Changed my mind

Mikalhvi

I was looking forward to coming back after a long hiatus.

I've changed my mind.

Aurora is no longer what it once was. Too hostile and dramatic in OOC. Everything's a reason for everyone to get pissed off, it seems. Or to hurl insults.

It was fun while it was good. I'll be packing up my characters and taking them elsewhere, though; I'm sure other servers would be delighted to see them.

And no, this isn't a stupid "fix this or else" post. It's a formal farewell.

That being said?

Bye.

People need to stop getting pissed off in OOC about the dumbest stuff.

Don't let a group of whiners scare you off. You're not the only one who's upset and concerned by this recent influx and I don't want you to feel like everything's changed but you.

(i never even got to hold your hand yet ICly what is this torture)

Aurora is no longer what it once was. Too hostile and dramatic in OOC. Everything's a reason for everyone to get pissed off, it seems. Or to hurl insults.

Are you sure you visited the same server as me? Because this is exactly as I've always remembered it; Hell, it's exactly as I've remembered just about every SS13 server or RP community in general for that matter. People (Particularly on the web) are intrinsically toxic.

Are you sure you visited the same server as me? Because this is exactly as I've always remembered it; Hell, it's exactly as I've remembered just about every SS13 server or RP community in general for that matter. People (Particularly on the web) are intrinsically toxic.

Things changed after the forums and hosting changed.

We've lost a lot of good people in that time (and some shit ones too) but things became very un-chill.

And that's just not how I roll. I don't do well with people remorselessly making discriminatory "jokes" and saying 'lol'/'kek' when someone says "hey can you please not". People coming in fresh don't need to see that either; it sets a bad precedent.

Things changed after the forums and hosting changed.

We've lost a lot of good people in that time (and some shit ones too) but things became very un-chill.

And that's just not how I roll. I don't do well with people remorselessly making discriminatory "jokes" and saying 'lol'/'kek' when someone says "hey can you please not". People coming in fresh don't need to see that either; it sets a bad precedent.

If you're referring to the ironic holo-skeptic joke I cracked in OOC, I do genuinely apologize for that. It wasn't funny.

Goodbye everybody.

I've got to go.

Got to leave you all behind and face the truth.

MAMAAAAA OOOOOHOOOOOOOHHHH

DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU CRRRRYYY

Anywho, it's always sad to see people go (to me) even if they don't leave permanently. While I disagree with the alleged toxicity level of our community, and I think we have a lot of outstanding roleplayers, it's no use trying to force and convince people to stay who want to leave. You seemed awfully nice in the brief discussion we had on Discord, and I wish you the best in your roleplay travels.

to be honest , OOC has always been full of 'FUCK YOU' 'GO KILL YOURSELF' and other things. its always been that way on every server except for the ones disallowing bigotry. if you can't stand quotes by Donald Trump , bad and offensive jokes , and spam , then mute OOC , thats my opinion on it

if you're being an unapologetic shithead about it than you deserve everything you get in return

OOC is not meant for childish 4chin-esque spamming and retardation. Jokes are all well and good provided you aren't socially inept to understand that there are boundaries of acceptability. The first thing that comes from self-improvement is moderation. You know, being able to exercise enough self-control to be able to get along with folks. For some reason it's a really rare virtue.

The only time it's ever acceptable to use the free speech argument to cover their own arses is when they're being purposefully silenced based on bias and legitimately have not done anything wrong or broken any rules, I think the server staff reserves the right to issue consequences to specific player behavior when violations occur.

Don't be a fuckhead OOCly and follow the damn rules, that's all anyone asks, and if you don't know what this means, then go and stay go.

It's otherwise saddening to hear when community members leave as a result of the community starting to have summerfags creep in all of a sudden to stir shit and end up causing folks to have an awful time. I won't say it's always been like this because it was rarely to this severe of a degree that it was happening.

It's an issue at this point but it's caused by individuals. Those individuals either need to sort themselves out or be sorted out individually.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Free speech protections are to protect you from the government. Staff can put whatever rules they want in place on conversations in this community, and they really should start enforcing some sense of standards in OOC more often.

its always been that way on every server except for the ones disallowing bigotry. if you can't stand quotes by Donald Trump , bad and offensive jokes , and spam , then mute OOC , thats my opinion on it

Apparently this translates into, "Casual racism is a-okay here."

No bud, not how it goes.

Also, this goes for everyone. Know that there's a difference between ripping on someone who's fine with it, and ripping on someone for the sake of ripping on them. The former is fine, the latter is malicious and amazingly awful. Ergo, you really should not.

If someone politely asks you to stop, specially if you're ripping on them, then please, stop. And while I present that as a request, I expect it to be heeded. The excuse of, "Yeah, you should just turn off OOC if you don't want to hear this," while valid to a point, loses its validity when you're acting without paying any consideration to others within and the community.

You ask someone to turn off OOC when you're discussing something that doesn't involve them, and they don't like. Such as politics, or a gameplay topic they don't like, whatever.

Your request becomes invalid when you're ripping on them or their actions, however, and doing so to an unreasonable amount. At that point, you're being malicious. And since our server's rule #1 is, "Don't be a dick," and since our discord has a similar rule, "Note that this is going to be run on a very simple, "No bullshit" policy. If you're here to fuck about on the expense of others, by being provocative, trolling, whatever; then you'll simply be banned. This is meant for everyone to have fun on and to foster a friendly environment. Do not turn it into a giant gagefight because you are unable to deal with people," expect to get told to fall back in line if you go too far.

So the ruling is this:

If you're shooting the shit with friends on OOC and some on pipes up with the old 'Ugh can you just not, that offends me' they the offended party should just turn of OOC as we have no obligation to be a hug box.

HOWEVER if you're having top bants with a player but then said player gets offended you should dial it down and apologise where appropriate.

That right?