Please Fix the horrible exosuit sounds

Hello. As a roboticist, I can say that when I work hard on a mech, this big, powerful machine, and weld that last plate in place, I get a little upset when it.... Squeaks at me. Seriously. The sped up, rushed through mech startup voice is horrible. And it hasn't always been like that!!! Plx revert it. Same with Beepsky sound circuits and Medibot sound circuits.

Edited by ShesTrying
Just now, ShesTrying said:

I'm serious. Log on and build one. Listen to it. Feel yourself die inside.

I did. This is amazing. Absolutely the best thing I've seen ingame in months. The problem is that I might need to read through 1413 instances of something being called to fix it.

57 minutes ago, KingOfThePing said:

Quite sure you can't just take copyrighted soundfiles from an EA published game and add it to Aurora's code

I mean, there isn't any money here so I doubt EA's going to even be interested

And unlike Nintendo, they don't gulag every mod which includes even a single hair of Mario.

8 hours ago, wowzewow said:

I mean, there isn't any money here so I doubt EA's going to even be interested

And unlike Nintendo, they don't gulag every mod which includes even a single hair of Mario.

It's not really relevant, honestly. You should not use copyrighted content (straight rips of assets from games in the mainstream, especially not) of another game. It can get people into trouble, the chance of trouble is what people want to avoid.

I don't see an issue with replacing copyrighted sounds with better copyrighted sounds. Yes, ideally we use none, but if we are going to use them, they should at least be good, ne? Also a large portion of SS13 sound libraries includes copyrighted sounds.

17 hours ago, Nantei said:

I don't see an issue with replacing copyrighted sounds with better copyrighted sounds. Yes, ideally we use none, but if we are going to use them, they should at least be good, ne? Also a large portion of SS13 sound libraries includes copyrighted sounds.

And copyrighted sprites... _cough_ literally every voidsuit.

28 minutes ago, geeves said:

Doing something bad just because something bad has been done is bad. Try and find some non-copyrighted material, OR. Or, voice your own lines. We'll smack 'em in. If they're good.

By this logic we may as well remove the sounds. Finding non-copyrighted sounds that are similar to that is going to be borderline impossible. You would have to record your own, and I am no voice actress.

• Gem locked this topic