• One Suggestion per Thread
  • Make sure your suggestion has not been suggested before. (Search the Suggestions Sub-Forum)
  • Please don't title the thread in all capitals.
  • Don't respond to idea's with gif's, +1/-1 provide reasons on why you like an idea or not.
  • Do not derail the thread
  • Read the whole thread before you post in it. (Yes, that means all of it)
  • The usual forum rules still apply here.
  • Developers will delete all posts that violate any of these rules are are not contributing to the discussion in a suggestion.
  • The reasoning behind a suggestion should be elaborated upon in the initial post to a reasonable extent.

Obligatory Sec Gun Replacement Thread

My motive is simple: Make Sec more Sci-Fi

While the .45 rubbers have been around for a while, I want Sec to be more futuristic. and give them a lowkey buff

So replace the .45 with the e-pistol. It'd allow them to take out carp without having to get the carbines and be less lethal than the .45 in takedowns, as well as have the capacity for lethal fire if an antag is KoS.
We can keep .45s in the armory if Sec wants them back, or maybe even have it so you can choose which you want through the Warden, and have both in the Armory.
  • Amateur Spriter

Re: Obligatory Sec Gun Replacement Thread

Zundy wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:41 pm
I'd say replace with an upgraded Epistol - Epistol MKII "Tachyon" known as "Tay" (pass me your Tay). It's a new model developed by NT that utilizes phoron crystals in its construction. Increases the charge and maybe the damage/stun depending on people's appetite for that.

Thoughts?
This would be a nice idea for the E-Pistol buff thread I made in tandem for this.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11464
  • Amateur Spriter

I genuinely think that ammo based weapons are fine. It allows the Warden to control whether or not security can use lethals or not.
Current Projects:
1. Kinetic Accelerator Additions
2. Flash rework
3. .loc > forceMove Code cleanup
4. Container tweaks

Planned Projects:
1. Bar/Kitchen map tweaks
2. Xenobiology map + slime tweaks
3. Asteroid Dungeons

Cargo isn't just going to do that, most of the time. Don't want to get in trouble, after all.

Anyway I like the idea but Burger brings up a good point. What if the warden was required to "unlock" the gun's lethal mode? Keeps that sci-fi vibe with the warden retaining his agency over security's level of force.
Discord: Eels! The Musical#9351
(I don't pay attention to the Aurora discord server unless pinged.)
= = =
Current Characters:
Wynter Steele - Librarian - Pink Poetry Pest
Kizikh Guwan - Gardener - The Guwan Garden
Sazya Xichi - Miner - Edict-breaker, Rock-breaker
Sikaevi Suhn'Krashzkrikh - Security Officer - "Just call me Sunny."
Nahjiya Khayaram - Maintenance Technician - "Rrrrepublicanism is bloodshed!"
Hadiyya Nejem - Chemist - Rebel With a Beaker
Rowan "Miss" Fortune - Cargo Tech - Delightful Dreg
Marceline Finch - Mechatronic Engineer - 0% Social Skills, 100% Sleepy
H.A.R.P.I. - pAI - "How exciting!"
Azulzi Sinensiz - Merchant - Treacherous Trader
Samirah Al-Kandari - Janitor - Big Janitor, Big Sister
Ashes - Merc - "The Ssssyndicate isss my clan, now."
Misfire - Raider - Would rather shoot the shit than shoot 'em up
Tpr. A'dab "Sphinx" El-Safin - ERT - "Salam, Aurora. Grandma is here for you."
Retired:
Spoiler:
Rafia Lakhani - Maintenance Technician - Frontier Grandma
Zizi'Azik Kuhwinla - Janitor - "Messes for Zizi?? Okay okay!"

Support the idea of buffing the E-pistol, not big on handing it to officers. Many would jump straight to lethal. Not a fan of the Warden lethal-lock as a fix either. Tend to find a lotta rounds where antags play warden (without a HoS) to nerf Sec. Lethal-lock would only extend that.

Not opposed to standard issue e-pistol as a whole, just how it affects lethality.

Not a fan of giving officers options to lethals round-start. Remember that officers are not whitelisted. This would risk ruining more rounds for antags than it would help.
I am the official leader of the Aurorastation Shadow Cabal. Remember who it is amongst us that has delivered you the righteous fate of this server. What have I foretold that has not come to pass?

Excellence is not an art. It is a habit. We are what we repeatedly do.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”