Round probability

Something needs to change about gamemode probability. Exhibit A image.thumb.png.b848d08f41866f8f0c319ebaca8e6f3f.png

The sheer amount of Ninja rounds there have been recently have sucked the fun out of it for pretty much a lot of players. So much so that a lot of sec players have now opted to immediately cryo upon seeing it is Ninja. I have seen a normal traitor round ONCE this week. Every other round has been either Ninjas or Merc.  This has sucked the fun out of basically a lot of players. Nobody wants Ninja 4 times in a row ( almost ), NOBODY. And I believe is the main reason a lot of people recently have taken a break. I suggest to make it impossible to have the same round type back to back unless it is voted. This way we wont have the travesty that is the screenshot above.

Edited by Roostercat

I mean. The biggest issue is that Sec players now no longer roll heist due to some tweak or another, I think, and they were the only reason we got heist anyway :agony:

I'd be fine with reverting whatever PR caused this or finding the root issue and fixing that instead.

One support from me, in my official dev capacity.

We've had an overabundance of ninja recently, probably because round probabilities are fucked. Additionally, ninja only requires two people to start, whereas gamemodes like cult or rev require much more. As most people have antags off, it means that ninja will get rolled more commonly. Ninja isn't even that fun of a gamemode pls fix

I modified ninja probability to 1, let's see what happens.

If that doesn't fix it, I'll :ree:vert the PR and we'll see if that fixes it.

Unfortunately, it appears that the gamemode selection code is an arcane black box. Any diddling, as our brave lizard coderman tried to do, appears to result in non-sensical and unfortunate side-effects.

I genuinely pity the person who decides to try and fix gamemode selection. I don't think I have found a single server where it isn't spaghetti. I would not be shocked if all the servers were working off a mutated version of the original code, of which was never intended to go as long as it has. As is tradition with SS13.

• Gem locked this topic