give the hos a helmet please

as the title says, ever since the dermal implant was removed the only head protection is the beret or the cap which imho are not aesthetically pleasing

idk why i have to resort to stealing one from an officer or trekking to the surface to get some head protection, would be nice if there was something, maybe even with little golden streaks if someone's willing to sprite it.

Helmets are aestheticly displeasing, often getting in the way of hair or clipping over it.

Additionally, unpopular opinion: maybe you should consider this lack of combat headgear to be an indicator that you're not supposed to be a front-line fighter as a head of staff.

Way too much combat HoS going on already anyway.

its for protection sake, having a helmet doesnt make you a front-line fighter

arguably, a lot of the time the hos is a target for antags, as well as the fact that in many cases they are required to have to intervene in the duties of an officer they require protection. they already have armored headgear, why not make one a helmet?

Edited by Spider
Guest Marlon Phoenix

Because it's a small piece of a larger puzzleset. SURE I will grant you that in isolation it's completely reasonable for the HoS to have a helmet. But they already have a lot of cool armored equipment, and a voidsuit, and stuff. Any additional set of armor or supplies would be scrutinized.

That said I'm kinda ok for it. They already just grab one out of a locker already.

16 hours ago, Kaed said:

Helmets are aestheticly displeasing, often getting in the way of hair or clipping over it.

Additionally, unpopular opinion: maybe you should consider this lack of combat headgear to be an indicator that you're not supposed to be a front-line fighter as a head of staff.

Way too much combat HoS going on already anyway.

First of all, I don't see why you feel the need to tell people how to play HoS. There's nothing wrong with an HoS wanting to be the first in, even if it isn't 'optimal'.

Second, that's an extremely silly reason to oppose the change. As JB said, they take one from an officers' locker anyways. HoS's should have a helmet and magboots added to their locker. It's really silly they have to snatch magboots from EVA despite having a custom trimmed suit.

35 minutes ago, Nantei said:

First of all, I don't see why you feel the need to tell people how to play HoS. There's nothing wrong with an HoS wanting to be the first in, even if it isn't 'optimal'.

Second, that's an extremely silly reason to oppose the change. As JB said, they take one from an officers' locker anyways. HoS's should have a helmet and magboots added to their locker. It's really silly they have to snatch magboots from EVA despite having a custom trimmed suit.

As an addition to this excellent point raised by @Nantei , if helmets give a suggestion that people should be on the front line then using this logic we should take them away from captain and HoP (as well as anyone else that has them).

We won't, because its a silly idea. The head is important and needs protecting. There is no reason why the HoS shouldn't have magboots to stop the snagging from EVA, and a helmet to stop someone one hitting them in the head.

"Standard" metagame (metagame in this sense being  the concept that a certain behavior is the 'right' way to do it, not the concept of cheating by preparing for antags) behaviors does not legitimize something.  You could just as easily make an argument that everyone should be able to be issued tool belts just because some of them exist in the public tool storage and are claimed by whoever can grab them.

Both helmets and tool belts are useful in their own way, but that doesn't mean that the head of security needs their own, or that everyone needs to have a free tool belt issue to them.

I myself have never felt a particular need to equip my head of security with a helmet. The people that do can just walk up an elevator and spend 30 extra seconds grabbing one for my locker like they 'already do'.  Or hell, walk 10 feet from his office and grab a helmet from the armory.

The head of security already has enough cool equipment. He doesn't need more. There is a wealth of spare helmets to choose from.

Edited by Kaed

The head of security cap is already armored, so the argument that head of security shouldn't have helmets falls a bit short in my eyes.

Giving a second option in the form of a helmet is not an issue considering they have different options for different item slots, so why not the head slot?

• 2 months later...