Player Complaint - Shodan - 06/24/2019

BYOND Key: MissNatcula
Game ID: b1U-aJnx and b1U-bdyl
Player Byond Key: Sophie Hawkins, Shodan
Staff involved: TheGrout
Reason for complaint: First I figured this situation was IC. I don't normally jump to OOC. I have OOC muted except for looc. I don't like ooc drama. But when I've only seen a character every one the manifest oocly; never ig. Never as a ghost. No interaction whats so ever, then this character seems drawn and out to get mine with no provokation I begin to question.

Round b1U-aJnx started slow. I played normal Lin doing normal Lin things. A PDA message comes in from Albert; a shrink to Lin and sorta friend, about how Gonzales is being a usual asshole. Lin basically agrees Gonzales is a prick and round continues. Lin minds her own business but eventually the radio chatter for security gets on the topic of Gonzales and Lin; hating Gonzales for ic reasons, states her opinion openly about not showing him any respect if he wont show her respect; which he never does even on command chat in that very round. Then Hawkins starts defending Gonzales and Lin continues to defend her own opinion and what Gonzales has done to her, and all of it was truthful from Lin's expierence. Bayer even mentions that what Lin was saying is true and Gonzales indeed is an asshole.

Sophie then goes to the captain and hop and reports Lin for belittling her, ignoring her. Security calls for her to come to a scene of a possible murder; body found with what looks like foul play, and Hawkins refuses and claims her meeting is more important. Round ends with every one confused why she thinks she has been belittled and ignored when Lin personally hardly even talked to her at all. Infact never once that I personally can recall did I directly, personally, speak to her aside from when Lin stated her own opinion on Gonzales.

Next round starts. This happens straight out of the gates; https://pastebin.com/3znxvLGJ
This is when I start to question. This is when I ahelp. This is also when I get called into a discord chat to talk about Maxwell and Gonzales from last round.

When everything finally finishes the station is dark, power is loss and captain summons Lin to his office.  I was told oocly by ghosts on discord that Hawkins went straight to the captains office after the meeting scene so I already knew she was saying some sort of w/e and since I ahelp'd it right away I already knew oocly what mess I was walking into. But ICly I kept Lin in the mindset of 'why is my time being wasted I need to stay in the brig while power is loss'.

I have to go the extra long way all the way to the captains office due to blast doors. I finally get there. Confronted about the obvious. Lin gets bitched at over the sec; boarders boarding, no weapons out, help, help, where are you lin, shit going on. Lin finally says she has a job to do and this whole situation is a huge waste of time and basically Hawkins is fishing icly to steal a job Lin feels she worked her ass off to obtained and leaves.

By the time she finally gets back to the armory some one has died. I just oocly wanted to cryo because every one is blaming Lin for not being there; despite Lin trying to explain she was summoned by the captain for by far the stupidest reason compared to what was actually happening. Eventually I cryo because oocly I'm just fed up with every one saying Lin let them down because apparently Hawkins accusing Lin of belittling her was more important then letting Lin just do her job. Then Easter; the officer who died, basically has a melt down and keeps pestering Lin up till I cryo her.

I get sent SS' and texts of Hawkins after I cryo'd and disconnected furthering this was oocly driven and not just IC.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/378473615693447171/592648273026875402/bruh.PNG
'(OOC) SHODAN43893: Sophie Hawkins - I apologise for the start of the round disarray. I was not the HoS.
(OOC) SHODAN43893: I tried to get Lin in a room with the captain so we could sort our issues out
(OOC) SHODAN43893: Lin was the hos'

Like her being HOS would have made the round better. Basically laying all the blame of the shitty round on my character. Despite I was pulled away from the start of it BECAUSE of her. At least thats how I read that. Also right at the beginning of the round it was clear she was upset she did not get HOS in looc with the;
  : oh come on.
  Kiva Santorii: oof
  Oscar Easter: poor shodan

I want to say that it has been a week of me getting off work irl, logging into the server and seeing Sophie Hawkins as HOS and then closing out of the game to play something else. Never did I log in under her and start 'finding' things to complain to a captain about. Its not -my- role. Its not -anyones- role. I respect there are other HOS players and they want to play. Sure, got upset when every single night I could not play because she was taking that role. Did I ooc slam her? No. Did I IC dig dirt and try to get her fired? Hell no.

But it certainly looks like that is what she is doing to me. The two rounds, back to back, after I never saw or rped with this character ever till today. Now I don't even want to fucking play after days if not getting a decent full round of game in.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? Yes, and I was also pulled into a discord involving Albert Maxwell/Activeknockback, Fernado Gonzales/Resi and Eric Bayer/Bear which relates to this whole thing since Sophie was reporting to the captain about Lin 'slandering' Gonzales when she was expressing truthful situations she had been in with Gonzales and has been wronged which was only brought up when Albert Maxwell's character came to Lin complaining about maybe losing his job due to Fernado Gonzales. Also Eric Bayer was witness to everything that happened in round b1u-aJnx as he was in security and also was a witness to how Lin had been treated by Gonzales meaning the 'slander' was truthful stories.

TheGrout first claimed it was ic issue but then said to make a player report if I had an issue after explaining a little it coming to Lin facing possible demotion or action taken against her icly.
Approximate Date/Time: 06/24/2019

Hi - Sophie Hawkins player here, Shodan. I'll address some of these points as I move through the narrative, however I do strongly believe that this should have been an IR over anything OOC. I was not angry with them OOCly for taking the HoS slot, any OOC comments were made in jest and were not to be taken seriously.

So - prefacing this with an apology. If anything I said or mentioned in an OOC capacity upset you, or you believe I was acting maliciously I apologize. I never intended to upset you or hurt your feelings in any way, shape or form.

Now, allow me to address your complaint point by point.

When it comes to Gonzales, Sophie absolutely adores him...she hears people making rumors about them all the time that are never based on anything solid and she always feels the need to defend him. No, this isn't a metabuddy level 'I love resi, so let me defend their character'. This is quite literally years of RP where Sophie has been going around, spending time with a knitting club, having dinner and otherwise enjoying Fernando's company along with his partner Astor. Both of them have been great friends to the redhead when she has had moment's of weakness, generally supporting her when she has been in her darkest places. So - having you in a command role and having you state things such as this:

spacer.png

When I have literally had him and his partner suggest ways Sophie can deal with her mental trauma and were supportive...well it came off as a lie to me. I asked Gonzales about it, he brought up a situation mid-round which I had witnessed about him interacting to assist his patient who had mental trauma and I just had no idea why Lin would be saying crap like that. That is when she began to rub Sophie up the wrong way. Anyway I dropped the idea of a slander charge almost as quickly as I mentioned it, borrowed the doctor's ID and tried to have a meeting about how insulting people is generally a bad idea and how you should keep things to yourself.

It didn't really work, like 4 people came so I gave up and moved on.

