anyway - more implants would be neat. Adrenaline implant that gives a minute of increased sprinting speed, perhaps with multiple charges.

14 hours ago, canon35 said:

What about a traitor item that lets you bypass a RIG's restrictions? Being able to put whatever equipment you want on a industrial, medical, or EVA rig could prove useful. I'd probably ballpark the cost of such a thing at 5 telecrystals. 

10 hours ago, geeves said:

Sounds good. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get that done.

Could we perhaps have this functionality given to Cryptographic Sequencers instead?

21 hours ago, canon35 said:

Not a fan of that as those are (intended) physical limitations of the rig design, which isn't something that can by bypassed by modifying the software (emag) or installing some sort of upgrade. (Much the same way you can't just slap a tank turret on a car/snowmobile/caravan and expect it to work properly).

1 hour ago, Arrow768 said:

Not a fan of that as those are (intended) physical limitations of the rig design, which isn't something that can by bypassed by modifying the software (emag) or installing some sort of upgrade. (Much the same way you can't just slap a tank turret on a car/snowmobile/caravan and expect it to work properly).

A tank turret, perhaps not. But there are cases of putting something where it doesn't quite belong. To which I'd say, just give it a far greater power drain or the like (or a risk of malfunction, but that would require far more work).

A random chance for malfunction isn't really something that contributes to the gameplay as noone enjoys if their rig (or something else) fails randomly because rng decided it should. (See pre-buff rd weapons)

In addition a traitor should use the tools they have available to fulfill their tasks. If we add something that allows to bypass the rig restrictions we enable a common theme where a traitor just purchases the rig-unlock-tool and a rig-gun to slap on their rig. (We had that for a while and I am glad we got rid of it; by adding these restrictions)

It is also not impossible to acquire a weapon capable rig as a person that needs to go eva, it just requires them to interact with (convince, threaten, bribe,...) certain people that can provide those rigs. 

But ultimately this point is moot as the PR is awaiting merge. 

On 14/01/2020 at 08:47, geeves said:
On 14/01/2020 at 08:36, ben10083 said:

I would like a item mechanically similar to nanites added to uplink.

Nanites? The stuff that turns people into a borg?

Yes. Of course in a ideal world said borg that was made would be given a lawset to obey the traitor, but that sounds like alot of fucking work.

In the very rare instances I do traitor, I like doing a gimic of borgification.

• Gem locked this topic