Scientist: Nikolas Ellis

Cook: Titus Shafter

Priest: Alvin Ludwig

A.I: PATRIA

Engineer Apprentice: Molush Harris

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

13 Days

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

After experimenting and roleplaying with several characters in different situations, developing and striving for an interesting story every round, I have decided to extend this experience by applying to be on the whitelist.

I believe that, being whitelisted would help me extend my roleplay and hopefully make it enjoyable and known to others, by being in a position of command.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

Ever since I first started playing video games, roleplay was something I always enjoyed. It's a pleasure I carry with me everywhere and to every game and server. That is why I was hooked onto Aurora, being also my first SS13 server.

Aurora delivered what I seeked, that being a heavy roleplay server where I develop my characters and interact with others.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:

Yes. I am well aware of the responsabilities that I will carry with me through every round, if I am to be whitelisted and I choose to play any of the Head of Staff positions.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

I have not received any administrative actions.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay, first of all is all about finding the pleasure of being someone different. That is, in this case, roleplaying a character into an alternate universe, in situations that we can only dream about in real life.

We develop our characters, write a story for them and watch their relationships grow with the other characters. Or in some cases, we watch them push towards the total destruction, or conquer of the Aurora Station.

In my opinion, roleplay is about unleashing your imagination and living through your character, trying to make them as believebale as possible.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

The Head of Staff has the purpose of creating interesting situations and roleplay within their Department, or, in some cases, for the entire station.

As Head of Staff, one should always closely analyze every situation and push to make it more interesting through the abilities they have. They should develop and interact with others in an inquisitive manner, to make eveyone feel like they're part of an evergrowing story. They should be communicative, unbiased and careful about their actions.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

The Whitelisted players are those who have been entrusted with a special position within the server. Being whitelisted, means that they are expected to portray a realistic, interesting and very intriguing character. 

Such players must manifest a serious dedication when they're roleplaying their characters and be an example for the community. 

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

Given NanoTransen's discovery of Phoron and it's monopolization of the element, many of my characters have one thing in common. To become the pioneers of this age, where phoron experimentation and acquisition is extremely important.

The NSS Aurora has drawn the interest of inquisitive individuals who wish to partake in this great discovery and my characters are no exception.

Their place here is important to them, each with their own set of knowledge, they strive to make their part and watch or take part in the evolution of technological equipment.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

My list of characters is an example of how I greatly enjoy taking part in a multitude of Departments. There is no department I like less than the other.

Though, I would not take the lead of one I don't have enough experience with. What draws me is the Head of Personnel position, given my experience with civillian jobs and later Captain and/or Head of Security, having roleplayed as a law enforcer on different roleplay games and on Aurora as well. The role of Captain in intriguing, yet before attempting to take that position, I will study the wikipedia further and practice with the other positions. 

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.: 

I have yet to create a special character or use one intended for the role of Head of Staff. I wish to make this step wisely and as interesting to others as it is now and will be to me.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

My roleplay experience comes from different games, different servers and from my own life interests. I always enjoyed and will always enjoy roleplay. It is surely not dissapointing, but enjoyable.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

I do understand.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

Yes I have.

Extra notes:

None.

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! Sorry for the lack of feedback. The following two days after your answer was given, there was a local holiday including my birthday. 

Month June is quite full for me towards the end due to this. I have tried on discord and in game to get some feedback by playing a few timea during the night when I had time. Sadly to no avail. 

I have been quite inactive but I hope it'll change for the better.

I've been meaning to leave feedback here for a while now actually, but I kept being sidetracked or forgetting. Sorry 'bout that.

I think Lolziam has the spark of being a great player, but I have no idea how long they've been playing on Aurora now. In my personal opinion, they're good, but they need some time to age like a fine wine. I'd definitely support the idea of a trial, but my only fear is that they might not grasp all the mechanics or unspoken rules we have on Aurora.

