MedSci resprite

Green or Blue? See recommended post for visual comparison.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is the overall colour of the medical department preferred as the current Green, or is a complete overhaul to Light Blue preferred? Subsection colours will remain regardless, i.e. orange pharmacist, red viro, etc. GreenMed would lead to green being the default trim colour for Medical Doctors, as well as return of the green cross sign, green lockers, and make the cross on all medical jumpsuits green. BlueMed would lead to blue being the default trim colour for Medical Doctors, as well as leave us with the blue cross sign, blue lockers, and make the cross on all medical jumpsuits blue, as well as an entire change of the green floor tiles throughout the whole department.

• Green
    • Blue

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/10/19 at 01:24

If security is black and light blue, I feel that med should be white and light green. Plus it's sensible for a video game to have green be the color of health, unless you went with red. Blue med never made sense to me in the context of the video game that it is, all lore and RP aside.

But really I just want some cohesive color coding to the station and uniforms so whatever is chosen will make me happier.

A forum poll is, frankly, pretty pointless. It's pretty easy for anyone on either side to just get their friends to jump in and skew a vote.

Green's been med. Green doesn't look bad. The sprites look great as green.

The only bad thing here has been your attitude throughout this whole endeavor. You really need to relax more when it comes to people critiquing and asking for change when it comes to your work. Not even this thread, but discord and OOC in game... It's frankly childish; not your opinion itself, but how you're going about it, calling it "spitting on my work." Relax.

Edited by Doxxmedearly
edited wording
12 minutes ago, Doxxmedearly said:

A forum poll is, frankly, pretty pointless. It's pretty easy for anyone on either side to just get their friends to jump in and skew a vote.

Green's been med. Green doesn't look bad. The sprites look great as green.

The only bad thing here has been your attitude throughout this whole endeavor. You really need to relax more when it comes to people critiquing and asking for change when it comes to your work. Not even this thread, but discord and OOC in game... It's frankly childish; not your opinion itself, but how you're going about it, calling it "spitting on my work." Relax.

Given this is all my work, I'll call either side of it what I want. Green is essentially a backtrack on my work all because the floor tiles don't match and one person with on the dev team said something. This poll, was my idea. These sprites, were my idea. The 'critiques' so far are opinions on what colour to choose. No one, has commented on the sprites themselves. This is an inherently superficial debate, given both colours are equally acceptable and the only actual value to a side is the manpower expended. And guess where the manpower was expended from.

I personally prefer green as it makes Medical feel distinct. While I understand Medical and Security's uniforms are different enough to not cause a huge amount of confusion, to me it's still preferable that we not have multiple departments all have the same colour. Plus green is a good colour for healing and growth, it's also used in a lot of hospitals in real life, and it's just as soothing to look at as blue. Plus, every other SS13 server uses light blue. While one can argue that the different uniforms will make us look unique enough, I feel that maintaining green while also having different uniforms will maximize that.

Either way, whichever colour comes out on top, the uniforms themselves are fantastic, and look great either way.

3 hours ago, niennab said:

Is there any chance we can put the old Roboticist's jumpsuit in the load out tab for generic jumpsuits? I am really attached to the black and red aesthetic and I would hate to lose it permanently for my Roboticist.

We can make an alt, if you'd like. Suggestions are always open.

• Gem locked this topic