Allow me to make a counter argument, if you will about the next point here. You used the loosest possible terminology possible to try and give Gonzales a charge of battery, gave the bare minimal information related to the case, simply mentioning how he had thrown someone. The officer that then volunteered to handle the case had literally mentioned earlier on in the shift, in quite a serious tone that they would have to get their own battery charge if they were around Gonzales. I suspected fowl play, and so tried to get another officer to handle the arrest. You said nothing...absolutely nothing to resolve this issue. I felt ignored and totally useless under your command.

spacer.png

I also noted, being the astute detective I am, that Gonzales had thrown this person after he had said on common:

spacer.png

Finally, let me link me pretty much pleading for a different officer to take part in the case. Which was pretty much ignored at the time.

Capturdsfe.PNG

Lin did not make a single comment during this. At least from what I noticed. I followed Gonzales up to the brig to make sure that he did not get abused during detainment, before continuing to argue with Eric some more. I told him that interviewing suspects was my job as the detective, in which he basically told me I was stepping on his toes so he would step on mine. He goes ahead and fines Gonzales for the battery, Gonzales pays and then we move on from there. At this point I was pissed with Lin in an entirely IC capacity, Sophie was angry and so she decides to go to the captain about it.

Moving forward, I was called to the scene of the body, yes. During this time I was in a meeting with the captain, Gonzales and Thea to vent my frustrations about Lin. I also felt like handling a crime scene was more of an FT than a detective role, but I will admit I never checked to see if we had one. I like most of command both on an IC and OOC perspective so it is generally quite fun to vent to them to see what they think. Sophie also wanted to complain about Lin seemingly going out of her way to try and get Gonzales punished, something a HoS should never really do. They should separate themselves from their relationships and just...do things fairly. This is also the difference I have in playing Soph as a Loy implanted individual (much more fair, calm and balanced) over non-loy implanted (more emotional).

End of that round. It was extended, so I took the events as cannon. Lin seemed to have some hate-boner towards one of her only close friends and so by association ended up really upsetting Sophie. It wasn't really the direct actions your character did, but partly some of the inaction you made when I actually needed you to step in.

Beginning of next round, I took it as being a double shift as sorts - crew were similar, soreness from the previous round and so Sophie interrupts to say how you were out of order. She never got any kind of closure and so carries on the argument. I also thought it would be interesting from an RP perspective - I want to re-clarify this now.

I have, and never have had any OOC hate towards you. I am British...we use a lot of sarcasm and digs in an un-serious manner. If I typed something and you misunderstood the meaning that my fault as I should know by now that its hard to read sarcasm over text.

Anyway I run off to the captain as I decide that A- OOCly probably starting off like that was a mistake and B- I wanted to get this sorted in a way where we wouldn't be arguing anymore. My intention in going to the captain was not go get you demoted, but instead to simply make it so that we could share the same department. This like in particular was a little frustrating as well:

image.png.5a6ac9193e08645af40e7d81ae797c0f.png

Sophie really doesn't like being called that. Or 'pet' names in general. Its something that went around in her mind and it just seemed like you did not give a fuck. Like if you turned around to the angry Soph and said 'hey, I fucked up but i'd appreciate handling this after briefing' Sophie would have listened to you. Instead you were kinda rude.

image.png.297f101a328743cd0740be55b86d39e9.png

After I said to Thea how you spoke to me, she suggested that it takes a majority vote to get rid of you. I specifically turned this down because I don't want some shit fest where I have a HoS who might hate me / I hate when I soley play security. I just wanted to resolve it. And if it wasn't for a raider round I probably would have been able to spend time with you in the captain's office, sit with you and explain how I can be an asshole, but how I want to apologize for my side of things when it came down to it. Everyone blaming you for not responding after the captain had called you to the office because of me - again I am sorry for that.

Did Sophie act in a way that was emotion fueled and perhaps a little childish? Yes? Was it outside the realms of plausible RP? Not really. Most of it boils down to a large misunderstanding and after this player complaint is concluded I hope to actually move on and rp with you in a reasonable manner.

2 hours ago, MissNatcula said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/378473615693447171/592648273026875402/bruh.PNG
'(OOC) SHODAN43893: Sophie Hawkins - I apologise for the start of the round disarray. I was not the HoS.
(OOC) SHODAN43893: I tried to get Lin in a room with the captain so we could sort our issues out
(OOC) SHODAN43893: Lin was the hos'

The OOC comments were uncalled for, specifically the ones about the start of round disarray. And I honestly would like to apologize for them. I was just...frustrated at this point? I stayed up for this round, watched you seemingly just vanish off into cryo without any mention of anything and then when I took over the situation I managed to get things under control. By this point my brain was on sleepy tired mode and this was supposed to highlight how I called you away so it really wasn't your fault...but I guess I worded it kinda shitty.

2 hours ago, MissNatcula said:

I want to say that it has been a week of me getting off work irl, logging into the server and seeing Sophie Hawkins as HOS and then closing out of the game to play something else. Never did I log in under her and start 'finding' things to complain to a captain about. Its not -my- role. Its not -anyones- role. I respect there are other HOS players and they want to play. Sure, got upset when every single night I could not play because she was taking that role. Did I ooc slam her? No. Did I IC dig dirt and try to get her fired? Hell no.

But it certainly looks like that is what she is doing to me. The two rounds, back to back, after I never saw or rped with this character ever till today. Now I don't even want to fucking play after days if not getting a decent full round of game in.

Let me handle the final part of your complaint with a single paragraph.

I never wanted or attempted to demote you. I never OOCly desired to have you removed from a role, no matter how angry my character was with you at any moment in time. Was I frustrated at the start of the round? No...more disappointed. I agreed with a bunch of command members at the end of that round that I would go HoS if they would take their own command roles once again. It was going to be a super cool command dream team that were going to work well together, and I even asked nicely in OOC if I could have the role. I ended up not getting it, which was upsetting but nothing too drastic. I have had plenty of rounds were I have played under other heads of security, just ask @Aboshedab or the player of Joeseph Lock if I act like a child that did not get the sweet they wanted. They will tell you otherwise.

In conclusion I don't really understand why this is a player complaint? I understand if you believed that I had some bad intentions in an OOC capacity - but believe me when I say this was all IC. I never wanted it to be something that upset you - instead I wanted us to eventually shake hands and move on in the captains office. The round type did not allow for this, sadly and due to you completely ignoring me on discord I was never able to explain my side. Well here you are.

Tagging @Resilynn as they had a massive involvement in this round, as well as @Contextual and @ShesTrying. There were a few more than can chime in as needed I guess. Let's get @Nantei in too as well as @Bear

Edited by SHODAN
Adding conclusion

Hawkins literally brought up more then once her issue with Lin was not that it had anything to do with Gonzales it was she belittled your character. Nows there is different context and she was merely defending her friend? Also its extremely hard to believe that if Hawkins has spent ANY time at all on Aurora in the presence of Gonzales that Lin would not be the first to have brought up Gonzales being a prick and doing very unsavory stuff towards other crew. Its literally being completely ignorant to hear any bit of bad news about some one and write it off as fake news. Not to mention people supported what she was saying about him and that it was true yet Hawkins still decided to be that stubborn about it and call it slander? 9/10 rounds I see Gonzales SOME ONE complains about his behavior, he commits battery or verbal abuse and usually is trying to fire some one that isn't part of his posse or he deems a good employee. No way. I'm sorry but no way in hell could Hawkins had dodged the amount of complaints about him if Hawkins is as old of a character on Aurora as you make her out to seem.