Best of luck, buddy, hope to see you around for years to come. PM me if you have any questions about being a Chief Engineer <3.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I wanted to leave feedback for you, after spectating some rounds with your Captain Wallace Rook. After looking at your App you never provided a character for the application so I don't know if you went for captain right away or have others, I can only give feedback on what I know and see. Another word of warning before I start, I don't want to trashtalk or downvote you here, but it will be critique nontheless. I think you are a good player and are willing to learn but if you really started with captain as your command trial character then you maybe overestimated your ability to handle the stressful nature the role has to it.

You made some very big mistakes during the rounds I spectated, including but not limited to:

- Abusing the EBS system, repeatedly, even after being warned by Central Command about it.

- Requesting an ERT team, despite it being absolutely not needed (all of security was still standing), no less than three times over fax, instead of just swiping for it, if you really felt needing it.

- Telling all of Command what the nuke disk is and what's it used for.

- Threatening other Command staff to be removed from their position during (nearly) standard operations.

- Holding the entire server hostage for TWO hours (to a total round length of 4 hours) with Code Red.

- Generally it seemed like you communicate rather poorly with security but it's hard to judge from a spectating perspective, sometimes.

- This one's just something personal, so you might disregard it: Kicking in the show case to take the priceless antique laser pistol repeatedly just, well, just because I guess, since you still had your normal laser pistol fully charged on you every time I saw it.

That's all I can think for now from the top of my head. If I recall more I add it to it. Again, don't take this as shittalk, but rather to show you that a lot of things can go wrong, when playing a Captain poorly, which is why I would recommend you to play another command character until you have more experience (if you have another command character, again, I don't know.).

Edited by KingOfThePing

Hello! Thanks for the feedback. It is true that I have made some mistakes, but I am always open to feedback so we may discuss through it.

First of all, no, the Captain is not my first Command Character. I begun with Franz Weisgarber as the HoP to accommodate myself with the Command position. After a couple of rounds where, in contact with the Captain, I was appointing, inspecting and assisting personnel, I went through the Head of Security (once) and Captain as Wallace Rook ( six times). I will try to explain why those mistakes happened now. I wish to note that most of those mistakes were done during my second round (the same round that took 4 hours in length), which was a complete disaster from every point of view. Being the second round where I had to deal with such dire situations, I was a bit overwhelmed.

- Due the gravity of the round, I felt like the station has been evidently overwhelmed. The position I found myself within when I ordered the A.I to request ERT through the EBS system was a very unfortunate one. I also wish to mention that at that time, I have completely forgotten about the Keycard Authentication Device. 

- Again, same round, I couldn't weight the situation properly, it was my first time using the fax machine to contact Central Command and I had forgotten about the Keycard Authentication Device. Mostly due to how the situation developed, how dire it was and trying to keep all things together. I have faxed Central Command two times, the third being a missclick due to being in doubt with the fax machine working or not (missed the notification that it has been sent)

- That happened today. Yes. I have forgotten that the Nuke Disc is simply named "Authentication Disk" and believed it was a "Nuke Authethication Disk". I went ahead and ordered Command to be on alert and that it must be found. I take full responsibility for that event. But I learn from my mistakes, very fast.

- I have never threatened to remove any Command Staff from their position, unless it's the one I am thinking of from yesterday, an Interimary Medical Officer or so. I can not remember the exact situation but if my reaction was not fit for the said situation, I apologize.

- That round was just as hard for me as for everybody else, I apologized and I still do. It wasn't my decision, I was learning the hard way how to deal with such situations and I must say I have improved a lot. Toda we had several such situations that ended up smooth, in comparison with the 4 hour long round. Even though I am ashamed of that round, I have learned a lot from it and improved, dare I say, 75%.

- As a Captain, I don't wish to put my nose in everyone's departments. I guide them whenever needed and debate, discuss and solve situations. I don't want to take anyone's authority away from them unless extremely necessary. If there is a Head of Security, I allow them to manage their department by their own liking. As long as everything works fine, everybody's happy.

