Jump to content

WickedCybs

Administrators
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WickedCybs

  1. You were not banned just due to this one incident. Your behavior has been consistently terrible whether it is on the discord or on the server. Unchanged as well considering the first thing you did since posting last year was continuing your inane argument. Since the last warning I applied on you, I noticed you've also been unceasing in your passive aggression and lack of respect for other people during the time you played, which is not what I'd call an improvement. You earned the strike Alb applied due to your behavior, just like you earned this permanent ban for proving to me you are completely unchanged.
  2. I don't think this is an issue that can be solved by ahelping because there's really nothing to ahelp about often. I rarely see power-surgeons these days that try to do everything at the expense of overs and they tend to get ICly reminded if they slip up. They still often seem encouraged to do things like the GTR along with their usual duties as I mentioned earlier, unless the department is full and coordinated enough for them to be able to relax in the reception or sit tight in an OR. It all happens due to the way medical is structured and a consequence of the gameplay loop, is my perspective.
  3. Alt titles are something Aurora moved away from. Trying to establish a solid authority that's not the CMO is also something that I won't really be desired (the surgeons already aren't). Having people "pick" what they can do would lead to the issue Gem stated. Physician does feel superfluous since it's overlapped by every other role and has no real "thing" that only it does. On paper they run the GTR yet in practice practicality anyone can and will do so as well, especially in a crisis. I found medical unused to having physicians present much and the ones that did play eventually stopped or went surgeon. Which mandated helping out in the GTR by others even if they wanted to "stay" in their lane due to lack of numbers. Those were my experiences when I mained it, though I have not done much medical lately. The option I'd see as having some potential is the last one.
  4. Drawing blood is quite safe already. True to life though, people doing these procedures monitor the patient to keep things safe. As a physician, you're expected to know the general dangerous level of blood oxygenation (below 85%. this is on the wiki) and have all the ingame tools to observe how the blood draw is affecting them. The IV also beeps once the patient is under the safe level and sends that message to the chat log. Scanning them as I believe you were doing, would have also shown how the blood draw was affecting them on the readouts. In-game blood drives go without incident very often. This seems more like a case of not being aware of the mechanics as you were thinking of IRl instances instead, which can be fair enough. Now you know what to do for the next time.
  5. The sensors don't overheat at level three do slightly raise in temperature at level three now, but it's not very significant and have a fairly generous range at the moment. I'd hope any changes don't make the range too high as there's actual reason now to have someone manning the sensors instead of being able to easily handle everything alone. Navigation is great to incentivize being a team effort (the sensors console even has a greater view of the area vs the helm console) and temporary increases of the sensor range still gives enough time to note down important locations and hazards. Unrelated to that, I like the new atmos substations.
  6. The Aurora CE uniform looks very cool. I think it's more distinctive than the NBT CE set.
  7. There haven't been any objections, so I'm going to look into a revert PR once I can properly do those again. I'm just limited by my current laptop at the moment. Though I think it'd be best to do it once the Horizon is fully released.
  8. Me and Faris reviewed the relevant information. We don’t believe @MattAtlas and @Faye <3 were wrong in their judgements here. I’ll walk you through the why @Filthyfrankster. To start this off, a clarification on escalation. This is something that is also visible on the rules page as it describes when a punishment is usually applicable. I'll post the temporary ban section here for ease of reference. So in essence, a warning can result in a temporary ban. This has always been the case. Regarding Faye’s ticket and verdict. I did not see the harsh approach you spoke of. Faye did not seem to be aggressive nor did they speak out of turn. She followed the proper escalation and was just informing you, not teasing you. There’s zero mentions of a ban in the ticket as well. I’ll be posting the most pertinent details in the spoiler below. On review of Matt’s ticket. You were quite confrontational whereas Matt was just trying to walk you through the reasoning. I do understand the additional remarks hurt to see but there’s no basis to throw out its relevance solely on that and as mentioned at the start of this post, warnings are something that stay considered otherwise It’d be easy enough to stop playing for a while and let the warning expire. I’ll be posting further details in the spoiler below. In summary, the warnings are valid. They won’t be overturned. I don’t believe you were treated with any bias and I think Matt was doing you a solid by not bringing your LOOC and OOC conduct into it. I do think the staff only portion of a warning should be written more formally and will advise that. The complaint will stay open for a day or two in case there’s any further responses.
