[ACCEPTED] KesterShadowHair Head of Staff Application.

BYOND key:KesterShadowHair
Character names:Jareer Al-Massoud|Stephen Yates|Var Septiumus|Kron Kolbalt|Dion Knowles

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: May 26th 2020
Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:
I believe it's the next step in elevating the story/arcs and others RP. I like to drive the story regarding gimmicks and have no issue with them. I've found command interesting and would like to apply myself to it.
Why did you come to Aurora?: I came to aurora based off its community and longevity. 
Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes. I've read those anyway to base characters off of.
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? None that I know of. 

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:
Roleplay in my eyes is taking control of a character that you've created and or has been created for you. Using your character creation base to further interact with the story you're given. Staying in character and moving forward with their ideals and behavior. Roleplaying allows an individual to use their creative mind and expressions to drive the story in their mind. You get salty when you die ingame you're attached to the character in a fashion. Roleplaying is the effort you put into a character to keep them believable and unique. It comes down to keeping the story and effort maintained for yourself and others. You can make a two hour round feel like five minutes when you're immersed. You want your roleplay to reflect on those around you keeping it to your standards and level.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
I've found that in order to create gimmicks you need a Head of staff to be on and ready to receive. I've been in numerous antag gimmicks that the station has lack of head of staff to raise the alert level/call ERT to defend the station if it got that bad. Sometimes the individual being there brings in players. I also believe people that are command whitelisted are generally trusted that you know what you're doing. In medical particularly you'd want a chief knowing how the entire bay needs to run before even joining in. The small but noticeable details will make you stick out.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
I've found that whitelisted players in any category /should/ be leading newer players to join them and or be more accepting to teaching individuals on how their race/role works.
I personally developed the command interest after individuals allowed me to be Interim HoS/CE/CMO before. I would carry that interest/flag forward for whitelisted races and command positions myself.
Aurora is being constantly developed upon and teaching everyone something you know is always fun/exciting. I've found that I've been playing engineering to teach people the tesla engine due to the king of the world arc with the phoron shortage.
Whitelisted players are generally trusted by the community/staff to showcase what they are asking for in these positions. I intend on using my command whitelist to teach players Brainmed and anything related to engineering I can. I believe my standpoint in striving to uphold them is a teaching position for newer players/possibly experienced players on game mechanics.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
Tau Ceti and the orion spur is under alot of pressure from the elyra republic closing their trade regarding their phoron deposits. Tau Ceti is surrounded by the solarian alliance making the pressure worse to mine and collect phoron. Businesses and soverign entities have relied on phoron for too long causing massive issues. It will affect my CMO Jareer based off his original founding in elyra. He will feel the need to maintain pressure on his paramedics and EMT's to keep the miners healthy enough to mine phoron. He has backup options in the event his career fails regarding nanotrasen but he would like to keep the opportunity to keep IAC and NT together to maintain a healthy work environment for all.
Regarding Dion he will side with nanotrasen to the bitter end. He's found his new lifestyle comforting being trusted to maintain corporate assets has his interest high knowing that he's on a research station maintaining phoron supply/research.

Hano was a recent hire trying to solve and or adapt to the new phoron shortage. He will be utilizing his renewable energy efforts to maintain the stations structure and power. His career skyrocketed from the shortage.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
I personally flop between Medical and Engineering depending on my mood. CMO/CE. I've been told to apply for HoS by other people in security so I will do that as well.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.: 
Jareer Al-Massoud: an elyran IAC character. They are sixty-eight years old and specialize in surgery.(CMO)
Dion Knowles:  A jovian corporate character. They started working for corporate as an experienced warden. They are fourty-two and specialize in prison management and corporate regulations.(HoS)
Hano Tenshin: A new hai phong character. Specializing in renewable energy and non phoron related equipment. They are thirty-nine. (CE)

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: 6.5/7. I've found that I need to work on my "me" text more and I'm willing to work on it.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Of course. 

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? I constantly look at the wiki mainly for all of those fat chemistry updates and will submit updates to it myself.(Yes) 

Extra notes: I appreciate the individuals giving me the push to apply for this whitelist. Thank you for reviewing it. Feel free to ask me questions and or apply feedback. Any edits will be used to maintain formatting/ I slapped my CE in there finally..

Edited by MattAtlas

+1    I had interactions with Var Septiumus, Dion Knowles and mostly with Stephen Yates. I do love these characters as they are visibly an outcome of good and well-developed RP. I can certainly tell that Kester knows what they are doing.

*clap

From my roleplay interactions with Var Septiumus, Kester has shown that they're extremely competent of both mechanics and roleplay. Adding small lifelike flairs to roleplay interactions is what, to me, separates someone who just understands how to get by and play the game vs. someone who has a passion for roleplaying a believable and memorable character.

+1

ayy ye finally did it.

anyway, kester is great at RP in general, i've had alot of very good interactions with yates in particular in medical, and alot of great RP overall aswell. i think they would do nicely in the command role, and would excell trying out the new aspects of gameplay that involves.

+1 from me. go get em tiger

Played with your CE last round, for the Diona event. I really enjoyed you as CE, and saw no glaring issues. I would like if you spoke more on departmental comms, even if it's just to check in, but I understand that the Command channel was probably really active that round.

+1

I played Narra with @KesterShadowHair's CE Hano. 

In the round, my character went through a traumatic Experience and the situation was handled by him in a professional manner. It was maybe a bit rough around the edges, but it's what I would expect from an actual work place boss to do for a real life employee.

I believe he will be a good addition to the command staff players, and support this app.

+1