With all of the above being explained, I hope you do understand, and others understand my current position. I don't find myself being an amateur, neither a fully experienced Aurora roleplay. Yet, I know I have the ability to not disappoint when roleplaying. Today, last night, I had great rounds together with a lot of other Command Staff and players alike. I enjoy it when everybody does.

My first few rounds have been a rough ride, yes, but I accept them as they were there to improve. I understand that every player, especially the experienced ones expect me to know my job when I first play the role. But it's hard. I thought that I could easily manage the Command Staff role (in my first couple of rounds) because I was already used to being the A.I. It wasn't that easy, but I have learned. I apologize to those who have suffered from my experience gaps that (now) have been filled and I take you for this criticism because it allows me to remember my mistakes.

I must finish saying that I have enjoyed replying your constructive criticism. Thank you! 

Edited by Lolziam

No, you threatened to remove Poppy Wolfe today for questioning why a loyalty implanted Captain would not inform Central about the nuke disk being stolen (and her faxing this on code red). I'd like to point out Rook was possibly EXPLOSIVE IMPLANTED and he was acting out because he was afraid he'd be killed, and that telling Central anything could result in the antag triggering said implant. I thought it was incredibly strange RP until i put two and two together this morning.

28 minutes ago, SatinsPristOTD said:

No, you threatened to remove Poppy Wolfe today for questioning why a loyalty implanted Captain would not inform Central about the nuke disk being stolen (and her faxing this on code red). I'd like to point out Rook was possibly EXPLOSIVE IMPLANTED and he was acting out because he was afraid he'd be killed, and that telling Central anything could result in the antag triggering said implant. I thought it was incredibly strange RP until i put two and two together this morning.

Yes! About that... well. Not exactly. It wasn't a threat to have her removed. It was more of a reminder that she ought not to question that said situation. I wouldn't remove someone from their position, as I am aware that would cause no enjoyable roleplay for them, especially for such a small matter. It was just a normal dispute between command members. Nothing OOC. I was indeed going to go through what had to be done (the faxes) but, like I said. I keep on learning. One mistake is enough to learn for the entire future. As for the Authentication Disk, I have already explained I admit the mistake. It slipped, it happened and I apologize. I've learned much today and I have to thank you all for it.

Yet, I was not aware of the explosive implant. I only found out about it when..well, I exploded. That just because I was unconscious due to the encounter with Valna. At least when she implanted me. I wasn't afraid of anything, I was just willing to take baby steps. Also, I was not aware of the code red due to connection issues (The SSD wave, as mentioned by the A.I). 

I appreciate constructive criticism and I accept each and every of my mistakes. I am here to make friends and to roleplay, make it enjoyable for everybody, yet it sounds like you are questioning my capability of roleplaying and accusing me of actually trying to win something out of that round, which is, not true. I am sorry if you feel that way, like I said, I tried to learn and I did. Every character has it's own personality, I don't wish to roleplay everything mechanically. 

Nah, I didn't see much of an issue with what you did. (nuke disk aside, but we've already discussed that and I'm not about to beat the dead horse.) Just know that a Captain wouldn't really want to withhold information from NT, especially regarding a nuke. Imagine the military just having a nuke stolen and no one ever telling the President that his nuke was stolen. It doesn't make much sense, regarding your loyalty to NT.

I do think Captain was a bit much to bite off as the character to do your whitelist application trial week with, BUT, you have to learn. Like everyone else did. You've got a bit of a ways to go with learning the unwritten SoP/meta/rules that Command has made for itself, and part of that is the communitys fault for not writing all of this down in a clear, precise manner. It's a bit scattered to the wind.

If you'd ever like tips, or questions... feel free to ask one of us that plays Captain. Most of us would be more than happy to talk over Discord.

