SO, about that New Big Thing

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like, I don't mind the red. It's a nice color, but honestly, those look like they work for Zavodskoi if Zavodskoi ever did anything related to Service. Just with a notably lighter color, instead of Black its Grey, instead of the dark red, its that pinkish-scarlet.

I don't see Red with NT, and its probably just because I'm used to associating Blue with it, but honestly, I think it should stay blue. Instead of having Blue be the SCC you could make that pinkish-scarlet the SCC color and keep the Blue for NT. Otherwise, I mean, I'll get used to it.

That being said, I really like the Janitor outfits, for both NT and Idris. And that bottom-middle one for NT, all geared up. I assume that's... Cook? I like it.

Today's teaser:

Engineering uniforms (we are working on the shading to match the rest of the clothing):

Spoiler

unknown.png

We also decided to let the community choose the nbt ship's name. The staff is gathering some cool ship name ideas for people to vote. A poll in game with the name options will likely be up next week.

58 minutes ago, BunkyB said:

Is there a reason Heph uniforms are going from Green/Yellow to Blue/Yellow? Do the Operations Uniforms also carry this colour scheme?

To quote this concern, while I had no qualms about NanoTrasen's newest color scheme (They never had one in the first place), I'm...somewhat puzzled to see Hephaestus' old green/yellow now being blue/yellow. As someone said on Discord, it looks like the Captain's jumpsuit.
Other than these new color schemes, the sprites look great.

Not really a fan of the new colors for the great Hephaestus. I always loved the green/orange color combo. But I do like the Zavod colors.

Also, I cant help buy feel like the jumpsuits are switched around. Like the apparentice should be wearing the coverall set and the t-shirt combo/peeled down set for the normal engineer.

Can't say I'm really all that sold on the Heph Engi jumpsuit. Color change really isn't the end of the world for me(plus I can make blue collar puns) but the detailing on it makes it feel more like a full-on formal uniform which, being a mechanic, feels the exact opposite of something you wear in a maintenance setting. I'm not sure if it was some kind of attempt to have hazard markings, but it just doesn't sell it all that well.

17 minutes ago, Butterrobber202 said:

Why would it? It's not like Baystation stopped being Bay when they used the Torch.

Or paradise stopped being paradise despite being on the cyberiad. Altho I still think keeping server and ship name the same would be best - - more newbie friendly.

I really dislike how we are playing jenga with the corporation’s colors. It basically throws any set theme they had before out of the window for the sake of aesthetics. I don’t feel very confident in “We are working on writing them to make sense” and similar resonings to explain it, as I have not seen any of this actually happen. Zavod should stay red, and Hephaestus should stay green. NT only makes sense because it conflicted with the SCC’s color scheme.

7 hours ago, Alberyk said:

Today's teaser:

Engineering uniforms (we are working on the shading to match the rest of the clothing):

Hide contents

unknown.png

We also decided to let the community choose the nbt ship's name. The staff is gathering some cool ship name ideas for people to vote. A poll in game with the name options will likely be up next week.

The first four are good, the last two need more shading. The nearly-flat t-shirt look is just not a good one to go for, imo.

It's great to hear that the ship name won't be another Aurora (Unless, disappointingly, everyone votes to keep the name. I hope that's not an option). Can't wait to see the vote.

7 hours ago, DanseMacabre said:

It's great to hear that the ship name won't be another Aurora (Unless, disappointingly, everyone votes to keep the name. I hope that's not an option).

Smh, Danse being anti democracy. . .

But yeah, glad to hear it's being voted on. Even if I will still vote on it being the Aurora, unless there's some REALLY good alternatives.

11 hours ago, Roostercat said:

I really dislike how we are playing jenga with the corporation’s colors. It basically throws any set theme they had before out of the window for the sake of aesthetics. I don’t feel very confident in “We are working on writing them to make sense” and similar resonings to explain it, as I have not seen any of this actually happen. Zavod should stay red, and Hephaestus should stay green. NT only makes sense because it conflicted with the SCC’s color scheme.

I agree. I was alright with NT going red because they didn't really have a theme before that, but it's particularly depressing to see Zavod reduced to this drab brown/yellow. Which, in fairness, was part of their aesthethic with some unfiforms, but now that it's isolated I'm worried it'll be hard to distinguish them at all. Not to mention, if we change the colour schemes like this, that means everything from the logos is going to have to be changed accordingly - and that seems like a lot more work compared to just sticking to the current range.