  9. Another suggestion that comes to mind to me, is that I think the Intrepid would benefit from a sleeper. These aren't too powerful and I'd say they're pretty perfect in the less equipped shuttle that is the Intrepid. There's just a stasis factor if needed (eats a lot of power, which would be a tradeoff if the Intrepid ever gets a SMES) and basic chemicals that might see use. But that's quite enough for what it does. Ideally I think bridge crew could benefit from being icly able to operate these at the least as well. On the Aurora at the moment, they don't tend to see much use outside of the diyal/stomach pump function because you already have everything you need at hand. That's cool to hear then!
  10. I wouldn't want it any lower than twenty five if a change did happen, but I don't mind thirty. The important thing is that the bridge crew aren't just pilots, that's one of their various duties. They're trusted enough to be expedition leaders, use the command programs, get a gun. Vetted enough to control the very expensive ship. Rather than the age, I'd like if bridge crew were labelled under command instead of civilian even if they aren't given any authority while on the Horizon. They're very linked to Command.
  11. Reviving this thread now that it's been more than a month. There are no changes to what I have written here, I still view it as a needless step that does not add much.
  12. That might get crowded yeah though it could work imo. I think the disclaimer at the very least is a pretty good idea though.
  13. At the moment new players see every job in Aurora and can easily switch on the fly. We handle them though because that's not allowed. Corp switching on a whim would be handled much the same I'd think. That said even if its seen as a good idea it would take a lot of effort to implement I'd think, so bit of a pipe dream.
  14. I was thinking back to the faction selection of the NBT. During the testing, I noted a few comments of confusion from people used to having every role available on the job menu. I think it may not be too intuitive to make it so you only see the jobs available to the megacorporation you have selected. So I thought, what if every job was on the menu but it has a faction tag you can change if applicable? The direct comparison will be to Bay here, so I will show they handle their menu. I put a red outline over the area in which they have players decide the faction of a character. It's a lot more simple than the press faction button, select faction, confirm faction selection we have going on. The benefit of Aurora's is it gives an informational readout on your chosen faction, though I'd think it could be possible to still retain that if this seems like a good idea at all.
  15. I'd say it'd be nice if the bridge had a fax machine by the area with the photocopier, as well as some more command consoles if possible for general use. Other than that, it would be good if the tech storage recieved new circuit boards for the helm, sensors and engine control consoles. The bridge is vulnerable to getting destroyed easy along with its equipment if an accident happens. Spares for engineering would be useful if replacements are needed.
  16. I can only really comment on their IC conduct, which I'd say is excellent. Their characters are fun to interact with and their command ones do well in the position of head staff when it comes to driving a round forward. Pretty solid.
  17. I thought bughunt could already happen by itself. I think it's worth being its own game mode then if it isn't.
  18. The regulators killing mobs was something I didn't consider. That's probably quite the issue then.
  19. This is always a change I've wanted. The sterile fullbright lighting has always robbed Aurora of atmosphere and overpowered colour in general, making things washed out. I've always tried going for night lighting because that's at least marginally better than the default light setting, but these tweaks already look far better than either mode.
  20. True, just for the sole purpose of keeping it to a wrenchable level it'd still be a notable improvement over the pump though. The manual valve is just going full throttle and directly supplying the pipes, which can be ideal if you aren't worrying about the pressure. I will pay more attention to how atmos seems to be on the next testing phase so I can get a better feel for this, as well as the locations. I haven't done as much tweaking around as I would have liked to last week due to little time. At least on full release, we'll have the map to ourselves to see when it comes to private testing. I do kind of hope the regulators are a sign that the atmos sim is going to become more involved, that's an area I've always to improve on but parsing the code when it comes to atmos was a headache. As it stands, the one thing I do agree on is that Aurora atmos kind of only has two real "answers" and that would be putting a pressure regulator to slightly under where you can't remove the pipe anymore or just shoving in as much air as you can since pipe bursts are set to some sky high amount that is hard to reach in a normal round. Will probably talk more about this on the department discord when I experiment more as it's not too useful for this thread anymore.
