-
Posts
526 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by CatsinHD
-
unathi [ACCEPTED] William Murdoch's Unathi app
CatsinHD replied to CatsinHD's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
Good to hear! Let's not waste time: Kaliahsurzi is finding it difficult to fully cope with the Razortail Enclave. The only reason he stays is because of his fear that leaving the Enclave will put him at risk of being widely discovered and having his reputation, among many other things, destroyed. It's the only place he feels comfortable being himself, yet at the same time he hates the actions and jobs the Enclave takes. However, to keep the general opinion of his neighbors up, he offers his medical expertise and occasionally supplies medicines he's smuggled off Odin, although that tends to be rare. He's avoiding making a strong connection to the Enclave as well. If he finds a home that he feels safe in elsewhere, he'd take it in a heartbeat and doesn't want to feel any regrets doing so. -
unathi [ACCEPTED] William Murdoch's Unathi app
CatsinHD replied to CatsinHD's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
Hey! It's actually kinda cool knowing that I'm the first on that front. Aut'akh has been, by far, the more intriguing part of Unathi lore to me so It just felt right to make my first character apart of it. Here are my answers, let me know if you want me to expand more on them: 1. What started most of the harassment from his classmates was his general appearance and his personality. He looked like a run-of-the-mill peasant and had no way of hiding this effectively. When some of the more vocal and snobby students picked him out, he got vocal himself and would actively fight back unlike some of the others. If they insulted him, he'd shoot back with a just as nasty quip. There were times when he was pushed over the edge and resulted in him aggressively headbutting someone, namely his future rival. This did generate the reputation of someone who didn't know when to keep their mouth shut. Despite the general harassment he had to deal with, Kaliahsurzi focused hard on maintaining his grades and studies. 2. So what really pushed Kaliahsurzi over the edge is how the commune in general treated him. Most of his life was spent in the slums of Skalamar in a peasant clan. Over the years of dealing with the generally condescending attitude from the nobles and guilds, a sense of yearning for some community that he could not only feel accepted in but who'd actually help began to grow. It doesn't help that his prosthetic was gained from the result of a particularly heated rivalry with a noble. After he joined, only one person outside of the commune ever found out, his mother. Their relationship became very tense and distant as a result and luckily she refrained from going any further. 3. His general attitude regarding the Hegemony is quite resentful. One of the main reasons is the way they, in his mind unjustly, hate the Aut'akh and spin everything they can to make the group seem worse. His experiences, outside of the odd radical, has been positive and betrays what he'd been taught. This sentiment is mostly exclusive to the Hegemony, though, since he tends to be tolerant of the other faiths, especially Th'akh which he used to follow. The one exception is Sk'akh who he also holds to blame for the general persecution of Aut'akh. -
unathi [ACCEPTED] William Murdoch's Unathi app
CatsinHD posted a topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
BYOND Key: William Murdoch Character Names: Saanudr’ar Jurl-Kiimak Mahrikrav Zaydan-Klimekarr Jrizar Makragh (on break) Dimarra Amadrathea Sabah El-Tusi (former) Alik Antonov (former) Species you are applying to play: Unathi What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Brick red (#a24d3d) Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question. Why do you wish to play this specific race: Unathi hooks me on quite a few key areas: Aesthetic, factions, and culture. The aesthetic of the Unathi is a style that I love. It may not be art-deco, but the style that reminds me of Dune (in lore and machinery, at least) is something that I will never get tired of and something that I want to involve myself in more. The factions of Unathi lore are also a major draw. A major point to Unathi that I have found tends to be the wild diversity across the species. The factions exemplify this to a strong degree, from the interstellar power that is the Hegemony to the cult of the Aut’akh, and even the remaining independents from places such as the Queendom of Szek’hakh.The diversity of these, no matter how large are small, add a satisfying amount of flavor and opportunities to the species that only humans rival. Last, but most certainly not least, is the culture. As with all the species, Unathi have a very distinct culture. Their clans which are the basis of their entire society already sets them up in a way that can’t be found anywhere else. It goes further to include concepts such as honor, the large gaps between the nobility and peasantry, and even the clash of faiths. Identify what makes role-playing this species different from role-playing a Human: Putting the physical differences aside, Unathi are a very distinct race in the Auroraverse. They