• Viva Carrington - Sec Officer
  • Arielle Matson - Drill Tech
  • Kathleen Charon - Pharmacist
  • Aissa Pemba - Roboticist

AI Name(s): N/A

Discord username + tag: Mel#6284

Timezone: GMT +8

When are you on Aurora?:

Some days, all day. Other days, early morning for one and a bit rounds, then in the evening.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?:

Like, six months, maybe seven.

How long have you played on Aurora:

All but two weeks of above time.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

I like to think I know a lot about medicine and the medical department. I'm getting more confident at engineering (Love you Naledi), but I feel I could use some more departmental knowledge elsewhere, and I'm happy to learn to do those.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

Not at all.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?:

Yes, I believe so.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

No, for I am an innocent flower.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

I play SS13 because of the escapism it brings. Being able to put my mind into someone else, and do something I would never be able to do in real life, with a lot less effort is fun. The stupid shenanigans that happen as well are enjoyable and the environment is just generally run.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

I love roleplaying. I've been roleplaying in fantasy games for about half my life now, more, always in text based roleplaying. I was suggested this game by friends who no longer play, I believe, but I have kept to it and made new friends who I enjoy being around and spending time with.

What do moderators do?:

Help take care of the community and kick out the inevitable bad people that come along to ruin other peoples fun. Also babysit the admins when they need their hand held.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

Helping out the people that need it, looking in depth into issues that come up and knowing when to take a step back, should it be needed, for your/my own sanity. Also knowing when to apply the GRUMP and when not to.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

Because I really enjoy helping people out, as best I can. I enjoy this server, I enjoy almost all the people on it and I don't want to see the server go to shit because of lack of people around to moderate it.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

I have experience in helper type roles before. I was a novice guide in one of my MUDs. I've been a moderator on a private WoW server and also a raid leader in current content in World of Warcraft (0/10 would not recommend). I am also going to be trained for supervisor/managerial duties at my own place of work within the next week.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

Sometimes it doesn't even phase me, other times I get really worked up by it (Like being CMO for instance.) I am trying to do better, and am happy to step away if it builds up too much.

Anything Else You Want to Add: 

Don't hesitate to reach out if there are more questions that need asking, or clarification.

Mel as a player is an amazing RP'er. Her ability to properly play command is fantastic. As staff, I think she would do well as a moderator. Her grasp of the rules and her willingness to teach others is evident. Not only as she abides by them, but she's always been willing to teach other players about medical. I've watched her turn interns into doctors. I 100% endorse this app. Mel and I talked about this app before she posted it. And her biggest concern was that she didn't want to get mod JUST because a few staff thought she was good. So I'm asking that anyone that reads this, as a part of our community, speak up. Do the same. 

Big fat    +1

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 

Mel is everything I want to see from a mod. Already well respected by the player base, kind and considerate in ooc, a willingness to help new and old players without judgement, and a genuine kindness that's hard to come by. I've been pressuring her to apply for ages and it's hard to say how happy I am that she's finally done it. 

+1 for several reasons

They're a good rper, and plenty of people above have stated that

From my interactions with them, they seem to be real good at keeping their head about them and playing CMO can quickly become extremely chaotic sometimes, hell any head of staff position can be.

I feel they would be an amazing addition to the team, in addition would be fun to bully during trial

They're highly respected and well known as a player, and that goes miles with being a staff member

They already have the bully admin attitude needed when holding admin hands

M E L

Right, to start off with, majority of the staff for some reason like stinkee M E L, so thats a good start. Secondly, you're a good roleplayer, and you keep a level-head (from what I've seen). I'd like to see how you fair in a trial. 

Melariara's been a long-time Aurora pal of mine, ever since the funny moment when Adelina started speaking Dutch to me when I first started playing Coenraad. I think they're generally a cheery and positive person, great to interact with and definitely knowledgeable about the game. As far as I'm concerned, they're the only applicant I am certain will be a good addition to the mod team. +1 from me

I've only had maybe a handful of interactions with Mel since coming back to the server but all of them have been engaging and enjoyable, whether it's with Adelina or Naledi. Playing as Nikita I almost always anticipate her stopping by the bar with Nal because she's one of my favorite players to interact with thus far. 

+1!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...