[Accepted] Zer0's Command Application

BYOND key:Zer0Winds
Character names:
    Gerhard Nielsen (Engineering Apprentice)
    Aksel Blackburn (Hephaestus Xenoarchaeologist)
    SIGMA (Corporate Reporter/Librarian)
    IA-39 (Anomalist/Xenoarchaeologist)
    REX (Free Positronic Roboticist/General Scientist)
    Monica Stratos (Nurse)
    Wandering of Endless Space (Biochemist)
    Shepherd In Vast Deserts (Xenobiologist)
    Katherine Sternell (Hepht. Maintenance Tech.)
    Watchdog (Warden)
    GERHARD (Barista/Chaplain)
    Akh'kar Kharnai (General Assistant. Canon Died.)

I have some other characters I have played only once or have made but only as a concept.
    Nav-039 (Golden Deep Merchant)
    Noel Lysthia (Necropolis Biochemist)
    Akhirra Salkahr (Quartermaster, or maybe HoP*)
    MT-13 (Hepht. Station Engineer)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:
    If my math is correct, which is highly unlikely since I didn't do math and am just going off my IPC Application... A few months or so? I played a round one time a long time ago, but it was just me checking out the server.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:
    I've wanted to be the Corporate Liason/Consular, especially since I do not really see that many, and do more RP with more emphasis on the different factions, corporations, paperwork... etc. I make a lot of corporate contractors, and I like the idea of working specifically to please that corporation, over NanoTrasen... And provides some nice RP opportunities with Contractors. I feel like my RP is improving, and command positions can provide a unique challenge for that, and it can help me get even better. I also recently started being interested in the Captain, and Head of Personnel, so I decided that now would be a good time to try for the whitelist.

Why did you come to Aurora?:
    Because I liked the Heavy RP aspect, with a decent population. I started on Goon RP, liked the game, liked (some) of the RP I had, but it was a pretty low population, with constant crews of four or five. I was also getting increasingly unsatisfied with the pretty low RP, despite it being on the RP Server, and the pretty much lack of RP on their real server. So I had started looking at other servers, and at first, thought of TG Station, found more players per round... but with the same RP problem. So I took notice of Aurora's "Heavy Roleplay Server" tag in the server list, tried it out, and I did like it, but I returned to Goon because I didn't feel like learning the new code just yet... But I came back, once I truly got bored of Goon, and I love it, this is pretty much the only server I play on now.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:
    Yes, I have read them, multiple times, I've read the Station Procedures, and I have the wiki bookmarked in case I happen to forget something.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
    Not that I am aware of. I take care to avoid angering the gods. (Please correct me if my memory serves me incorrectly.)

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:
    Roleplay is where you take a universe, you make a character in that universe, and you assume the role of that character in that universe. You also forget about the real universe, but hey, in real life I can't work on a million-dollar research station as a robotic archaeologist, or a walking, talking tree amalgamation. You make a story, and move forward with it. Others around you can shape how your story ends up, and everyone theoretically provides a new part in the story. Or you know... You just be some insignificant janitor, and clean the floors. But hey, it's your story, your role, and your definition of the word fun. In short, make a role in a universe, and play out a story with that role.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
    You are expected to show you understand RP, and how to act in the department you are a head of. You drive the round's story forward. You are also expected to have an understanding in the department you chose; Helping new players is a part of your job description. If you don't know how your department even works, you probably shouldn't be head of that department. That being said, not everyone is expected to know every aspect of that department... A Research Director who specialized in Robotics may have some general knowledge in Xenobotany, but they aren't necessarily expected to be experts in that field. That's multiple PhD Level stuff after all.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
    The main responsibility I think is to be a good model for those around you. You are entrusted to move the round forward, and to be a capable roleplayer. If you act according to the rules it sets a good example to other players, but forsake that, and well... You aren't going to be Whitelisted long. I admit to... not really know, otherwise. I mean, I guess it's just that: You are a known player that is entrusted with the privilege of the Whitelist, for being a good player.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
    Synthetics play a large part of most of my characters, many of them being synthetic, playing as a Roboticist, and having a lot of Trinary Perfection followers. Tau Ceti is currently giving more rights to free IPCs, especially in the wake of the Synthetic Liberation Front. This also allows for IPCs to have a greater standing on the station... Such as being command staff. One IPC of mine (IA-39) has plans of buying its freedom, and these laws will give it more freedom to pursue it's goals in Tau Ceti, and possibly even rising in rank on the station. Aksel, is a Trinary Perfection follower, and is much fonder of Synthetics than he is of most people... He is the first person to defend the SLF if anyone speaks ill of them. REX, being dirt poor, working off debts, sees new possibilities opening up to it. My Dionae are not really affected otherwise... They know of it, they pay attention to it, but they don't really bother with it, unless someone else brings it up.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
    I want to play Corporate Liason mainly. I have since I saw them on the wiki when coming to this server. Originally, I had no plans on ever playing as Captain, but slowly, I've begun to develop an interest in the role, and now I actually want to play it. I might play Head of Personnel, I have a character concept in mind, but beyond that, I'm not too sure. Research Director, I want to play, at some point, but I still only know some aspects of research, and I just haven't tried learning the rest just yet. Chief Medical Officer and Head of Security aren't for me. Chief Engineer is undecided, once I get better at Engineering then I can go from there.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command**. Include the job they will be taking.:
    Index, an IPC NanoTrasen Corporate Liason
    Alyssa Braun, a human Hephaestus Industries Corporate Liason
    Vladimir Strelnikov, a human Head of Personnel
    Alice Stratos, a human Captain
    *Ahkirra Salkahr, a Tajaran Head of Personnel