are one of the few nations to have a full feudal system that is the basis for nearly every part of their interstellar nation (One of two feudal space empires I might add. NKA doesn’t count since they are not a space-faring nation) and how it bleeds into their culture and methods of going about the Spur. Another part is also how distinct the culture is. The majority of the population follow a unique code of honor, even the pirates, and maintain it in nearly everything they do, females mostly exempt. Yet at the same time parts of the species break conformities to provide an interesting clash whether it be a Aut’akh cultist or a Dominian Unathi (looking at you Han’san). Mechanic-wise, they are their own beast, as expected, and provide a unique mix of abilities and biological factors such as their cold-bloodedness. Character Name: Ka’leaozhe Kaliahsurzi Please provide a short backstory for this character: Ka’leozhe Kaliahsurzi was born to the Kaliahsurzi clan in 2438, a clan within the minority of Th’akh believers relatively safe within the slums of Skalamar. His father had been called into the levies for the war leaving his mother alone to raise him, although an unwed male from the clan stepped up to assist in his raising. Post Contact War, Kaliahsurzi witnessed the many injured and scarred veterans who had survived the bloody war enter the slums which his clan had inhabited. Feeling a sense of duty, not just to his clan but the veteran warriors who had protected him, he applied to the Skalamar University of Medicine with the help of Nanotrasen assistance, pledging to join the corporation after his education with permission from the Clan Lord, who he had been friendly with. Studies in the university were marked with a betrayal to his normally talkative self to instead hide in the corner of the study hall and listen quietly. It was in a vain attempt to avoid the harassment and harsh looks given by the wealthier nobles attending the prestigious university. During his time, he had offended many of his fellow students, many of whom were nobles, and one of which formed into a form of rivalry. This rivalry peaked when Kaliahsurzie was challenged to a duel to the surrender. About a week later, the two met in a local dueling area and started with friends and family of both sides coming to watch. Kaliahsurzie lost the duel when he surrendered after having his leg injured beyond medical means of fixing. The resulting limp from this injury led to his discovery of the Skalamar undercity commune months later after an Aut’akh member met him in the streets. During his final year of his studies in the university, Kaliahsurzi frequently visited the commune and received a prosthetic to replace his previously injured leg. To keep his conversion a secret, Kaliahsurzie implanted the scales from his old limb onto the new prosthetic and replicated his limp to hide the fact he had been miraculously healed. The final months he had left on Moghes were spent finishing the last of his studies, learning and converting to the Aut’akh faith, and eventually requesting new augments. His conversion to the Aut’akh faith was bumpy, though. Despite his best attempts, everything from meeting with the commune shaman to hours of meditation, Kaliahsurzi found issues with leaving behind his past faith in Th’akh. Even now with his life moved to Tau Ceti, Kaliahsurzi spends great amounts of effort communing with his spirit and talking with any Paradigm to further cement this new faith in his life. Daily meditation is a centerpiece of his schedule and missing it often makes him irritable. His arrival into Tau Ceti was marked by a huge shift in life. His adjustment to this new land was rocky with the first few months spent simply trying to adjust to his new home in the Razortail Enclave. Despite this, he still requested and replaced his arm with a prosthetic to further his faith and conversion. During all of this, Nanotrasen had him working in company hospitals around Mendell City, later NSS Phoenix, and finally his new position on the NSS Aurora. Although in a ‘free’ land, Kaliahsurzie still lives a life of hiding his faith and limbs for the same fear of being ostracized in the same way he could’ve been in Skalamar. What do you like about this character? The major point for me is his conflict. Aut’akh has been, by far, the most interesting part of Unathi lore to me. Playing a character who is attempting to convert while not revealing himself and also continuing his work as a doctor is something I love. It’s the type of mix that gets me hooked. How would you rate your role-playing ability? 8/10 Notes: None that I can think of. -
Kathira has been a fantastic character to interact with and generally be around. This is definitely a solution to Kathi's problem that she'd choose from what I can from with time with with her. This is a definite +1 from me
-
I'll be completely honest and say that when I first had this idea one of the thoughts to cross my mind is "this would be a pretty good loadout item too." The main reason I held off was because I wanted something unique to Saanu. But I would be totally fin simply making this a loadout item (and I already have someone willing to do it) and just adding a custom description and name.