19 minutes ago, SatinsPristOTD said:

Nah, I didn't see much of an issue with what you did. (nuke disk aside, but we've already discussed that and I'm not about to beat the dead horse.) Just know that a Captain wouldn't really want to withhold information from NT, especially regarding a nuke. Imagine the military just having a nuke stolen and no one ever telling the President that his nuke was stolen. It doesn't make much sense, regarding your loyalty to NT.

I do think Captain was a bit much to bite off as the character to do your whitelist application trial week with, BUT, you have to learn. Like everyone else did. You've got a bit of a ways to go with learning the unwritten SoP/meta/rules that Command has made for itself, and part of that is the communitys fault for not writing all of this down in a clear, precise manner. It's a bit scattered to the wind.

If you'd ever like tips, or questions... feel free to ask one of us that plays Captain. Most of us would be more than happy to talk over Discord.

Thank you! I've been focusing today on HoP as the job is relaxing and it's really easy for me to learn from the other Captains that are on shift with me. As for the rest of my days on trial, yes, you are right, I'll try to keep Franz Weisgarber ( The HoP ) in the spotlight.

Nevertheless, I must thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it and will try to show off my abilities through a less demanding Command position. Thank you once again!

Was not a fan of hearing the Captain was the one to try and game the darkness-focused scary event by having floor lights installed everywhere since they can't be broken. I don't think that's the sort of behavior we want from Command players- gaming the mechanics.

Guest Menown

Revealing sensitive record information in the presence of strangers and then claiming that "there are no secrets between crewmembers" isn't exactly ideal for a Head of Staff, either.

5 hours ago, AmoryBlaine said:

Was not a fan of hearing the Captain was the one to try and game the darkness-focused scary event by having floor lights installed everywhere since they can't be broken. I don't think that's the sort of behavior we want from Command players- gaming the mechanics.

I had already discussed with Prate during the event about the light tiles. The decision to install the light tiles was an IC one, the tiles were, as mentioned by Prate, rather new. He understood my mistake as I had no idea what  the effect of the snakes were on the tiles. We shrugged it off and called it a "Live and learn" situation. I am sorry if that mistake caused you so much discomfort during the event.

2 hours ago, Menown said:

Revealing sensitive record information in the presence of strangers and then claiming that "there are no secrets between crewmembers" isn't exactly ideal for a Head of Staff, either.

Honestly, that boiled pretty much to the roleplay of that specific moment. As a Head of Personnel, when offering someone a job, Franz Weisgarber chooses to be careful aboht this. Given the situation, your character was a registered sex offender. Registered being pretty much being the keyword here, as they're supposed to be known. 

I believe that's pretty much, largely, an In Character issue. 

I understrand the frustration and how sometimes, you could easily throw arround your opinion on how something's not supposed to be that way, or this way. But honestly, it's a Heavy Roleplay server. Besides my HUGE mistakes that I had already done in the past and admitted, others shouldn't be taken in such serious manner. Remember that after all, even the HoP is not implanted.

That is why, when dealing with his workforce, I chose him to be so blatantly straight up about your character's record. 

Like I said, I love feedback. And even from yours, I've learned something. But we have to learn from each other. My Franz Weisgarber will, at this moment, stay the same. Unless a CCIAA investigation shows up to his door, he won't be less blatant about the records of those who try to work during his shift. Why am I saying this? Because Internal Affairs, CCIAA exist for a reason. 

That was pretty much an issue to be dealt with IC, rather than OOC. Otherwise, why would we have all these CCIAA boards? 

I thank you once again for your input, both of you. I believe I have gathered enough experience during this trial, yes, there is much more to gather, but as of now, I had learned the basics of all of it. I've yet to receive more feedback regarding my better rounds, but we all had enjoyed them, and I already asked and the people have answered. 

I've had the pleasure of interacting with Lolziam for a number of rounds and I can confidently say that I can give sound feedback.

He has shown that he is definitely capable of managing the station as well as being an excellent roleplayer, as evident from his time as the captain during this weeks event. He's made some mistakes, but it's natural for someone who's just starting out in a command position. I would not hold his mistakes against him and rather see them as an opportunity to learn from it. I'm glad that you were given a trial, and I hope to see more of you in rounds.

