Feedback Wanted - Bluespace Bears (Event)

Lohikar

Yes, another feedback thread. Whee.

I would like peoples' opinions on the Bluespace Bear event; if anything should be changed about it, if it should be removed, or if it is fine as-is.

The main issues with this event that I am aware of are:

1. The event does not make much sense IC.
  2. Bears aren't much fun for people who aren't security.

Yes, another feedback thread. Whee.

I would like peoples' opinions on the Bluespace Bear event; if anything should be changed about it, or if it should be just removed.

The main issues with this event that I am aware of are:

1. The event does not make much sense IC.
  2. Bears aren't much fun for people who aren't security.

Hey!

Perhaps we can be more clear on the regularity of BIOWEAPONS escaping from research facilities? I believe that is the main issue with the IC "making sense" standpoint.

ICly (most) people are not blinking an eye when a HoS simply states "Get to the armoury, suit up for bears." when there is no mention of bears over comms or any sightings, just the standard "Bioweapons have escaped" announcement. I myself tend to consider this meta, but certain people are stating it isn't due to the regularity of it happening (mainly because it also occurs in extended, so it must be commonplace). . My argument is that similarly on extended power failure (or even SM issues) is common yet it is not regular due to the IC lore efficiency of the multitrillion corporation. Would it be possible for it to be made clear the irregularity and the anomalous nature of bioweapons escaping from containment? If not, I feel that it is going to continue to be treated as a commonplace such as carp.

Overall, I feel that the bluespace bears should continue to occur, but perhaps make it clear that it is a very anomalous and unexpected thing. These are not simple drones or standard carp, but bluespace weapons of bioengineered mass destruction- something that you'd think is uncommon and quite unheard of.

I like the idea of a more severe event but I think it was not properly thought out.

I have a few issues with it, one can be dealt with via mechanics, the other needs to be roleplayed out.

Firstly, I think the delivery method sucks, so these space teleporting bears can teleport anywhere and they always pick us, WHY? It also needs some RNGesus in it's life, when the event is announced you know it's teleporting bluespace bears and not some vague "bioweapon".

I suggest we change the event slightly, so instead it would go like "An xenobiological sample pod has drifted off-course due to meteors, contact with the ASS Aurora imminent" or something along that line, and a bunch of mobs from a list would be on a drop pod that randomly falls in a low traffic area with accessibility to hallways or departments, maybe make them two to spread them out more.

though with newmap it would be a bit restricted, maybe falls through the roof of an elevator and moves down? anything is better than right now.

Another issue is how frequent canonically this happens as pointed out, everyone is pretty much jaded about bio-fucking-weapons invading their workplace because some sick fucko can't hold their bluespace bears who in the FUCK is making bluespace teleporting bears and for WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE. I've started treating it like something that only happened once, but i think some RnGesus in what comes out can help with suspension of disbelief, like "yea we had a pod crash and some cute cats cam-OH GOD HELP!"

The event itself is not too bad.

It could use a bit of tweaking tough and maybe some variance (different types of mobs everything from corgis over (bluespace) bears to some of these xenobio mobs)

Something that could be really nice would be giving tazers a chance to work on these mobs so security could [/i ]capture them for xenobio (not that they would even try because

)
  • 2 months later...

The event itself is not too bad.

It could use a bit of tweaking tough and maybe some variance (different types of mobs everything from corgis over (bluespace) bears to some of these xenobio mobs)

Something that could be really nice would be giving tazers a chance to work on these mobs so security could capture them for xenobio (not that they would even try because

)

I like both of these, mixed mobs and the ability to stun them for further ERPs via research. Mite-b-cool to have their organs and what not removable for actual research levels but that's another suggestion to be honest.

Bear event is trash. I'd rather have a severe spider infestation event. Y'know, with nursing spiders?

Point 1: You have a much higher survival chance

Point B: Gives everyone involved more to do than just "Bring the dead to medical for cloning"

If a non-sec gets caught with a bear and dont have a locker super readily available, they're fucking dead because the bears do so much damage, and they cant be outrun, or they just teleport infront of you.

the only interaction space bears brings to the server is mauling people until they die, they aren't an actual pest to deal with, just artificially difficult enemies that teleport frequently and are generally obnoxious in general. even spiders are more interesting in the way they kill people.

It doesn't add much than people yelling "BEARS!!" Over the common channel. Then Security is often running around shooting lasers at teleporting bears. And it is only usually targeted on one person, and if you have no weapon. You'll be mauled and possibly dead. People only use it for food, and to wear on their heads afterwards. It gives some quick excitement, but nothing much than just mauling people.

• 1 month later...