Also he literally; in that round, was from what Maxwell claimed was acting as if psychiatrist was not a respectable profession and was at risk of getting canned. Which Maxwell relayed to security. Whether it was true or not unless you had your fingers in your ears its again, very ignorant to ignore what Maxwell was saying what was happening to him and it was literally about working within mental health and Gonzales not taking it seriously.

Also why would Lin, the HOS, your boss. Need to finely detail a arrest warrant? They are your boss. You do what they say. Do you also question the captain? I explained what he did, that he even admitted himself to committing a crime over coms. It just seems like your character is more stubborn then a mule when it comes to intaking information that sheds her friend in a bad light. I even explained that Maxwell was not to be charged with anything till after I spoke with the captain since Gonzales was spouting for Lin to arrest them on charges he didn't even commit. You want to accuse Lin of over stepping her rights in command, Gonzales all round was trying to boot Maxwell for every little thing.

Also Gonzales completely ignored Lin when she explained;
1. Maxwell was already in the brig with her when Gonzales accused him of responding like an EMT. Thus it wasn't responding to her was it. Just helping Lin not die when she collapsed into crit at his feet.
2. Maxwell 'failing to comply to an order' charge would have been letting Lin die at his feet if he listened to Gonzales. Which would realistically lose a doctor his license for failing to do what you can to save a person that you have the means to save. Its called a code of ethics. Which does exist.
3. Wasn't trespassing, he was let in and welcomed...like hello?
4. EMT didn't show up till much later even after Maxwell yelled over the radio for help.

In the end, Gonzales, no, anyone. Has no right to put their hands physically on some one and throw them across a room like Gonzales did. Command or not. That is battery. For Hawkins to act like Gonzales did not deserve that charge should be questioned as to how and why they are a HOS. The law is the law. No excuse or pardon because of rank.

Also Lin made no comment because she was pissed. Text was flying by, she was talking to the captain about Gonzales and Maxwell and honestly, security shouldn't need hand holding to do their job all the time. The warrant was placed, she gave reasoning. She is the boss. Those two rounds, Hawkins didn't treat Lin like she was Head of Security at all. The whole time was judging her ethics and accusing her of shit. You wonder why Lin was so hostile? Maybe because like with Gonzales, no respect was ever given. Not even at the beginning. Just head butting and denying Lin her own right of opinion because the opinion just so happened to one Hawkins didn't agree with.

Using the excuse of you being British isn't really an excuse for being rude. You are after all in charge of what you type and considering you seem aware that your culture of speak might offend some one or come off as rude means you should be aware enough to take a step back and maybe think 'hm will this hurt some ones feelings'. You typed those things and pressed enter. Yeah, sometimes people make mistakes, get mad but to continue with them, all round? I find the apology for the ooc stuff kinda hard to accept. If it was a one off comment, sure. But to continue blabbing is the very reason I have ooc off. Unnecessary drama.

Also Lin's sweetie comment and bringing up her years of dedication to the company, yeah. Was catty. But then again, you interrupt your boss right at the start of a meeting, you kinda deserve to take a hit for it. Especially when that starts off with insulting them before they even say a single word. In front of every one. Lin could have just fired Hawkins on the spot. Realistically, if you pulled that on a boss irl thats what would have happened. It wouldn't matter if you were right or wrong. If that boss was an asshole or not. You can't at all expect some one to want to be reasonable, calm and want to talk after you blurt out they are not suitable for their position in front of all of their employees. Then continue to cut them off when they are trying to just move on.

Whether you were or weren't trying to get Lin demoted is not the point. Hawkins came off as a hundred percent as trying to get Lin fired, or at the very least in trouble. No way would every one from my point of view look at the situation and would think Hawkins wanted to just talk it out. You don't go to the top of the food chain and complain and expect people to assume you just want to 'talk it out'.

Also the fact you just mentioned talking ooc about the perfect command line up and such, its basically metaclick. Which is very hypocritical considering you said above you are not metaclick/metabuddying. You are saying basically; as I see it, I was HOS and because you didn't end up HOS, I ruined your metabuddy dream team which clearly I'm excluded from lol, jk, not funny. Highly insulting considering this is not about how likable you are like thats suppose to convince me to forgive you. You could have every other command staff player say you are awesome but it doesn't change how I feel about what you did, towards me. This is not a popularity contest.

Also I didn't ignore your discord. But private discord discussion chat flew out the window when that second round started and you continued rolling the punches. Little late. I want it out in the public.

Hi!

I think SHODAN has been HoS longer than I’ve been command- so, 2 years, at least.  Could be wrong. 

All of this sounds like an IC issue. We ended the round before, the one where I tossed Maxwell out of the way because he was trespassing in my medical bay, told me to fuck off when I told him to go see the hop, and was failing to properly treat Lin (when your toxins are severe, dialysis is just getting the poison out of your blood- scrubbers do not put poison in your blood, they put it in your lungs. All he was doing was filtering out the dylovene he was giving you and letting you get liver failure)- we ended that round as a command team hanging out in the bar because we pretty much unanimously thought it was ridiculous an HoS would 1. Shit talk another member of command unprompted over their departmental radio (I don’t think we had even interacted in round before I had officers coming up to me like uhhhhh what’s the hos doing- officers, not just Sophie).  And we pretty much unanimously thought it was ridiculous you were charging me for battery and not charging Maxwell for neglect of duty, trespassing, and failure to execute an order.

So it makes sense the same captain and Sophie wanted to talk to you. Unless you’re suggesting characters are not allowed to have a grudge, which, given your characters conduct with mine, seems unlikely. 

I was tagged so ill give my honest opinion. Understand it is merely of those two rounds Shodan. My char and yours get along wonderfully 99% of the time and an off round doesnt change that :)

Tbh though, I have to admit your char seemed very intent on ignoring others information and feedback, which is okay obviously from an IC standpoint. But it was very confusing to Eric why youd support him when he was saying psychiatrists werent real doctors -in front of one- yet then turned around to tell my char shed never seen him act like that. It became -not- okay when you began dogging Eric trying to get the processing over with in front of Gonzales. Which is why Bayer essentially said step off to Hawkins. As Eric said in round as you kept hanging around Gonzales it appeared from an odd man out you were trying to drive a wedge between the team.

Though your comment about Eric was understandable. I should have clarified that was sarcasm ICly about taking my baton to him. Simply, Eric is tired of watching Gonzales get away with acting like a prick. Hed have arrested him the prior round for battery as well had the HoS not waylaid it because the shuttle was there. 

