Hepatica's Command Whitelist App (pt. 2)

BYOND key: Hepatica01

Discord Username: Hepatica#4494

Character names:

Ayajan "Jane" Kholmatzhonova, Kexi Danjuma

How long have you been playing on Aurora?
Since 2015 or 2016.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
I have, I was permanently banned in late 2021. I was unbanned in late 2022.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?
The Head of Staff roles serve a variety of purposes in an OOC sense. The first and foremost, in my opinion, is their ability to facilitate RP both in their own department, depending on role, and to other departments as well. Such as, for example, a Research Director having science coordinate with medical to understand a captured changling that had regenerated from lethal wounds. The Heads of Staff have the ability to drive the story of the round more then most other roles, be it in antag interactions, player character interactions, or in response to other events happening to the ship.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?
I believe whitelisted players have a responsibility to uphold a high standard both of roleplay and mechanic sense. A Chief Engineer unable to do the basic duties of an engineer is an incredibly poor display for a command whitelist. Given that people have to apply for the priveledge to even play a member of Command, those who are accepted should serve as an example of how to act when playing a command character. I like to think I am both a good, if not great, roleplayer, and have a solid understanding of the mechanics for the roles I would play. Through those two traits, I hope I'd be able to show a prime example of a good command player.

Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon.
As the Horizon looms closer to Dominian space, it is no surprise that a number of new Dominians have ended up boarding the vessel. After a long, storied career commanding a Dominian military base, Holt Strelitz has earned himself both a reprieve and change of scenery. An uncompromising man througn and through, his ability to adapt to foreign customs and his commanding presence made him a natural for a position as Captain. Securing more then enough credits at this point in his life, middle-aged as he is, it was time he looked toward new... Horizons. (roll credits)((or maybe opening title shot idk))

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
Research Director, and Captain. I do not have the mechanical skill to play Engineering, nor the interest, and same goes for medical. I may play an Executive Officer if I can come up with an interesting enough character for the role, and I will likely eventually play Consular/Liaison after my trial.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
I have, yes. Coming back to the server I've been making quite a bit of effort to relearning things I both forgot, or that have changed. Which is quite a bit, given we're on a ship now.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:
Holt Strelitz - Captain

Ozekhoi Kazhkz - Research Director
(yes I know they're both Dominian I'M SORRY)

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Probably better then most.

Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums?
I have

Extra notes:
A couple years ago, I was a very angry, bitter, spiteful person, which culminated in me being permanently banned as said above. Life is extremely better for me now, and I like to think that my personality has reflected that to those who have started talking to me again, that I'm more enjoyable to be around and not as hateful as I was. To everyone who has been willing to give me a second chance, thank you. 💮

Hepatica is a dear friend of mine so my opinion is biased. I have known her for a long time now, and ever since her return from the land of the banned I have not had a single bad interaction with her new characters as well. Despite my bias I firmly believe that she is more than capable to play good command.

An easy +1 and worthy of a trial.

I am pretty new to the server, but Hepatica's character serve as both meaningful roleplay partners as well as extremely grounded into the setting - both very reflective of their origins. They always play along with antags as appropriate and I cannot name a time where I've seen them behave in a way in which would be unbecoming of someone with such a whitelist.

+1

I've come to know Hepatica a couple of months ago when they've returned to the server. From what I learned, they've been a part of the community for effectively six years, which would give them ample time to see how command affects the shifts and how a good command member should conduct themselves. Repeating what already was said here, I've had nothing but good interactions with Hepatica's characters. 

+1 from me

Edited by Axton_Wake
Typo

Jane is a quality character who I've always enjoyed interacting with. Both as a crewman, and as an antagonist. Hepatica has been around for a long time and she's got a solid grasp on the departments she plays, and she's very generous when it comes to giving leeway for the sake continuing the story in rounds - even at her own expense. Earlier conduct was admittedly pretty spotty, but I think there's been a lot of marked improvement.

Sure. I'll cosign on this.

+1

I got a message from Hepatica out of the blue the other day. By no means do I know Hepatica well as a friend, nor are we enemies (unless...?), but we had a friendly chat about the lore among other minor topics. Overall, I'd say they have a sort of joy about them that feels earnest and familiar, so if they told me they used to be a bitter and angry person and have changed, I would be inclined to believe them. There is a quality about Hep now that feels more honest than they did before, when they left the community.

Good luck with the whitelist app, and while you might not see me in game, you still have my support.

We haven't exactly interacted much OOCly but I've always been fond of seeing your characters on the manifest and would love to see you given a chance to reclaim the whitelist. I've seen quite a few people quit or become tilted after loosing their whitelist or taking a ban, but so far you you've been nothing but pleasant to interact with.

Everything I would already add has been added above.

A couple years ago, I was a very angry, bitter, spiteful person, which culminated in me being permanently banned as said above. Life is extremely better for me now, and I like to think that my personality has reflected that to those who have started talking to me again, that I'm more enjoyable to be around and not as hateful as I was. To everyone who has been willing to give me a second chance, thank you. 

From what I have observed you have managed a cool, calm, and collected pattern since your return and I see no issue with you getting your command WL.

+1

I played a round as the XO while Hepatica was the RD. They were extremely competent and I didn't even realize they were a trial! There were multiple issues that were cropping up in round (veil party) and everything that occurred in their department was handled smoothly and swiftly. They are worthy of the whitelist in my eyes.

+1

• Like 1

I had a brief interaction with their RD during a round and I found them to be a perfectly entertaining and good role-player. Can't comment much on department knowledge because I don't touch research myself but the RP was up to the standards I'd expect of a head whitelistee.

• Like 1

I've spoken to their RD as much as I reasonably could during 3 round resets in a row, and "perfectly entertaining" is the best way I could categorize the experience I had with the whitelistee. They seemed competent enough as well, but I think just not being intentionally subversive is a merit on its own, and I felt this character and player was really easy to get along with. +1.

Edited by Scheveningen
accidentally a word
  • Like 1

My first round playing alongside Hep as Captain was pretty fun; they made themselves known, didn't just hole up on the bridge, and generally tried to communicate. I think they escalated a little quickly with the antags but given the situation (the only two members of sec being slapped out of commission for a bit) it wasn't so bad.

• Like 1

I have nothing but fond memories of Hepatica my opinion will be biased. However, Hepatica's character stick to their job very well and doesn't step on peoples toes. Hepatica did a wonderful job delegating tasks and allowing people to fulfill their duties instead of micro managing them.  I'm sure you have areas to improve on like anyone else but that's what makes us human. A pleasure to see you again. +1

• Like 1