Akoni Caladius, a human Dominian Consular Officer

Serena Reid, human Idris Incorporated Corporate Liason

** I don't think I'll ever have any of my current characters be a Command staff... I might have IA-39 or Shepherd In Vast Deserts try to become Research Director at some point, depending on how things IC go with them.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:
    I believe to be 7/10. I don't like rating myself, but hey, I have to. I don't know what others think of me, sadly. I feel like I have improved over my course of playing, just not enough to make that an 8.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
    Yes, I understand this. It is a privilege, and I do take care to not break any rules.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
    I have. I looked at Liason, Captain, Research Director, Head of Personnel, and Head of Security. I haven't bothered with CMO or CE yet, since I don't even plan to play CMO and I just don't feel comfortable with playing CE, since I barely know Atmospherics. I have the Station Procedures and Law bookmarked, and I have them in memory.

Extra notes:
   I tend to play RP-centric roles, or ones that don't really have a massive impact on station productivity, such as Xenoarchaeologist, Reporters, Librarians, Bartenders, and the Visitor/Assistant. It's another reason I want to be the Representative... It's solely an RP role. I also find there to be some great RP potential in both Captain and Head of Personnel.

Also, I know it seems like a lot of characters, under the planned characters list, but that's just how I am. I can say that the most likely you'll see from me, should I get a trial, are Index, Akoni, Serena, Alice, and one of the Heads of Personnel. The ones you're likely to see the absolute most, especially during a trial if it's granted, are Index, Alice, and Akoni. I felt like that was important to mention, since there were a number of characters there. That's it for the extra notes, I think.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

You have in-depth and thoughtful answers to the questions provided. I have had only a scattered few interactions with you that I remember but they have all been positive. +1

Index is a very good Representative, from what I've seen, and despite my exceptionally limited interactions with their other characters, such as GERHARD, I've found Zer0 to be a very, very good roleplayer and an all-around nice person. A +1 from me.

The characters themselves are lovely, I'd just work more on the communications side of command when taking Captain or the like. It's not fun to have total radio silence for the majority of the round, especially not on hectic ones like merc/borer. Aside from that, all seems finez.

Let me run around with the Captain's spare unsupervised +1

But in all seriousness I've had good experiences with both Index and Alice in round and think that they're both RPd well. You seem to shine a bit more in the Representative role, as you're very proactive with actually going around, engaging with crew, and giving quotas to meet, with my only real suggestion just being to keep up a constant stream of communication when you play Captain. 

Yeah, even I agree that I need more communication work. I have been trying to get a bit better at it. I was going to start carrying around the laptop more, for the communication system, after I realized that that was probably a good idea, and why did I not do it sooner? Then I was going to see about actually talking on the Common radio more often. Sometimes though, I do just... go quiet, when I don't know what to say, and it's a thing I need to work on more.

• Faris locked this topic