That being said, above was and remained an IC issue. Thats the joy of RP and conflicting personalities! It created tension! Below is where that changed. But this is my opinion and I am but a flat brained stunbaton user so take it with a grain of salt:

Tbqh the captains meeting was over the line imho. Using a previous round to snipe another char the next round seemed a bit absurd. If you char wants to meet civilly find a middle ground. You may have intended for it to be simply a place where talks could have facilitated, but it very much looked like you were trying to job snipe. I understand this wasn't your intention but you must also be able to see where others glancing at it could say the same.

Try and think of it objectively and remove the context. If you and I were in the work place and you were going to my bosses boss, after starting the round with hostility then had me called into said bosses office how would it look? Very poorly.

To touch on the Resi's point about the Cap and Sophie wanting to chat, I have to disagree. It was a previous round and a new day. Not all the witnesses were present and any touching on it  would have simply been word of mouth and circumstantial. If there was to be talkings too or reprimands to be had that should have been left to an IA agent no? It was extendo after all. Especially as it risks setting the player up for a very poor position (like it did when the raiders showed up) and quite frankly isnt fair to the player. You could say well icly you cant always expect when things will hit you but oocly we understand mechanics and balancing are set for a reason. That meeting quite literally fucked Dyslioth sideways. I dont blame her for cryoing.

As I said though, that is simply my opinion as I was tagged, take it as such, dont feel the need to respond or waste a bunch of time on counter pointing me ^^ as I fully understand and support you having a diff take on it all.

Regardless! Off rounds happen where we make poor decisions. Trust me I have loads of them. Still love you all :)

I play Easter. The melt-down was directed at quite a few people, Lin just happened to be his boss. It culminated in my officer getting shot to death by other Security officers in a foolhardy attempt at rage-induced vigilante justice on a captured raider.

See, my character died, was cloned, told bluntly that he was a clone and then learned of his own death over a recorder he keeps.

Didn't see it, but me and another Officer were shit-talking the whole situation with the meeting in the Captain's Office when we saw it over cameras. I actually really enjoy your character, Dyslioth, and Shodan's too!

Edited by Brutishcrab51
Additions

Heya. I play Phi Rathens and Maki Midori, so I was present for both rounds. I'll bee throwing my two cents in here. 

So first of all I want to start with saying I am not sure why this is being brought into OOC. Shodan's comments, while in poor taste, are hardly worthy of a player complaint. If we are to consider this our stopping point, I think we all know more than a few people who would be in deep trouble. I am frankly not sure why this was even ahelped, this is very much an IC thing from my purrspective. The worst that should have come from this is an IR IMO.

I will probably use a lot of quotes, which may make it difficult to respond to me, and is a posting style I am not purritcularly fond of; but I think it is the best way to address it since I am late to the party here, and there are numerous small things that jump out to me.

8 hours ago, MissNatcula said:

I want to say that it has been a week of me getting off work irl, logging into the server and seeing Sophie Hawkins as HOS and then closing out of the game to play something else. Never did I log in under her and start 'finding' things to complain to a captain about.

So I think this is a pretty poor way to start things off. Did Shodan want the roll? Yeah. Have I ever seen Shodan try and get an HoS fired mid-shift to snipe it? Never. I think you are taking this in bad faith off the bat.

Shodan is not the only player who took issue with you these rounds. ICly Maki found your attire and the way you belittled the other officers as incredibly unprofessional, most of security very much did not like you at this point, Shodan was ironically the most neutral about it when I talked to them about it, so the claim that they were trying to gun for your job is something I find very absurd. Similarly I took issue with specifying a black rigsuit in this drill. It felt like a blatant attempt to prey on players who would meta this as, "Black rigsuit means Ninja. Probably stealing the captain's ID.". This is minor thing, which is why I said nothing at the time, but I wanted to point out that it really rubbed me the wrong way as probably our first meaningful interaction.

3 hours ago, MissNatcula said:

Hawkins literally brought up more then once her issue with Lin was not that it had anything to do with Gonzales it was she belittled your character. Nows there is different context and she was merely defending her friend?

People can contradict themselves. Also it can literally be both. I do not believe anything Shodan said implies it was one or the other. They are just trying to explain their characters' motives.

Also why would Lin, the HOS, your boss. Need to finely detail a arrest warrant? They are your boss. You do what they say. Do you also question the captain?

Yes, actually. I do. Often. There is nothing wrong with asking for details for such a high profile arrest. Being a head does not make Fernando above the law, but it does mean that his arrest should be treated with more decorum than most. Especially since your character had an obvious bias against him, people were absolutely right to question the arrest. Even Maki who will always try to adhere to the chain of command, requires you to earn her respect before she will do so without question. Not being questioned is something you earn, like it or not. Respect was not given to you because you had not earned it. I will say that when I mentioned in OOC that Maki has never had an issue with an HoS before you I very much meant it. And that is a big red flag for your conduct from my perspective. Your conduct as an HoS does not demand respect, it demands the opposite. You started the shift fairly hostile and uncomfortably, belittled your officers before even asking for their defense, and overall just pissed off most of security. I am not sure if you are coming from CM or what, but here? This isn't the military, your rank does not gain you respect on its own.

Using the excuse of you being British isn't really an excuse for being rude. You are after all in charge of what you type and considering you seem aware that your culture of speak might offend some one or come off as rude means you should be aware enough to take a step back and maybe think 'hm will this hurt some ones feelings'. You typed those things and pressed enter. Yeah, sometimes people make mistakes, get mad but to continue with them, all round? I find the apology for the ooc stuff kinda hard to accept. If it was a one off comment, sure. But to continue blabbing is the very reason I have ooc off. Unnecessary drama.

It was not an excuse, it was an explanation. They are not using it to excuse their behavior, they are using it to explain. This is why Shodan also apologized for it. I'd also argue this entire complaint is unnecessary drama, to be brutally honest.

9/10 rounds I see Gonzales SOME ONE complains about his behavior, he commits battery or verbal abuse and usually is trying to fire some one that isn't part of his posse or he deems a good employee.

Going back a bit. I take issue with this. I have played with Gonzales both in and outside of medical for awhile, even as a learning role, or a surgeon. Gonzales in my experience rarely goes out of his way to demote someone. You have to make a pretty big mistake, which seems to have happened here as Resi explains. And even then, Gonzales will rarely actually demote you unless you refuse to own it. Which seems to also have been the case here. Maxwell was quite literally a threat to your life, and whether or not Gonzales was a prick about how he went about it, his intentions are almost always to protect people. This is quite literally a core facet of the character.

You don't go to the top of the food chain and complain and expect people to assume you just want to 'talk it out'.

You actually do. Talking with you directly was not going to work, that was very obvious to anyone present. You even presented us evidence to show it in your pastebin. I don't think I need to give it a play by play to say that there was a ton of animosity between you two. Getting a neutral party to help talk is... honestly the mature thing to do. And the Captain was the best avenue for that. Was the timing poor? Yeah. But icly there's no way for Sophie to know there's going to be raiders. 99% of the time nothing of note happens on the Aurora, Shodan was just playing to that and acting accordingly. I was not at your meeting, but I will say that as soon as the ship was reported the meeting should have been postponed. I have no idea who is specifically at fault there, but I would imagine nobody was forced to stay, so I don't think it is fair to throw all blame off yourself and onto others. You might have gotten shit for it from the people attending, but most rational people would agree after the fact that there were more pressing things to do.