  21. It's the game mechanics as we have it now. You just need to examine any vent after a breach while it is active and you'll see where it caps out at. The reason there's going to be a notable improvement is because the vent is going to be consistently pushing 200 liters due to the air surplus. It will never go above this. So going over the threshold stops doing anything other than ensuring the pipes aren't getting drained anytime soon and stops the pipe from being taken out normally (which could be ideal if you don't want the pipes messed with). I've done a lot of atmos myself, I've never really felt the need to go above 310 normally. More was fine when a really large volume of air absolutely needed to be pushed through and we had vents being placed to take advantage of it. That's speaking purely when it comes to air vents here. If you do things like adding air pump filling stations then gigacharging the supply pipes does become a lot more practical. Other than that, a pressure regulator and pump also serve different functions. The pump is pushing a set level of gas into the piping, the pressure regulator is just letting the gas through but tapering it off. The latter is going to be faster at letting gas in should a breach happen compared to the former. I wasn't able to see exactly how many pressure regulators are on the ship, but so long as they're in easy to reach "key" areas of maintenance it should be easy enough to run and configure them for anyone that'd like to boost things up. If that's not the case, I think that should be a change.
  22. One thing that's good to note I think is that in the end, vents only cap out at a certain amount of liters of air per second (that's two hundred I think) no matter what's in the distro. Over-pressurizing just ensures a buffer where the supply is going to be more than enough to meet the demand and it'll still be streaming in, though slower (but the amount of pipes still means a lot of space for the gas to be in). The real bottleneck to filling up rooms is always the amount of vents when it comes to supply. I wouldn't say that's much of an obstruction personally, but it's more useful if we ever have to worry about pipe bursts and the atmos simulation becoming more important than it is now if that ever becomes a thing later in development. I think it'd be best to keep them in for now and see if the regulators actually end up making a negative difference or not with Aurora's current style of atmospherics.
  23. 100% this would be really great for skrell roleplay. They're usually cognizant of the Srom and able to sleep on demand in lore anyway. Knowing there's people in there to chat with seems fine to me and should get it used in a way that you don't need to try and arrange all the time.
  24. I finally got to play some real rounds this weekend and it's been quite a bit of fun, especially on the bridge. Before, command was rather separated and had no natural area to group together but now they do and they get bridge crew to make it more lively. On bridge crew, it would seem there's a lot more trust put into them considering they have miniature disruptors, access to announcements and such. It seems to be working out as a fun role on its own, very good that it's also serving as a way to learn aspects of command assuming that's staying. Other than that, the map is quite cool and the speed of the changes and fixes even on the this single testing weekend was pretty impressive, I think every single one of my issue reports was fixed basically. I hope more people remember to use issue reports. My earlier concern of there being a lot of 2 tile hallways ended up I think not being very applicable. Having time to wander around I've found there's quite a bit of space. I think the walkways on the top level are the only thing I think could be extended to three. Also, very cool use of the single tile windows and windoors when making the EVA areas. I think while some might want full walls and windows, it does kind of give it a unique look. I just like it a lot for some reason. At the moment, I can think of a few suggestions as well. EVA lacks inflatable boxes and more would be nice. Since the Horizon is a ship setting, I think it'd also be fair to finally up the voidsuit amounts for other departments. Security and medical shouldn't need to get by on two anymore since the likelihood of needing EVA protection is far greater now. Command having its own style of voidsuit would also be ideal for the bridge crew at the least too, else they need to borrow or use the basic spacesuits. For the Intrepid, the main airlock is rather small. Space constraints are probably an issue, though a 3x3 box would help in moving most teams since the 2x22 is going to be a roadblock on any expedition with more than four members unless they lay down. It would also allow more vents to be fit in. Cycling is currently really slow, that could also be due to Aurora vents not draining as much in general.
  25. I expect this to maybe be an after NBT thing. I find a lot of pathways being two tiles wide may cause traversal to be an issue, especially the ones near areas like research or the holodeck or those pathways above the tree. I think 3 wide for anywhere with moderate to high traffic is desirable because it lets people navigate themselves and large objects with less issue
×
×
  • Create New...