-
Byond key: William Murdoch Discord key: CatsinHD#4202 Character Name: Saanudr'arr Jurl-Kiimak Item name: Idris advanced service cloth Item function(s): Functions the same as the microfiber cloth. Item description: An advanced rag developed and sold by Idris Incorporated at a steep price. It's dry-clean design and advanced insulating synthetic weave make this the pinnacle of service cloths for any self respecting chef or bartender! Why is your character bringing this item to work?: She hardly cooks without some form of rag and Aurora is no exception. Usually Aurora is her busier workplace where a better, more advanced cloth would prove helpful to her when rush sets in. Beyond this, this cloth also allows her to further prove Idris' excellence to all the Nanotrasen employees who she serves. How did your character obtain this item: Saanu attended an advanced Idris service course. Towards the end of this course the top 5 attendees where awarded an "Idris advanced service cloth" to go out and provide the best service and give the Idris brand a good name. The cloth itself was developed by Idris primarily for its service staff who where catering the higher-end meeting within the company; It puts on a good image afterall. However, as incentive for good work in its higher level classes, Idris offers the cloth for the top performers in its courses. What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell?: Saanu knows the use of a good service cloth and, as mentioned before, hardly ever cooks without one. Her use and ownership of this cloth tells of not just how much she values excellence in cooking, from ingredients to tools such as this one, but also her level of work and expectations. She values it as a way to show her pride in her work and company, along with a statement to her skill. Sprites: Saanu Rag.dmi Saanu Rag Wet.dmi (Left image: Wet Rag | Right image: Dry rag) Additional Comments:
-
Mahir Rrhamrare's Hephaestus Auto-darkening Welding Glasses
CatsinHD replied to VeteranGary's topic in Completed Items
+1 It's a neat item and Mahir definitely could use it. Every time I seem to even suggest some kind of physical activity icly Mahir acts like a boulder. Would be really cool to see and fits the character well imo. -
Player Complaint - Joey Miami/CarsonEagle
CatsinHD replied to Roostercat's topic in Complaints Boards Archive
caU-ddXq/caU-dBiY - The changeling I too have forgotten which round ID this was but I was the chef from that round. I can 100% confirm that there was practically no roleplay in the way CarsonEagle went about the beginning of the round. A summary of what happened is this: We both arrived a little late into the round (at least 0:01 and if I remember right I arrived in the kitchen around 0:02). They jumped the bar-kitchen divide after a greeting and asked if my chef wanted help. When I said no they asked "why not?" 2-3 times while slowly approaching me (I was by the chef locker). They then rushed my character down and into the main hall where I got promptly decapped. I heavily doubt it requires explanation why decapping someone in less than 6 minutes is not ok let alone the fact that my summary is nearly a full-detail account of what happened. -
Although probably not intended, if you put your tool down (like placing it back in the tray) it will cancel the step without harming the patient. This borders a fine line, of course, and I'd rather have a mechanical way of stopping a surgical step without having to resort to something like mentioned above.
-
See, the thing with Wiz is that in the right hands it is amazing. I point to the time someone made Nated as a wiz and started an ALA war and stuff. That was fun to no end. Then you get the normal rounds which are interesting at the least even if it follows the same format and is one of like 4 types. Then you get the shit I dealt with last night. A Unathi wiz just zooms around the station throwing shit. No talk, no rp what so ever. Security had a horrible time because they were a Unathi and could tank two full laser rifle dumps before dying by themselves in command. The worst part is that the second you try to retaliate they deploy smoke and blind you. It was below lrp, it was no rp from the wiz. I would love to keep wiz if it didn't have such an unreliable and wide range of quality. When a manifest of 15 crew goes down to 3 with most of that 15 12 who left are ghosts, you have a bad gamemode and sadly it happens too much. TLDR: Replace wiz with Magistake and Loner. Loner just feels like a higher RP version of wiz. Like a slightly less wizardly like technomancer. I've said my piece. (I have not had too much experience with loner aside from like one round)
-
Alright, so right now I am actually try to implement this but it's gonna take some time. As for the secretary role, that is a completely other discussion.
-
Physicians are allowed to perform the life saving surgeries according to the recently updated surgery wiki (assuming no surgeon is around). https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Surgery
-
I think it runs 1:1 but I may be wrong. Instead of basically repeating what was said earlier, all I'm going to say is I like this. If removing night lighting comes along with it, it is a system I will not shed a tear to see go away.