Anyways, very long post. Although I have a stake in this race since I am friends with Resi and Shodan, I do really hope things can be resolved without animosity. I think everyone would benefit from taking a step back to breathe and rethink each others' motives. I do not think you have ill intentions here, but I do think you are taking things too far, and would benefit from accepting Shodan's apology. I could act as a somewhat neutral party in a discord group chat if you are both up for it. You can always chat me up at Phi#8706. Thanks for reading. ❤️

4 hours ago, MissNatcula said:

Hawkins literally brought up more then once her issue with Lin was not that it had anything to do with Gonzales it was she belittled your character. Nows there is different context and she was merely defending her friend? Also its extremely hard to believe that if Hawkins has spent ANY time at all on Aurora in the presence of Gonzales that Lin would not be the first to have brought up Gonzales being a prick and doing very unsavory stuff towards other crew. Its literally being completely ignorant to hear any bit of bad news about some one and write it off as fake news. Not to mention people supported what she was saying about him and that it was true yet Hawkins still decided to be that stubborn about it and call it slander? 9/10 rounds I see Gonzales SOME ONE complains about his behavior, he commits battery or verbal abuse and usually is trying to fire some one that isn't part of his posse or he deems a good employee. No way. I'm sorry but no way in hell could Hawkins had dodged the amount of complaints about him if Hawkins is as old of a character on Aurora as you make her out to seem.

Yes, she belittled her by completely ignoring her as a detective and seemingly not caring what her input was on the Gonzales battery case. I wanted Eric off and a non-biased officer on to handle it and also to allow me to process them with a more analytical eye. I had been in the meeting with Fernando, Maxwell, Thea and well me so I knew what the problem was. It's not that Gonzales was a bad man and that Maxwell was a psych and that means he must hate him. No. On the contrary Fernando wanted Maxwell to stay in medical as a medical doctor which Maxwell failed to do. Fernando was tired of having a disobedient employee so fired him. A few minutes after this I hear how Gonzales had thrown the person he announced as fired so there was clearly more to the case than a simple battery charge. This is the reason why I don't play Sophie as a Security officer....she is a great detective but an difficult employee to wrestle under your control because Soph has an analytical mind. She wants to know how, why, where, when and what over 'this is technically a charge, book them'. She also doesn't believe half the things she hears about Gonzalo because believe it or not I don't spend a lot of time in the medical bay, I am questioning people or playing my HoS in a way that leaves me too busy. What I do know is that I have never found any of the complaints made about him to be true.

Also I want to point out that for a yellow charge, warnings are typically advised over anything else...and intent is the most important thing when it comes to corporate law. Lin, from Sophie's perspective was looking for a way to get a 'technical' charge onto a character she clearly did not like. Which is poor HoSing from an IC or OOC perspective.

Also why would Lin, the HOS, your boss. Need to finely detail a arrest warrant? They are your boss. You do what they say. Do you also question the captain? I explained what he did, that he even admitted himself to committing a crime over coms. It just seems like your character is more stubborn then a mule when it comes to intaking information that sheds her friend in a bad light. I even explained that Maxwell was not to be charged with anything till after I spoke with the captain since Gonzales was spouting for Lin to arrest them on charges he didn't even commit. You want to accuse Lin of over stepping her rights in command, Gonzales all round was trying to boot Maxwell for every little thing.

The captain is in a slightly higher position than you, with clauses in place that state his word is gospel. I am not Fernando, so please don't use something they did as an excuse for your own behavior in a very playground 'well he did it, so that means I can' way. Finally no, as the detective and someone that was trying to pay attention to a lot of situations around the station and also trying to get my chair RP in I acted based on the information I had, which was Maxwell was insubordinate and couldn't be arsed to listen to their CMO, going as far as to try and take RP away from the EMT and anyone else that acted in a 'first response' role. You had also shown quite openly that you did not like Fernando, the way you went about things lead me to believe you were acting out of spite than out of any interest of keeping up the law. 

In the end, Gonzales, no, anyone. Has no right to put their hands physically on some one and throw them across a room like Gonzales did. Command or not. That is battery. For Hawkins to act like Gonzales did not deserve that charge should be questioned as to how and why they are a HOS. The law is the law. No excuse or pardon because of rank.

They have every right to lay their hands on someone when they are literally giving you the wrong treatment and giving you organ damage. For Lin to act like Gonzales deserved that charge, it should be brought into question how and why they are a Hos. The law IS the law, but let me show you an important clause directly from the wiki.
image.png.797d8467b4bb1471956d39ff4fb51455.png

You were so caught up on the WHAT, that you did not seem to care about the WHY. This is my entire job as a detective, so I would have appreciated being given a chance to interview both parties and write a report based on findings. If I found that Gonzales was being an ass then sure, slap that charge on. If I found, which I would have, that he was literally saving your life when why the hell would you want to try and charge him for it?

Also Lin made no comment because she was pissed. Text was flying by, she was talking to the captain about Gonzales and Maxwell and honestly, security shouldn't need hand holding to do their job all the time. The warrant was placed, she gave reasoning. She is the boss. Those two rounds, Hawkins didn't treat Lin like she was Head of Security at all. The whole time was judging her ethics and accusing her of shit. You wonder why Lin was so hostile? Maybe because like with Gonzales, no respect was ever given. Not even at the beginning. Just head butting and denying Lin her own right of opinion because the opinion just so happened to one Hawkins didn't agree with.

Again, I can only act or say things based on the information I have available to myself. There was literally an argument about who was going to detain Fernando on sec coms, I explained clearly why I did not want it to be Eric at the time and you did not bother stepping in. That entire situation could have been resolved by a simple 'officer Maki take over' or even by just telling me to stand by for now. I had another person on standby with me at medbay to assume control of the arrest. I will take a moment now to show how a situation can be tied up in a round, rather than letting things heat and heat continually. Eric and I butted heads repeatedly, constantly stepping on eachothers toes and otherwise just annoying one another. He PDAs me at the end, decides it was kind of pointless and perhaps we could get a drink to move on. What a mature response and one that completely ended all frustrations. I now have no real IC or OOC issues with him and I am sure we can move on and work as a great team.

I never used it as an excuse, I used it to further explain the reasoning for why I said those things and then after the fact realized it was a mistake. This is why I am attempting to apologize to you over the few comments I made in OOC. In my head it was just banter, however it was poorly received banter and therefore I regret it. You don't have to take it if you don't want to.

Also Lin's sweetie comment and bringing up her years of dedication to the company, yeah. Was catty. But then again, you interrupt your boss right at the start of a meeting, you kinda deserve to take a hit for it. Especially when that starts off with insulting them before they even say a single word. In front of every one. Lin could have just fired Hawkins on the spot. Realistically, if you pulled that on a boss irl thats what would have happened. It wouldn't matter if you were right or wrong. If that boss was an asshole or not. You can't at all expect some one to want to be reasonable, calm and want to talk after you blurt out they are not suitable for their position in front of all of their employees. Then continue to cut them off when they are trying to just move on.