+1

Absolutely fantastic these past few rounds, more than a capable leader and effective organizer of on-station events and handling issues as they come up, especially on extended rounds, which pertains incredibly well to their role on station and how they like to handle interpersonal crew conflict.

+1, No Job.

12 hours ago, Lolziam said:

We shrugged it off and called it a "Live and learn" situation. I am sorry if that mistake caused you so much discomfort during the event.

Oh boi the balls on this one. I had to go to bed an couldn't play the event but i saw you going in as the trial command and i got to admit i wouldn't have done that myself :P

This is the new kid going all in and i like that, i got two things for you which you should do -> Ask for a longer trial, since you are learning quickly, which i enjoy, but dropped into command way to early struggling with things like the nuke... i strongly agree that we have a  lot of  unwritten rules as command and it's not easy to be the new guy in there...

Apart from that a secret i will share with you on this very privat format: We heads don't play to win, we play to make the rounds fun. You can get a way with a lot of bad decisions if everyone involved has a laugh out of it which more often then not i had with you :)  

Giving my +1, but you should really get that trial extended to get a better feel for handling command

22 minutes ago, Cnaym said:

Oh boi the balls on this one. I had to go to bed an couldn't play the event but i saw you going in as the trial command and i got to admit i wouldn't have done that myself :P

This is the new kid going all in and i like that, i got two things for you which you should do -> Ask for a longer trial, since you are learning quickly, which i enjoy, but dropped into command way to early struggling with things like the nuke... i strongly agree that we have a  lot of  unwritten rules as command and it's not easy to be the new guy in there...

Apart from that a secret i will share with you on this very privat format: We heads don't play to win, we play to make the rounds fun. You can get a way with a lot of bad decisions if everyone involved has a laugh out of it which more often then not i had with you :)  

Giving my +1, but you should really get that trial extended to get a better feel for handling command

Thank you a lot, cnaym! I don't know which characters you play but I appreciate your feedback! The nuke situation during the event was nothing more than the effect of those snakes troubling the captain's mind! Don't worry. Hah. Furthermore, I am happy that you had a laugh. I never play to win. Like I've mentioned before, I don't enjoy it unless everyone does. 
Thanks once again. Highly appreciate your feedback :)

1 hour ago, Lolziam said:

Thank you a lot, cnaym! I don't know which characters you play but I appreciate your feedback!

Julia Barnes, RD for one small example. One of the loud "WHAT?" in that round. I play a lot of folks and am pretty active, i seen you do a good job :) I've seen you making hilarious mistakes, I've seen you learning quickly from them. Overall you are doing a good job... i'm sure you'll find your place in command :)

2 hours ago, Cnaym said:

Julia Barnes, RD for one small example. One of the loud "WHAT?" in that round. I play a lot of folks and am pretty active, i seen you do a good job :) I've seen you making hilarious mistakes, I've seen you learning quickly from them. Overall you are doing a good job... i'm sure you'll find your place in command :)

Thank you very much! 

Here's the thing. And I can make this confidently after watching Lolziam for a good while now.

Do they know all the little rules that command learn over months / years of playing? No. Not really.

Do they understand when they make a mistake and correct it for next time? Yes, absolutely. Which I think is more important than the first point I raised.

I was with CCIA joking about how often the captain was going for EBS and begging for an ERT when it wasn't needed. The next day I see the captain sending proper faxes, not requesting the ERT unless it was actually required and trying to simply serving as a force to help move the round along. 

Lolziam is a good person, they take criticism well and honestly I feel with experience they will make a great command member. Sure they will make mistakes over time, we all do. However what makes Lolziam shine is that when they make mistakes, they don't lie or try to weasel out of them. They own them and use the situation to perform better for the next situation they get thrown into. That is why I am giving this trial a turbo +1.

Edited by SHODAN