-
TLDR; Add the selection of forms to laptops and consoles. I recently took a stroll back to bay for a bit just to see how it's been doing since I last left. One of the things I have missed the most is paperwork forms being on computers. Paperwork on Aurora is either a love or hate relationship but considering the message consoles are not always where you need them to be when you need to write up a form, it can get annoying even for paper jockeys like me. If laptops and consoles had them I think it would be great and would also encourage more people to own a laptop. I don't mean PDAs or wristbounds but actual laptops and consoles. I can only imagine how much paperwork would actually get done if the surgeons could fill out the surgery release form in the OR or the investigation team filling out an investigation form and evidence forms without having to have everything in their bag already. Now, how complex this is is beyond me but this is merely a suggestion. alternatively we can add a secretary role to do all of the paper pushing
-
I agree with Schev that the medispider needs to have some way to stop security from just disintegrating it the second the antag forgets to pick it back up. If you don't want it to have the ability to fight then there needs to be some incentive to not have sec frag it and instead try to capture it or something. As for ghost roles, have a timer on it. If no ghost inhabits it after a certain amount of time it auto defaults to a AI that can heal them, just not as good as a potential player can. If they need it in a hurry (which is their fault for not planning ahead) maybe the ability to bypass this timer. Or, have it be an AI until a ghost inhabits it. idk, just some ideas.
-
Information rollback - crew manifest restrictions
CatsinHD replied to NerdyVampire's topic in Archive
Either way, whether we give antags the ability to join the manifest or just move the manifest to a newscaster or something, antags who want to go all sneaky like that need to choose better names. Seeing a visitor who is clearly human with the name of "Piercer" is sticks out horrendously OOCly. ICly it would be something you either have to ignore or (as command or sec or something) question. TLDR; if antags can join the manifest through a tool they need to choose less obvious names -
The one I am talking about takes the overwear slot and let's you use the suit section. You can have it with webbing/drop pouches. I agree that it looks good.
-
Medical chest-rig would be nice. The only place I ever see it show up is in the lockers in the sublevel yet they seem so good. I don't see a reason why they couldn't be in the loadout.
-
Honestly, the IAC has always seemed like the 2462 Red Cross and Crescent Organization to me. Their workers are full workers where as the volunteers are volunteers with second jobs, of course. This doesn't come cheap and despite being non-profit that doesn't mean they don't need a way to make money. Considering the 112 million volunteer and worker number, I think that it is reasonable that for the workers who don't get moved to some disaster, since I doubt there are so many disasters that there is no worker who isn't on a disaster mission, they would be "leased" out to help fund operations elsewhere. Whether Nanotrasen would accept those workers is something that would need to be asked, though. If those workers wouldn't be allowed to work on a Nanotrasen station then sure, that is fine and this suggestion shouldn't be ran with. If they are, though, I think it'd likely be as a way for the IAC to keep tabs on NT since they already have showed concern about NT's safety measures. But that's just my 2 cents in bad formatting.
-
Ramke's Command (CE) Application
CatsinHD replied to Ramke's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
Fantastic to play with and great with rp. They definitely know what they're doing. Would love to see them in command! +1 -
[ACCEPTED] Faye's Command (but really just CMO) App
CatsinHD replied to Faye <3's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
From the time I've been able to interact with Faye and their CMO I must say, they're good. Knows medical and can rp quite well. I give my support. -
Honestly I think a lot of these are solid and, at the least, the concept is good. We could all brainstorm something honestly and iron things out.
-
[ACCEPTED] Murdoch's command whitelist
CatsinHD replied to CatsinHD's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
Thanks for the tips, especially the tip about faxes! Fine, I'll fix the formatting -
[ACCEPTED] Murdoch's command whitelist
CatsinHD replied to CatsinHD's topic in Whitelist Applications Archives
Alright, I'll answer most of these from the view of the HoP (with the exception of number 1). 1. Over all of the command positions the first things that I personally would try to do is contact central. Give an update on what we know and the options we are considering to deal with the issue. After all, an up to date Central is better than one sending announcements about not receiving faxes. Next is determine whether the intruders can even be contacted without having a bullet rammed through your skull and setting the code to blue. In this case, contacting them to figure out what they want and negotiating diplomatically would be the safer option. Should that fail, or they are straight up being hostile with no interaction, moving to red, ensuring all the departments are locked down and updating Central to request some form of help would be in line. If Central is not being very helpful or just not responding, it would be time to consider calling an emergency shuttle or launch the emergency beacon. Until a response or the shuttle arrives, a full lockdown would be needed. 2. (Assuming we are in a standard situation) Whether the infraction is high severity or not I would need to contact the rest of command. Personally, I would remind the Captain that they are breaking a regulation with their order and ask that they should look for other options that do not include breaking regulation. If they continue with the order I would fax central, with the other command staff being in agreement, explaining what is happening and the context. If central acknowledges it but does not provide any further info or orders we simply wait for the order to finish and bring it up to the captain afterwards. If it is high severity a discussion would be needed whether or not to remove the captain from power and replace them with an acting captain. Assuming it is successful a fax would be sent to Central again. 