Jump to content

evandorf

Moderators
  • Posts

    599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by evandorf

  1. Hey, thanks for applying. Unfortunately, we'll have to deny the application for the time being due to a lack of activity on the server since your previous application and there hasn't been sufficient opportunity to see that the concerns raised were addressed. If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me here or reach out on discord.
  2. Hey, thanks for applying. I’ll reach out to you soon about scheduling a time for an interview.
  3. If you get stabbed by Solomon, have you been Shaw-shanked?

  4. Unathi Scientists working hard to reverse damage done by the Contact War
  5. It should be based on gameplay considerations, IMO. Tanky mobs should dodge less and easy to kill mobs should dodge more. You don’t want to trivialize the more fragile hostile mobs and you don’t want to make the stronger ones OP.
  6. My two cents are that truthful communication is good for any relationship, including that between the community and the staff. Can we have more transparency and can understanding of staff procedure be improved? Sure, but if you have concerns or don’t understand how the process works you also need to ask and let us know where the breakdown is happening. That being said, dissatisfaction with a staff decision doesn’t necessarily mean a mistake was made on the staff member’s part and, contrary to popular opinion, all staff complaints are given due scrutiny. In the interest of being completely candid, I think you’re still coming from a very emotional place regarding your past complaints and while I see you and think your feelings are valid, sweeping changes like what you suggest should be unbiased.
  7. Well? Don't leave us hanging. How wide was the birth?
  8. Normal anomalies are technically typed as machinery and their effects come from machinery code so unfortunately in order to make the statuette into the same would effectively require remaking it from the ground up. I went back and looked at it again and it seems like it might all be self-contained in artifact_unknown.dm. So maybe not as much work. I think it would be worth it but it’s also the reason I made an alternative way of handling it first.
  9. I might also put some extra descriptive messages so that people are aware it's listening. I like the idea of having a part of the anomaly lab be the "no talking" area.
  10. I went ahead and did a small change that lets you smash the statuette if necessary. I'll keep plugging away at other options but I'm also learning as I go so it may take some time. https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/19462
  11. I'm working on a way to deal with it but something I discovered while testing was that it only seems to steal blood when it "hears" someone. I've sat next to it with on my test environment with no issues until I say something. Once it has blood then it starts to do its business and can also absorb blood from the surrounding area.
  12. I agree, Xenoarch needs a way to contain it. I think if they could make the anomaly containers compatible with it that would go a long way.
  13. I personally don’t think any of those are bad on a slow round. At the end of the day the crew determines what level of interaction to opt for with the exception of the xenoarcheologist bringing an obviously dangerous anomaly onto the ship. It is likely bugged but I have to argue against removing something based only on anecdotal statements when a bug report hasn’t been made for it. At time of writing a brief search in git hasn’t shown any reports submitted of it being overly present.
  14. I’m always of a mind to give players more options to deal with problems than removing the problems. I also think xenoarch still has some really old kinks that need to be worked out, such as not all anomalies being compatible with the containment crates. If the statuettes are spawning at a higher rate then they should then it needs to be noted in a bug fix but I also think they present additional opportunities for other departments to get involved in expeditions and have things to do.
×
×
  • Create New...