[Denied] BurgerBB's COMMAND Whitelist Application

BYOND key: 
    BurgerBB 

Character names: 
    Diamond with Flaw, FLAW, FLAWED, Ilaeza Marwani, Roza Lusk, Marcus Burgs.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: 
    2 years

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: 
    I feel that I can actively improve how command is played

Why did you come to Aurora?: 
    Was trying every active server, came to Aurora.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: 
    Yes. It's pretty underwhelming tbh I'm going to scream at Chada respectfully and calmly to tell them to fix it.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?: 
    Yes, one major warning for accidentally blowing up departures as MALF on first go. Several minor warnings for minor rule breaking, including joining as Chad from the chad vs virgin meme. One 1 day long forum ban for racking up 3 minor warnings over the course of 6 months, 1 week long forum ban for breaking an agreement from garn. Sentenced to community service via developer status for ERPing in the janitor's closet.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:
    Roleplay should be about fun. It's playing something you're not and having fun while playing it, however good roleplay is playing something you're not and people other than you having fun in the process. All players should strive to be a roleplayer who cares more about the experience of others than themselves.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: 
    Heads of Staff exist to provide some sense of leadership to their departments and serve as "veteran players" that can assist players unfamiliar with it's department mechanics as well as to improve RP among antags and crewmembers. They also exist to provide some sense of realism in that a top of the line research station actually has people looking after it.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
    Don't be a powertripping idiot who is only a Head of Staff in it for themselves. Actually contribute to the round in some meaningful way that doesn't involve chairRPing with antags 24/7 or bossing people around. Don't be a dick to your underlings, don't make new players hate you, and actually help and teach others. Be the reason why people play that particular department.

To medical, Diamond with Flaw will serve as mostly an advisor if there are others capable of their job that can do it for them. Given how medical is bland as fuck and is only entertaining from a gameplay perspective if you actually do anything, most of the work will be relegated to their underlings. Diamond with Flaw will never do tasks that others can perform for them at the time, however if asked for, Diamond with Flaw will offer assistance.

To the crew, Diamond with Flaw will be attempting to host various medical related events such as blood drives, first aid training, medication awareness, and extensive sex education.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
    Tau Ceti has gone to shit. Racial conflict and tensions are at all time high with various species and backgrounds. Despite this, Diamond with Flaw is continuing on, hoping to make people's lives better whilst also gaining some knowledge about medicine and chemistry in the process. The benefit of not having organic attachments to ones other than your own nymphs, as well as an almost complete lack of emotions, means you do not spend time feeling bad for your friend perishing from a k'ois infection or another Tajara gang attack.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
    CMO
    Captain, possibly.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:
    Diamond with Flaw, CMO

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:
    Relatively excellent.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
    Yes. All things must come to an end.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
    Yes.

I have a question for you my dude.

You've listed a possible Captain in roles of what you might be playing. Why is this only a possible role, and why arent you going for the HoS?
Now you often rant about how sec/command hogs all the antags and tells everyone else to fuck off, wouldnt this be your golden opportunity to change this? To drop you into the role of HoS where you basically have absolute power to control security to benefit the whole station more?

1 hour ago, Pratepresidenten said:

I have a question for you my dude.

You've listed a possible Captain in roles of what you might be playing. Why is this only a possible role, and why arent you going for the HoS?
Now you often rant about how sec/command hogs all the antags and tells everyone else to fuck off, wouldnt this be your golden opportunity to change this? To drop you into the role of HoS where you basically have absolute power to control security to benefit the whole station more?

Playing Head of Security seems undesirable to me but perhaps in the future that might change if I get in experience as CMO. I don't know how to explain it, but it's not something I want.

Burger, if you get accepted, I know you will probably be the antag command you have been ranting about. Don't tell me you are going to toggle off everything! You have to try it once to really know the amount of power given to you as it goes to your head, heart, and soul. Especially HoP because ya'know, all access n'tuff when you get ling. 

In all seriousness, I'll like to see em with command (at least the trial) +1

12 hours ago, sonicgotnuked said:

Burger, if you get accepted, I know you will probably be the antag command you have been ranting about. Don't tell me you are going to toggle off everything! You have to try it once to really know the amount of power given to you as it goes to your head, heart, and soul. Especially HoP because ya'know, all access n'tuff when you get ling. 

In all seriousness, I'll like to see em with command (at least the trial) +1

I personally see nothing wrong with SOME command roles becoming antag, however there is a line that is usually crossed that I very much dislike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alberyk said:

@BurgerBBFrom what I can gather in the database, you played around three rounds as chief medical officer, is there any reason for the low activity during the trial?

Burgerstation 13 and the fact that the CMO slot is very contested during certain hours.

You can extend the trial if you like, I don't mind.

• 2 weeks later...