Whether you were or weren't trying to get Lin demoted is not the point. Hawkins came off as a hundred percent as trying to get Lin fired, or at the very least in trouble. No way would every one from my point of view look at the situation and would think Hawkins wanted to just talk it out. You don't go to the top of the food chain and complain and expect people to assume you just want to 'talk it out'.

I totally agree that Hawkins acted out of order at the start of the round from an IC perspective, yes. My main motives for doing so was oh hey, I am with the same HoS who I just had a massive falling out with and who Sophie is still extremely frustrated with. Lets just throw it out there. That's what Sophie is, emotional. Could/should you have submitted an IR about her outburst? Yes, absolutely! Could you have handled it differently other than being straight up catty and adding fuel to the fire? Again, yes! But that isn't what happened, as we both know. It would not have been out of place for you to suspend me or take other IC action, however dragging it to an OOC player complaint is still someone I am massively confused about. One thing I would not expect my boss to do was start punch back and acting in a demeaning fashion. 

Also...wasn't one of the big reasons behind your player complaint due to me being OOCly frustrated that you took my spot or something along those lines? I mean let me grab this quote from the original report:

10 hours ago, MissNatcula said:

So the fact I was not actively trying to get you fired, and instead was in the captains office to try and sort things out pretty much disputes this. I could make an assumption from this and state the reason you are trying to make this player report over an IR of some kind is that you are hoping to have some administrator action that prevents me from playing HoS. Therefore, no longer taking up the role you wish to play. But, contrary to this I do not believe this is the case. You were upset with my actions IC, took them as OOC angers (which they weren't, id happy invite you over for metaphorical tea) and then once you saw a couple of OOC comments assumed I was out for blood.

Natcula, I barely know who you are in an OOC context, I even had to ask around in chat for your Discord so I could explain that I had no issues with you in an OOC capacity. Instead you just tell me you don't want to talk and how a player report has to happen. That's fine, but I wish you allowed me to explain.

5 hours ago, MissNatcula said:

Also the fact you just mentioned talking ooc about the perfect command line up and such, its basically metaclick. Which is very hypocritical considering you said above you are not metaclick/metabuddying. You are saying basically; as I see it, I was HOS and because you didn't end up HOS, I ruined your metabuddy dream team which clearly I'm excluded from lol, jk, not funny. Highly insulting considering this is not about how likable you are like thats suppose to convince me to forgive you. You could have every other command staff player say you are awesome but it doesn't change how I feel about what you did, towards me. This is not a popularity contest.

Also I didn't ignore your discord. But private discord discussion chat flew out the window when that second round started and you continued rolling the punches. Little late. I want it out in the public.

At the end of that round, myself and a couple of command members went to the bar to talk about if YOUR actions during that round were IR worthy, as you seemed solely interested to try and fuck with Gonzales and were not acting how most of us assumed a HoS should act. We decided that we really could not be bothered and then the conversation came about what everyone was doing after the round. We all decided to take our command slots up then and there, which wasn't really metaclique and more 'hey this might be a fun round if we are all together'. Also can I just say I really hate the tone used in your report, you keep making these wild accusations about me and how I must be out to get you when in reality it is simply you bringing an entirely IC context OOC.

You did not 'ruin my meta buddy dream', I said oh come on before all the assets had been loaded in and before I even knew you were going to be HoS. I tried to reasonably continue RP, but you took this as a meta grudge. That's fine, we make mistakes.

All in all I think you misunderstood my IC actions as OOC actions while pretending shodan and Sophie are the same person. We are almost stark contrasts. I have had no bad intentions with you and apart from those couple of OOC comments which were just supposed to be a bit of banter, therefore what is this player complaint about? Respect as a HoS is earned, the security department is like herding cats and very difficult to keep under wraps. You happened to upset Sophie and acted in a way which lead her to believe you wanted to try and charge a close friend with almost no basis to do so. Why would I respect you and follow your command blindly. Add in my job as the detective is to challenge and question people to find out who really is to blame and therefore yes, I do have reason to question your own intentions. Having a HoS badge does not mean you are infallible.

There are two parts from my end which are questionable, the first being the few OOC comments which I have explained/apologised for and causing an argument during briefing. Aside from this I really do not get this PR and think it's much better suited as an IR which would probably have allowed this issue to be resolved. Anyway, unless anything else is brought into question I am quite content to let administration come to a determination.

Right, here's my take on the situation from 2 sources: 

1) Reading all of this stuff
2) Being in the round as BC-V41, medical surgeon. V41 has avoided most of the 'action' in first round mentioned in this post due to not having access to security or command comms, and wasn't present for second round.

I am a very cynical person at heart, and will not be sugar coating my thoughts in any way, like them or not.

@MissNatcula Please be willing to admit that there were some serious miscommunications going around.
   - Command members notoriously are swamped with requests for random stuff 24/7. It is not uncommon for me to have to repeat my request to a command staff player up to five times before it gets acknowledged like it was the first time seeing it.
   - The meetings could have been handled better.  You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Move on.

@SHODAN you insist that you never meant for this to endanger Lin's command position. Then act like it. Words are worthless without actions to back them up.

-Lin absolutely has a point that you disobeyed an order from your superior. Should I when I next time play Vale Rigby and end up with you as HoS ignore your orders because I disagree with them? You can grumble, you can dislike it, but unless you have a damn good reason, follow your orders.
   - When round ends and you are emotionally unstable enough to carry grudges to the next round, TAKE A PAUSE. If your next round begins with you bitching someone out, you failed as a player and should rethink your gaming habits.

- ... wtf does being British have to do with anything?

@Resilynn your character is brash and very hard to get through to. I've experienced this in the past when I was learning medical on Akemi. I thought you were the devil incarnate until I finally started seeing through the armor at the person behind it. You know it, you do it deliberately because it is a cool character to get to know. Don't be surprised when your character has the intended effect of making people dislike him on their first impressions.
   - Throwing people out of medbay is something that shouldn't be a thing, but sadly it is. I've been guilty of this on all of my chars. I'm not going to blame you for this, and I think this should be handled as necessity of medical personnel to keep their workplace clear because LIFES ARE ON THE LINE AND PEOPLE ARE CONSTANTLY GETTING IN THE WAY. So, yes, I support this, and if either Natcula, Shodan or Bear think this should be considered battery I invite them to try playing medical on high population. You people will learn to love evicting people loitering inside of medbay. If HoS's don't want this happening, assign officer to do the throwing out for medical staff or just accept it as a bitter reality.
   - The other issue you brought up, with Maxwell, I was there to witness in IC. He was misstreating a patient. You should have requested a charge for malpractice, which you did. Which wasn't handled because... idk.

@Bear didn't say anything I could poke holes in.

@Brutishcrab51 I was in the round in medical, and I can't even understand what your point is or what you were trying to put across with your post. Elaborate.

