Crozarius

Okay. So since everyone's been saying "Don't complain in OOC make a forum thread" here I am doing the thing. My apologies if this isn't where this should be. If there's a more appropriate place, please can an Admin move this topic?

Anyway: I don't like the changes to PDA. The sprite for the ID is good, I like it, and I'm ambivalent on the sprite for the PDA. It's a bit weird but maybe I could get used to it. However, the colour colour palette for these things is ugly, bland and monotone. They're grey bricks and I hate looking at them. I think that that's been a pretty consistent feedback on these things: Good sprites, but please make the screens on them the same blue colour that they used to be for better contrast, because at the moment they're very very de-saturated and dull. 

also have to agree with the consensus here:

the new design? very pretty! extremely well done! i appreciate the detail in the new sprites, for sure. the mail icon is really cute and a lot more forward than some random red blinking light.

i just need color back. the fact that the case almost blends in with the screen throws me off a bit. my favorite thing about aurora is the colors. please don't take them away.

yeah I HEAVILY debated it because it sucked when I tested it with the UI but I thought "people might like the grimdark color"

i'll fix in in a jiff, it seems to be that i set the transparency of the screens too high so it kind of blended into the background

thanks for the feedback, everyone

Edited by wowzewow

can we just shift entirely to branded PDA's that have different sprites based, not on department, but just... well, y'know? like different makes and model of PDA? they're basically space cell phones and we could lean into that, with competing models of PDA that all look like the same rounded rectangle wildly different

i get the whole ''it's a secure station and you can't communicate outside it'' but we could also justify that with ''the network that relays signals is private and bounced to the station only''

if we shift toward different styles of PDA, it'd provide so much more flexibility for spriters and players. that said, i do love these new sprites; especially with the updated colors

4 hours ago, BRAINOS said:

can we just shift entirely to branded PDA's that have different sprites based, not on department, but just... well, y'know? like different makes and model of PDA? they're basically space cell phones and we could lean into that, with competing models of PDA that all look like the same rounded rectangle wildly different

i get the whole ''it's a secure station and you can't communicate outside it'' but we could also justify that with ''the network that relays signals is private and bounced to the station only''

if we shift toward different styles of PDA, it'd provide so much more flexibility for spriters and players. that said, i do love these new sprites; especially with the updated colors

mwaha's actually working on this lmao https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/7101