New Song for Jukebox - Velvet Rose by Naelynn

Naelynn

Hello!

I've wanted to add a new song to the jukebox. Before it is accepted, the coding staff needs some feedback from the server's playerbase! The song in question - Velvet Rose is attached to this post. The song was made by me earlier this year and is not published anywhere.

Please - Post how you feel about the song here. 
Do you want it in game as a jukebox option?

Thanks!

Velvet_Rose.mp3

3 hours ago, Gangstafary said:

I'd suggest for the removal of all music since they all sound like a clanky ASMR that can only evoke the word "trolling" on your mind, specially when what's sounding is Despacito or something like that.

Not sure where this hostility comes from, all I can say is that the song sounds good. I find new additions to the jukebox are long overdue. Most of the tracks on it are just old, that's all, I am not sure where that can be called "trolling". It's not like jukeboxes are publicly available to the crew anyway. Most of the time they come out of the warehouse and I have never experienced players argue over the fact if a jukebox should be running or not. The music is also confined to the room the jukebox is in.

tl;dr: great addition, would listen to it again. More additions are also welcome.

49 minutes ago, KingOfThePing said:

Not sure where this hostility comes from, all I can say is that the song sounds good. I find new additions to the jukebox are long overdue. Most of the tracks on it are just old, that's all, I am not sure where that can be called "trolling". It's not like jukeboxes are publicly available to the crew anyway. Most of the time they come out of the warehouse and I have never experienced players argue over the fact if a jukebox should be running or not. The music is also confined to the room the jukebox is in.

tl;dr: great addition, would listen to it again. More additions are also welcome.

Oh, don't misunderstand me, I mean no aggresiveness towards the OP nor anyone, and yeah it's not a suggestion thread but I felt the need of jump in and dump my two cents which are that: songs played by the server like "Ground control to Major Tom" sounds right, it's IG instruments which imo should be deleted cause, to me, they only bother with their strident ASMR-like sound.

The synth and orchestral piano seem to conflict when first introduced around 1:10, and during the first few moments of the drop following it around 1:37. Minor adjustments- the piece as a whole is wonderful, +1.

(Also, this should be moved to the 'projects' subforum)

Edited by Doc
50 minutes ago, Doc said:

(Also, this should be moved to the 'projects' subforum)

Ah... Didn't know.

If someone will move it, I'll appreciate it :D

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

The synth and orchestral piano seem to conflict when first introduced around 1:10, and during the first few moments of the drop following it around 1:37. Minor adjustments- the piece as a whole is wonderful, +1.

I think you mean the lo-fi esque sounding transition. Yeah... I struggled a lot with getting that part to fit in :(
Thank you very much for the review! I'll see if I can do better next time :D

56 minutes ago, StationCrab said:

Sounds neat. I'd like to see more songs unique to Aurora added. Music that fits our lore/theme. +1

No promises, but I might do something. Maybe work with one of the lore devs and make something cool? :D

45 minutes ago, Skull132 said:

Reminds me a bit of EVEs soundtrack. Which is neat. Well done.

Thank you. That's very high praise, genuinely. 

26 minutes ago, BoryaTheSlayer said:

I always found myself wanting to share music with others when I played my bartender.

Maybe we can convince someone to add a jukebox to the bar? One that's behind the counter, so the bartender can DJ!

12 minutes ago, AmoryBlaine said:

This is really good! We need OC music, I was complaining about the lack of OC music for the longest time- thank you for contributing here- this is amazing.

Thank you!

Very high production quality; I'm quite impressed. What VSTs/plugins did you use for this? And, out of curiosity, what DAW do you use?

Doc's point about the transition is good. Overall though I like it quite a bit. It's certainly inspired me to dust off FL Studio and get pumped to helping improve the jukebox. I do hope you intend to continue music as well as allow the server some more songs.

From a sound standpoint, please test the volume of this song versus the other jukebox songs and other in-game sounds; the heavier/bassier parts could potentially drown out parts of the game, and we definitely don't need something so nice to be as annoyingly loud as THUNDERDOME OGG. If it's high, consider lowering the project volume.

Overall, very excited to see this as part of the jukebox. You've got a talent.

6 hours ago, Doxxmedearly said:

What VSTs/plugins did you use for this? And, out of curiosity, what DAW do you use?

Ah, you're probably going to be disappointed in me ? 
image.png.1bbd2019d04da67cbe06aaf747876e4c.png

From a sound standpoint, please test the volume of this song versus the other jukebox songs and other in-game sounds; the heavier/bassier parts could potentially drown out parts of the game, and we definitely don't need something so nice to be as annoyingly loud as THUNDERDOME OGG. If it's high, consider lowering the project volume.

To me it sounds about as loud as space asshole in game (just now went in game and tried) , but I know people can be a bit sensitive to the music. If it'll be too loud, I can easily reduce the volume by exporting the project. 

Overall, very excited to see this as part of the jukebox. You've got a talent.

Thanks!