3. Considering the only department that can keep the peace and safety is revolting, the first goal is to ensure that crew are safe within their departments. If the revolt starts to shift towards science, inform them through the RD (If one is on shift) or through the PDA and ensure they are on lockdown. Same with the bar, kitchen, engineering (who don't have shutters for some reason), so on. The next step that should be taken ASAP is talking with the HoS, if one is there, about wrangling together security and calming them down. While they do that, or don't because they too are revolting, I'd send a fax to central along with appoint interims assuming it is safe for them to get their ID changed. An ERT would be necessary considering there is no other department that can effectively control a revolting sec (not legally at least and I'm not very fond of an armed cargonia). Without an HoS I'd join security radio to figure out what they are wanting out of this revolt and try to see if talking them out of it would work. Barring that, waiting for ERT or, god forbid it, arming the crew would be in order. 4. Delegate. Bringing us to code blue would be in order along with beginning to hand out interims to people who have records that fall in line with it. Get an interim chief to handle the damages that are inevitable, CMO to coordinate a medbay that hopefully won't fall into chaos once the injuries start arriving. HoS to coordinate the security department and save myself the trouble since I am no tactical mastermind (which is why I never plan on playing HoS). One of these spots, including RD, would already be filled as mentioned in the question. All of the interims appointed would also need to be cleared with that fellow command member before we have problems within the command department. From there I would operate as HoP (assuming that is my job) and try to help the other departments where I can. Assuming no one else does it, updating central is needed. I might have missed something which I have no doubt you will find. Feel free to rip them apart as I expect you will. I will never fix my formatting. -
BYOND key: William Murdoch Character names: (Notable Characters) Kandaza Saif Sabah El-Tusi Alik Antonov How long have you been playing on Aurora?: ~5-6 months Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: Command presents an interesting experience which I am looking for. In the times I have experienced command through being Interim or a random event it has been a position I have found a level of fun that is different than most other things. It is the joy of executing a plan and organizing a team to deal with a situation successfully or improve a section of the station in a quick and efficient manner. Why did you come to Aurora?: Compared to the other servers I played before Aurora, Aurora was the best for roleplay which is what I was searching for. My experiences on Bay were boring and Paradise Station was too chaotic for me to have any lasting RP so I came back to Aurora, which I had hopped on once in August 2019 or sometime like that. Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes. I also have some experience as interim CE (and technically HoP) Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? Two warnings. We mess up sometimes and the best we can do is learn from those times. Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each. Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay can be seen as two things, the dictionary definition and the practical definition. Dictionary wise, roleplay is acting out the part of a person or character. This is a solid definition but also lacks the practical side of it. To have good roleplay the player needs to feel their character while playing as them. Roleplay ultimately is about acting out interesting situations and the chaos and adventure in solving them. The enjoyment is from characters who are not us, or who are, and are in a situation or setting that is not our own. The thrill and fun of roleplay comes from players who are invested in their characters and how these characters interact in these situations. What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: The OOC purpose of the Head of Staff is to further RP, or enhance it. Mechanically the station can run fine without any command staff but without them a level of rp and fun is lost. Security can deal with a threat and have fun but there is a charm with a commander leading his officers in a way that can successfully deal with a problem. They introduce a level of RP that is not needed but is cool and fun when it is there. Beyond that they also provide a good learning source for players. They can help out new players and give out suggestions to others. What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: OOC wise they are there to assist players who have questions about a department or who are new to the game. They are in a position to help and lead those who are under their command in game but this does not change oocly, except for the under their command part. I plan on keeping myself open to questions some players may have about the department or how to work in said department. If it is something I don’t know yet I will strive to learn that field and come back to teach them or help them find someone who does know the field better than I do. Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career? Fahkr is a reassigned HoP to the Aurora after his retirement from the Legion. Before the invasion he served as a Quatermaster on the NCV Archimedes which experienced a large increase in activity with the phoron shortage. Loading and unloading had to be faster and more flights had to be made as phoron demand increased and increased. The invasion pulled him back to the Legion, though, as he was pulled in full time. His new position finds even more pressure as he has to keep a well supplied mining crew pumping out phoron on one of the major mining station producing phoron. He is also recovering from the war and his time fighting. What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? Head of Personnel and potentially CE. Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking: Fakhr Al-Kandari – Head of Personnel (Created just for command) How would you rate your own roleplaying?: 7/10 Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yes Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? Yes Extra notes: I haven't been as active as normal in the past week or two because of a combination of school and holidays. Hoping to get back into it.