SO, about that New Big Thing

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Roostercat said:

I really dislike how we are playing jenga with the corporation’s colors. It basically throws any set theme they had before out of the window for the sake of aesthetics. I don’t feel very confident in “We are working on writing them to make sense” and similar resonings to explain it, as I have not seen any of this actually happen. Zavod should stay red, and Hephaestus should stay green. NT only makes sense because it conflicted with the SCC’s color scheme.

Hephaestus uniforms had their color fixed to include green. However, Zavod has the following colors in the wiki:

Primary Color Scheme: Black, red, pink and pale brown/tan

Not all zavod uniforms will be black or will use all of these colors. They will likely be reserved to security.

I like the new colors. I was going to comment in-line with earlier comments on them. The zav_apprentice kinda looks like a heph brand uniform, but it might just be because they're stand-alone next to one another. With all the accesories and gear specific to their 'brands' it should all stick out more! So I don't see any recommended changes atm.

Edited by Marlon P.
5 hours ago, RyverStyx said:

After some feedback we went back to the old Heph colors for their engineering suits.

This insinuates that the Operations Uniforms are in some way different to the Engineering ones, I'll ask again; do Heph Operations Unis have the Blue/Yellow colour scheme or the Green/Yellow colour scheme - or has it not been sprited, therefore not decided?

11 minutes ago, BunkyB said:

This insinuates that the Operations Uniforms are in some way different to the Engineering ones, I'll ask again; do Heph Operations Unis have the Blue/Yellow colour scheme or the Green/Yellow colour scheme - or has it not been sprited, therefore not decided?

We are still working on the operations sprites, so no answer for now.

10 hours ago, Butterrobber202 said:

One question I have about the mapping for the ship is:

Will Security Camera Coverage be as invasive as is it is on the Aurora? Outside of Maintenance Tunnels, and a number of rooms you can count on one hand, every single room has a Security Camera inside. Will this be the case on the Ship?

Right now cameras are where the AI can see. So you'd nerf the AI quite a bit by removing a lot of the cameras. But imho removing most cameras aside from ones in public/sensitive areas, and making some new way for AI to look around, would be a good move.

20 hours ago, RyverStyx said:

image.png.438a8d1b687faefc9912563239950b19.png

After some feedback we went back to the old Heph colors for their engineering suits. We also touched up the T-Shirts a bit after some suggestions. Thank you for all the feedback given so far!

A solid improvement! A minor nitpick, if I may: both engineering suits look like a firefighter uniform, and that's one of the jobs usually assigned to atmo techs. Imho the engineer and atmo tech suits should be switched.

21 hours ago, RyverStyx said:

After some feedback we went back to the old Heph colors for their engineering suits. We also touched up the T-Shirts a bit after some suggestions. Thank you for all the feedback given so far!

I love the Heph uniforms after the feedback, but I feel the Zavodskoi uniforms have got less recognisable with it; their uniforms share the same base colour as the Heph apprentice shirt and the Heph atmos arms under the jumpsuit, leading to minimal identifiability within Zavod engineering in part because the new Zavod colour scheme seems to be almost identical to the "baseline" Engineering oranges & yellows. As with other companies' palettes, I really feel it could do with a secondary colour to make it more visually identifiable (perhaps red highlights?), especially since their main colour is so similar to the standard Engineering colours. 

4 hours ago, Skull132 said:

That's probably. Kind of the point.

imho it should be done in some different way. Half the fun of playing AI (At least for me, back when I did) was looking at the weird shit X departament was doing, and playing after the AI whitelist was implemented, I can say that I've not really seen any AI really "busting" an antag in the middle of something.

32 minutes ago, tomkiel said:

imho it should be done in some different way. Half the fun of playing AI (At least for me, back when I did) was looking at the weird shit X departament was doing, and playing after the AI whitelist was implemented, I can say that I've not really seen any AI really "busting" an antag in the middle of something.

It happened all the time. The AI can watch anyone at any point and you have no real way to tell or countermeasures. Having a little privacy from the AI on the NBT ship will be nice.

Edited by Marlon P.
9 minutes ago, tomkiel said:

Gotta agree with this to an extent. As an AI main, if you nerf me any further, you might as well not have an AI at all. I made an entire argument some time ago about how AI can be nerfed further without taking game play away from us. The door bolts and removed shocking came from it, and it helped tremendously. I played a round yesterday where Engineering was (more or less) playing hide and seek. I couldn't find Larisa Hunter at ALL.

So there's a lot of effective ways to hide from an AI, and I don't think a bigger gut punch to the AI on NBT's ship is going to do anyone any favors.

We're still people behind the AI, and we still want to enjoy the round as much as other characters on the station.

On 29/11/2021 at 09:23, RyverStyx said:

I do appreciate the forest green given here for hephaestus. Would we benefit from using the defining lines like the ingame uniforms for Zavod and applying it to the engineers? I believe its safety lining (not sure what to call it). The red is already the eyegrabber for them imo would you use Black/Brown instead? 

Edited by KesterShadowHair

Today's nbt teaser:

One of the docks:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Heph operations uniform (once again, this is wip. We are still going to have a general uniform feedback topic when all uniforms are done):

Spoiler

unknown.png

This is probably our last teaser for the year, but we still have more news about the nbt to give this year.

I love the Machinist and Miner uniforms, but the Tech one seems really generic - mainly my distaste for the colour brown. Will these be getting cargo short variants like the NT ones we have now?

I'm looking forward to the uniform feedback post, whenever it comes out.

7 hours ago, WickedCybs said:

I checked the shuttle pictures posted prior and thought of something to ask. Is the lack of a SMES and accompanying APCs intentional or a time saving measure for now when it comes to how the shuttles are mapped out?

There is no space to place it anywhere, but this might change.