@Nantei "  I could act as a somewhat neutral party in a discord group chat if you are both up for it. " - The only way I can interpret that without assuming things is the following: "Even under ideal conditions I do not believe myself capable of stripping enough of my bias towards one party or another to be able to hold a neutral viewpoint." - and if this is true, are you only making a post to defend Shodan? I don't know if Shodan would appreciate that. If you cannot look at things without bias, I would recommend you focus on practicing looking only at facts and ignoring feelings they bring up, a.k.a following the scientific method and train yourself to be more critical.
Now, assuming that was just a flourish and it didn't actually mean what it means...
  - "ICly Maki found your attire and the way you belittled the other officers as incredibly unprofessional, most of security very much did not like you at this point" .... this discussion is not about your characters. Furthermore, Lin wears standard issue security/HoS clothing. This part of your post is completely irrelevant and shouldn't be there as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand outside of an attempt to manipulate emotions of the reader via poisoning the well fallacy.
  - "Shodan was ironically the most neutral about it when I talked to them about it" The... person who started a round by drilling her superior and going to the captain.. was cool about it... uhuh.
  - " Similarly I took issue with specifying a black rigsuit in this drill. It felt like a blatant attempt to prey on players who would meta this as, "Black rigsuit means Ninja. Probably stealing the captain's ID.". This is minor thing, which is why I said nothing at the time, but I wanted to point out that it really rubbed me the wrong way as probably our first meaningful interaction." - Does your character know what a ninja rig is? If yes, then point it out. If not, then keep your ooc out of ic. IC you can assume people to just paint a standard issue mining rig black. Those things are possible. Keep your ooc and ic separated. This point is invalid.

- "Yes, actually. I do. Often. There is nothing wrong with asking for details for such a high profile arrest. Being a head does not make Fernando above the law, but it does mean that his arrest should be treated with more decorum than most." Not wrong. But you do it while heading there and putting cuffs on the man unless you're about to turn around on your HoS. Keep in mind, your character has a job, it's the way they earn money to actually live and probably support their family. Would your character risk your family's well being over not being informed about something? Probably not. 

- " I will say that when I mentioned in OOC that Maki has never had an issue with an HoS before you I very much meant it. " ... right. And you've never had an issue with any character before this either. This is ridiculous, especially coming from someone who's post is literally dripping with emotional charge like yours is.

- "You started the shift fairly hostile and uncomfortably, belittled your officers before even asking for their defense, and overall just pissed off most of security." ...She.. started the round in a hostile way. Not Shodan who started the round by bringing up the previous round... right. Definitely Lin  is 10 000% the one who 'started' the round that way... uhuh.

- "your rank does not gain you respect on its own." yes it does, welcome to whitelists. That is why WHITELISTS exist. Whitelists are an attempt by the administration to filter people who are competent and skilled at their roles. As such, YES, PEOPLE WHO ARE WHITELISTED FOR A ROLE ARE EXPECTED TO BE COMPETENT AND THIS COMES WITH SOME NATURAL AUTHORITY AND RESPECT. Deal with it.
  - "It was not an excuse, it was an explanation. They are not using it to excuse their behavior, they are using it to explain. This is why Shodan also apologized for it. I'd also argue this entire complaint is unnecessary drama, to be brutally honest." Right, am I allowed to walk up to you while completely drunk on vodka and vomit on your clothes because I'm slavic and we're known for drinking vodka? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Don't judge people based off stereotypes, be they national, racial or whatever. Judge the individual as an individual. I can already hear the argument you will reply with here - Either "Those are two completely different things" or "You are overexxagerating". Allow me to adress those right away: No they are not different things, both of them are taking a stereotype. Yes, it is exxagerated, but so is the idea that all british people are crude and brash. 
  - Overall I believe approximately half of your post should be adjusted. 

While writing this post, SHODAN has posted another giant reply post. I'm not going to be adressing this post as I've already devoted multiple hours to cross referencing information and re-reading the points multiple times and I am done with this. 

Right, so, I was the Captain during both of the rounds in question, Keegan Rader. 

I'll start by saying I joined extremely late during the first round, and by the time I'd reached my desk the vast majority of events had already happened. I had the CMO lodging complaints against the HoS and his own MD, I had the HoS lodging complaints against the CMO, and I had the HoP up to her ears in stress and begging for help. All that I knew of the situation was what I was told during my meetings with the various parties involved, which is fairly well encapsulated by all the posts that have preceded me in this thread.

During that first round, I directly spoke with Sophie Hawkins, Fernando Gonzales, Albert Maxwell, and Lyn Dyslioth. Thea Reeves was present, but was not instrumental, and merely took a backseat as my resident HR/interpersonal relations advisor while I conducted the meetings and prepared to make decisions. I say prepared, because by the time I had just about finished the second meeting, the shuttle was about to dock, I called it a loss, and invited all present to head to the bar to drink about it. During the meeting with Lyn, I believe I laid out as plainly as possible that I could not act on Lyn's opinions, especially in regards to actions which had taken place on previous shifts, and flatly advised that she take those matters to the CCIA instead. As for the events during the round in question, I was unable to effectively come to any kind of decision IC.

During the second round, I was fairly immediately approached by Hawkins with the HR complaint. I heard her out about her issues, as is proper course given Keegan's open door policy, and consulted with my HoP, who was again Thea Reeves as to the best course of action. She advised that I mediate a discussion between the two to see that they come to some manner of professional understanding, so that I would not be forced to reassign Sophie to another department. Note, the only thing Keegan was acting upon in that round was the apparent confrontation between Lyn and Sophie--At no point was the captain acting upon the events of the round prior, and I had full intent to either see it resolved or Sophie reassigned to prevent further conflict. Lyn's position was never in danger from the perspective of myself attempting to "snipe" her from her position to instate Hawkins.

In regards to undermining Lyn's command with this meeting, and subsequently neutering Security's response to the antags in that round, that is entirely my mistake. I should have interrupted and cancelled the meeting as soon as we got word of intruders. I was fully expecting the meeting to be very short and professional, both IC and OOC. Hawkins attempted to apologize, which was appropriate given that she was definitively the one in the wrong during that round, but I did not expect for Lyn to continue being catty right in front of the captain. The meeting, for as long as it lasted, devolved into yet another childish verbal catfight, as opposed to reaching a working agreement as professionals. In fact, when word of intruders came on the radio, I was fully expecting for Lyn, as Commander, to take at least temporary control of her emotions, accept the apology, and get to robusting antags. My mistake for not cutting it off in anticipation of this eventuality. Genuinely. I will ensure that HR issues interfere as little as possible with Antag activity in future under Keegan.

In regards to the metaclique accusation, I do not know Shodan. I do not know Resilynn. The only head involved whom I know OOC is ShesTrying, and the same goes for IC relations. Keegan has worked with Reeves closely almost every shift they're on together, but has never been able to actually meet and greet Lyn, Hawkins, or even Gonzales. While he has worked with them before, it has always been at arm's distance, always separated by the various antag actions of the round. In regards to prior IC biases Keegan has, Keegan only knows Reeves personally. Hawkins and Lyn are both polite strangers to him who have both gotten results and been responsive to commands in the past, and Gonzales he knows to have a history of running an extremely reliable medbay, with razor-sharp hunches. At no point was I, the player or Keegan, the Captain metagrudging or plotting IC or OOC.

