Feedback thread for service remap

6 hours ago, Hunt said:

This should resolve a majority of concerns:

An additional private lounge was readded to the bar with a stage attached.

This room will prevent a breach from fore spreading and allows for emergency airlocks to be on the bar stairs, preventing a breach from spreading from the bar to the dining hall and vice versa.

Convos will no longer bleed except from two tables, one of which will lead to a single barstool I believe, and the other being a four-top table right beside the kitchen that will leak but will also allow the chef to take orders for those sitting at a table and not just the bar, as some requested.

In total there, after counting, are 8+ private areas for whatever your RP needs are around the Horizon.

Breaches will not spread as easily and additional scrubbers/vents were included.

Convos will not leak, especially to the bar, and the kitchen will only be affected by a single table, an improvement nonetheless.

The giant tree from the hall was removed and transplanted to the center of the dining hall, resolving the space where the 6top table was.

5ae65a38f6b6bf4284a2574db46cea55.png

This is definitely a substantial improvement. With all this here, my biggest concern is just the tree. I think the back lounge is definitely a net loss, either way, but it's acceptable given the remap itself seems good otherwise.

The tree is going to be a stretch to fit anywhere. I'd honestly just remove it for more floor space in general, because it will definitely be needed. It helps that the upstairs nature showcase exists, as well.

Something to consider right now (but isn't a mandatory thought, I should add) is because of this PR,

https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/15926

even more objects of special interest like ships and debris will be visible outside of the Horizon. Since I think you pulled the bar further northwards, it might benefit to have some form of better view to the left side of the ship to let people see these better, since our current ability to view these are rather limited. A giant help would be simply removing the one-tile overhang that currently exists wherever possible, though some might interfere with the Intrepid's hangar below, so beware.

DWBLuIE.png

I would like to suggest these minor changes. 

I do not like the huge 5 tile wide hallway, cause it's really just a waste of space. 3 tile wide hallway is more than enough.

And I hate the plants in the middle of the hallway, personally. They're just weird. Why would anyone put plants in the middle of the hallway, which people use to go to places.

Also the asymmetry. Ugh. Probably is not fixable though.

I hope the 1 tile overhang stays. I like it, for EVA and stuff.

Went from a 3 to a 10 to me, adore it now for the most part! Still hoping for some kind of 'private reservations' cards in the kitchen with windoors for the dining tables, but that'd be trivial to add in some other PR. Absolutely rock solid implementation now.

Contrary to Dreamix I like the plants in the middle of the hallway for visual beauty, little things like that would make living on the ship a bit more bearable - tho while asymmetry doesn't bother me, the 5-wide shutters do - perhaps have them 3-wide and flanked by some full windows? The bar backroom doesn't really need space either given it should only rarely be used, so better to leave it how you have it. Hydro is perfectly functional. But, I will agree the kitchen could be marginally more symmetrical to the private lounge. Perhaps shove in some chef uniform lockers in the extra space that would require?

Didnt like the remap at first, I like the latest iteration a lot more now.

2 hours ago, Fluffy said:

If possible, my suggestion is to add a piano in the lounge to use, like it was in the old Aurora (at least, according to the map)

It was not usable, it was a broken one on purpose.

• Adds bar prep room space (I am really unsure why we give people so much space for a room that is visited once, but alas, it is done)
  • Condenses hallway
  • Removes tree in favor of more open space per kyres
  • Added piano but removed it because broken
  • Makes kitchen symmetrical
  • Provides more space for hydro
  • Expands the back bar so the second bartender has more space
  • resolves security issues, which was windows? Dunno why we made it all walls, seems harder for antags now.

68747470733a2f2f6d6462322e616666656374656461726330372e636f2e756b2f696d616765732f34323537393139392f31313833333738323738362f6d2f312f302d61667465722e706e67.thumb.png.8ab5be30fdbd8620130bb6dfd94071b7.png

Edited by Hunt
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, KingOfThePing said:

It was not usable, it was a broken one on purpose.

Yes, iirc it was changed to a broken one, but before that it was not a broken one, I assume because the old instruments implementation was deprecated, now however we have a new implementation, so it would be cool to have a working one, imho.

Love this last edit. What about a dance floor where the tree used to be? lol

ALSO: What if you put a potted plant/stage locker here and only had one stair with railings instead of the double stair to nowhere
image.png.13f9f65fbef41af922a6ab61d751654e.png

Edited by RyverStyx
1 minute ago, Scheveningen said:

One last thing, make sure the grille hidden over a hole behind the captain's secondary office (deck 3 bridge) bookcase drops into somewhere, preferably some kind of floor below rather than below a wall. 

It will drop upon the back bar table; I will be fixing the breach issue from COs office in the future PR

14 minutes ago, Billy Mays said:

I'm pretty sure, you can't use the move-down verb, when there's a table blocking the tile below you.

Can someone confirm prior to me removing the escape hole in Captains

I really, really preferred the tree over the dance floor. Little bits of nature like that are nice and break up the room in a good way. The dance floor is just tacky and makes the whole joint look like some scuzzy nightclub. Really went from a 10 to a 7 for me with that change alone.

Edited by Carver
  • Like 2

I think the changes are overall great and I like how the PR has evolved since it's initial conception.

Admittedly I'm a fan of the bar back room. It was used quite a bit and was able to vary in having either a relaxed lounge of seedy business energy to it but if there's no way of retaining it, I understand. I don't know if this would absolutely ruin the spaces around it and you'll have to excuse my poor photoshopping but I wonder if removing some stools and putting a couch there could have it retain that lounge feeling?

example.png.db9fba7e77282b9e4dbfbfabf292b793.pngexample2.png.e50a78af6b0ee68169ef4b3bd54719d7.png

I think that the stage room looks great. I like that the dance room could easily become a place for announcements and that characters eating can choose to sit at a table instead of the countertop. 

7 hours ago, niennab said:

I think the changes are overall great and I like how the PR has evolved since it's initial conception.

Admittedly I'm a fan of the bar back room. It was used quite a bit and was able to vary in having either a relaxed lounge of seedy business energy to it but if there's no way of retaining it, I understand. I don't know if this would absolutely ruin the spaces around it and you'll have to excuse my poor photoshopping but I wonder if removing some stools and putting a couch there could have it retain that lounge feeling?

example.png.db9fba7e77282b9e4dbfbfabf292b793.pngexample2.png.e50a78af6b0ee68169ef4b3bd54719d7.png

I think that the stage room looks great. I like that the dance room could easily become a place for announcements and that characters eating can choose to sit at a table instead of the countertop. 

Apologies for the late response,

sadly due to the constraint of maintenance behind this back bar, I am limited with space as the piping/power lines there if changes would require me to relocate the deck 2 civilian substation, which is already limited on space heavily due to the little maintenance room we have near the center of the Horizon. Prior to the current setup, being a bar, there was a couch and a smaller 3top bar area in the back, similar to your photoshopped designs. A few claimed the space was not big enough for a second bartender to actually have customers and to scrap the couch altogether. I will see if I can get such added, but I am trying to not encroach on antag spaces (maintenance) and making the service area bigger than it already is.

Lemme see what I can figure out.

45ee2ff2f6c6fddd515dd0ad5f2068e4.png.eb0b704e6df77f3a2b8ed993c8fe281e.png

@Hunt

Thanks for your reply and for looking into it. If it can't be done, I understand. I can imagine the difficulty in remapping an area while playing tetris with any nearby departments/maint/etc/etc.

Overall I still think what you have is great and a huge improvement.

Edited by niennab