I have no further comments really to say. I've said my points. I could sit here and counter but that doesn't do shit.

I will defend myself however in regards to I find it funny how no one IR'd Lin, cared about Lin. Bothered to ever say her 'uniform is unprofessional' some how till she made HOS. Now that I've been playing HOS its very often people find reasons/ways to ridicule her in her position and not even look at themselves and their own actions with the excuse of 'they didn't mean it'. You still did it. TO me it still comes off like that.

I still quit the round upset, couldn't sleep last night and cried cause I honestly don't get why people like to paint Lin as a horrible bitch who can't do her job and live up to 'standards'. Look at all the shit Gonzales gets away with but Lin stating her opinion on some one who wronged her to her crew is stepping out of line? WTF. Seriously. That is disgustingly double standard.

No matter how hard I try some one I never saw before comes out of the bushes and instead of keeping it ic and talking to my char, collects a book of gossip and tattles, escalates and then it usually ends up in multi-round bull shittery where I'm battling some stranger and the negative views they spread all over the department I'm suppose to be managing.

I could be a real bitch and just fire every one who dares speak up against Lin. Sometimes OOC I really want to. REALLY want to. But no. Lin understands people will not agree with her. She fully understands not every one will respect her in the position she worked her ass off icly to get. Surprisingly, she can be very reasonable and lax. But if some one is going to shit on her and not even try to talk to her, disrespect her right out of the gates? Go around the department and claim she did this and that wrong to every one she manages like they could do it better; whether thats true or not. Why would she waste her time trying to 'patch things up' or 'be an adult' when they didn't show that being their intentions to begin with. Thats just as bad as Lin being catty in the captains office. Which was fucking understandable after everything she went through.

All Lin and I want to do is play a job. But it seems people keep waiting for her to spill a little tea so they can find a reason to prevent her from doing her job.

When its a player I repeatedly saw in HOS position till the one time I finally role it then that very person is the catalyst of harassing my character over her 'unprofessional behavior' its HARD to take this all ic. If I just surrender and say 'fine its an ic issue' which some of this to a degree, I'll get an IR and guess what, Lin will probably be the one in trouble. Which in the end, isn't that what I claim they want? Lin to get in trouble ic because of ooc reasons?

You can all say what you want that they didn't mean it now that the player complaint is up. That it was all ic. But from my point of view that is a stretch.
You don't say;
'when I don't get the role stolen from me'
or
'and I even asked nicely in OOC if I could have the role. I ended up not getting it'

And then try to say you never were trying to snipe the role from me. If you were serious about not sniping you would have left the role alone. Hell if you have left my character alone or tried to talk to her and GET TO KNOW HER. Also you would have not said what you did ooc. Not ask for the role in that very round I cryoed. Like come on. I'll man up and admit some of this IC related but that just above is not. I expect the same admittance to fault.

So after reviewing this matter over, I think this can be resolved most properly as a incident report/handled icly. Sophie was acting out, however the rp displayed wasn't outlandish or such and was believable and overall needs handled via a IR.

However another issue is present and that was the consistent disobedience and acting as a EMT despite Fernando and @ShesTrying ordering them not to, upon looking into the issue I believe that this is past the line of them having a ooc issue with Fernando and not wanting to be a team player when they are online. You are allowed to dislike characters, but the line between taking ooc feelings into ic or ic feelings into ooc should not be crossed, and with this said I will be applying a warning for this and requesting that if they do not like playing with Resi's character that they pick another role, as joining medical solely anticipating stuff with the CMO and going out of your way to ignore them and not be a team player is counter-productive to roleplay and makes no sense why NT would keep such a employee hired.

Any issues with this verdict @MissNatcula @SHODAN @Resilynn @ShesTrying @Activeknockback

Nope. I would like to clarify for Nat that I, also, do not just fire people who disagree with me. We even offered to change Maxwell to an EMT, and it took him almost giving you organ damage and telling me to fuck off when I told him to move to actually demote him. 

My characters reputation benefits my character, so I don’t usually try to dispel it, but the reason I have a million complaints (btw, all 3 of the ones this year directly involved Maxwell) and am still around as CMO is because staff go through logs and determine that usually, if I’m demoting or shoving someone, it’s for an exceptionally good reason. You should not take Gonzales’ reputation OOCly and should not base any of your OOC decisions off of it. 

No complaints form me, just a quick note to say how I appreciate how quickly this was handled. Anyone who knows me IRL knows I suffer from quite serious anxiety (among other things) so its really helpful to not have this sit for a while.

That being said I have no hard feelings with the player of the character from an OOC standpoint, I never wanted to make you hate the round and I apologize for upsetting you in an OOC capacity. Hopefully I can work to rebuild relations with you, or simply keep the distance if preferred. 

I have ic issues with Gonzales, not ooc. All based on Lin's view on Gonzales. I already messaged you on discord about ooc remember? After that I accept its just the character.

Also from what Lin was told it was a totally different situation. Then when she was dying it was confusing, had no idea what was happening and next second she watches Gonzales whip some one across the room. So it all a ic miscommunication and because of the other shit happening it never got talked through properly. IDK why NO ONE informed Lin or talked to Lin about the supposive 'meeting' with Maxwell. She was only fed information from Bayer and Maxwell. Even when she asked Fren about why every one was having a meeting, she was shoved out. Literally, told she can't learn the details. From her stand point, she wanted to talk to the captain before doing anything. She took Maxwell and herself to the captains office, but he was swamped and it never got sorted in the end. The only thing that happened was she relayed the situation and he said he'd talk to the other first. Then round ended.

Edited by MissNatcula

I actually do have issue with this, as I have CMO set to high. I saw Gonzales on almost all day for my point of view. I figured that they would have been getting off after multiple hours of play and I would have had the chance to play. After the round started, and it was made clear that Fernando was the CMO, I took care of the ICU, the Cryotubes, and set the ORs before doing some RP with other parts of the station. I went to HoP's office to ask about a plan IF anything hit the fan, not for an immediate action to be taken. I returned to this and then things were quickly heated as Gonzales bashed Maxwell multiple times about his credentials and his medical field IN FRONT of Multiple people in the medical lobby. Because of that, Maxwell left bay because of the insults, because he was not seeing as anyone helping him. He went to sec lobby because of friends, BEFORE the backpressure surge was announced. My issue is that you are all assuming that Maxwell has no friends ICly that he would go and vent to when no one else will listen to him. I acted in a way that was fitting for the character. Maxwell preps go-bags at shift start, he has the main rooms setup first, and he is checking the medical records for anything to be aware of for crew safety. He is a guy who prepares ahead of time, and after past experience with someone who is a POLAR opposite of them, he was asking to have a plan to avoid this very thing. I feel the warning is very much wrong here, especially since I WAS NOT THE ONE THIS REPORT WAS ABOUT, which seems she is getting off without issue here from what I understood.